opinions please (yet another sleeping arrangments post

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By Lucybug99

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2012, 08:34 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So If you cant tell by now I'm a terrible shopper especially when it comes to things I'm not familer with however I think Iv finally narrowed down to 2 options each im just not sure which to go with.

For sleeping

I was originally going to get one of this for the first few months
Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Deluxe Rock n' Play Lightweight Plush Sleeper, Snugabunny: Baby

Pros- I absolutely loved the Idea of the snugabunny iv heard great things about it plus its affordable and adorable.

Cons- boyfriend is concerned the cats may lay in it and crowed baby when we sleep.

Im now considering this instead
GRACOBABY - Pack 'n Play® Playard with Newborn Napper® Station

Pros- for about the same it would cost to buy individually I get storage, a napper, a changer, and a lullaby box for starting out. plus a play yard and drop in infant sleeper for later.

Cons- lots of attachments seem like lots of possibilitys for a malfunction to me.

August 6th, 2012, 09:07 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
We are actually planning on getting that pack N play that you posted the link to. Its on our registry. We have always had baby sleep in a pack N play for the first couple months. Our old pack N play we took and left and DH's parents house so that its there when we visit. That way my mom's house has one and DH's parents house have one. Now when we go home to visit we won't have to bring one!

August 6th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For your money I'd go with the pack n play because, like you said, you can use it for so much more and longer.

As for the cats, we're going to start closing our cats out so as not to worry about that. They could get into a pack n play, too, if they wanted.
Cocoa Sashimi and ~Tanya~ like this.

August 6th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Cocoa Sashimi's Avatar Usually Lurking
Robin and Robyn nailed it. You get much more versatility with the Pack n Play, and it will be useful for much longer.

August 6th, 2012, 01:13 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
I'd get the pack-n- play because you will get so much use out of it!! Once baby outgrows the newborn napper, you can use the bottom part of the pack-n-play for traveling, or to put baby in while you are cleaning or something. Def get that one
August 6th, 2012, 02:55 PM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How about this? It's about $70 cheaper and you still get the benefits of the more expensive pack-n-play. Baby will only use the napper portion for a couple months anyway.

Amazon.com: Graco Pack 'N Play Playard with Reversible Napper and Changer, Roman: Baby

August 6th, 2012, 03:35 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was actually looking at that one to start with but the drop in shelves on the other one is really the main reason i actually decided to consider a pack n play over the rocker. with where im at right now i think the extra storage would be really useful.

August 6th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I might have to grab that one Michelle.

August 6th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
Pack in Play def. You can use it for so much longer.
August 6th, 2012, 04:01 PM
turtlefly's Avatar Veteran
the pack n play, thats what im getting, not the same one tho

August 6th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the other ladies... The pack n play is probably the better option, but like Robyn mentioned the cats can still get in there too, so you will probably have to keep them out of the room.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

August 6th, 2012, 05:29 PM
I too am kind of torn between the two styles. I did buy the sleeper.

As another posted there is the reversible napper/changer option which I saw in person. To me that was nothing to compare to the separate napper and sleeper individually. The individual napper was plush and to me the reversible one was hard and plastic feeling (not the exact one you posted on the separate).

Two weeks ago Target had the separate one online marked down to $120 and I hesitated before ordering and it sold out. Oddly right after their Black Friday in July sale was over it was back for the full $160+ which made me wonder if the % off wasn't supposed to apply to sale so they marked it out of stock?

I guess my point being, if you are watching the budget and not set on that print there may be an option for a sale (which is what I am hoping for in a neutral).
newserenity likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search