High Risk Mamas: When will you quit working?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MarlowesMum

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2012, 12:26 PM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
Had to already think about that today. Since I work in a salon out of my home and have to already consider my schedule that far out. Already posted greatly reduced hours in October and stopping work starting the first of November. The doctor already told me to have someone planned to stay with me just in case I go like my other pregnancies and have preterm labor around 32 weeks.

Anyone else know when they are quitting work? Or will you wait until doctor's orders?
August 6th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a sahm now so my job will never end lol but with dd she dropped at 28 weeks and by 30 I couldn't stand long enough to do my cashier job. I think it really depend on why you are high risk. Im already on bedrest(or as much as I can be). It will also depend on how you are feeling/what the dr thinks

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

August 6th, 2012, 01:23 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am supposed to be on bed rest but it is not happening with 3 kids at home. Since Im a SAHM I don't have to worry about taking off of work so that is a relief. With 1&2 I was put on half days at 28 weeks and had to stop working at 32.

August 7th, 2012, 01:44 AM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Ummm...5 weeks I work a heavy duty job in a cheese factory and I've had 3 m/cs plus, I can't be on meds while pg and can't work when not on meds so I go out as soon as I know I'm pg. Everyone does at my work because they don't allow restricted work or light-duty so it's a forced disability....works for me! Besides, it's LONG hours, literally lay accross a bar balancing only on my lower belly when cheese gets stuck in the dicer(all the dang time!), and I had horrid morning sickness...still have it now and then(yesterday my blood vessels in both of my eyes busted AGAIN!). I honestly don't know how some of you do it! Especially nurses and people on their feet all day...ugh!
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 7th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It sucks, but I don't know any different! (I'm a night shift respiratory therapist on my feet 12 hours at a time). I did it with my last one two, and he was two weeks late!

Daffney

August 7th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've got just 2 weeks left at work. As a matter of fact my replacement starts today for me to train (!!!). I am supposed to go on modified bedrest at 24 weeks but will actually be working until 25 weeks to get a full paycheck for my last check. Don't know how the whole modified rest thing will go with an almost 3 year old and an 18 month old.
August 7th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Super - Mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I will go on mat leave at 32 weeks.
August 7th, 2012, 01:49 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Geez Rebecca...I can't think of a worse job than to work at a cheese factory with morning sickness. Well, maybe a poop factory. That might be worse.

Glad to hear that all you ladies are going to be enjoying your time off soon! (Well, except for you SAHM's...you never get time off.)
Gripstress likes this.

August 7th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I am high risk but a stay at home mummy. DH will take paternity leave a bit earlier if I end up needing him more towards the end or baby comes early but I am thankful to not have to worry about work as I would have had to been off at like 12 weeks which I doubt most works would have been too happy with.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
August 7th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Lol Maggie...it's pretty stinky! It's mostly parmesan cheese but some cheddar, asiago, and romano. Our plant also makes cottage cheese and sour cream and whey powder(a by-product of cheese). It can be so stinky and the chemicals are so harsh! It's kraft foods (and Knudsen's), btw.

Kelly-Bedrest is bad enough without young kids...it's going to be hard to resist getting up for sure!

Don't know how you guys work pg...ugh.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 8th, 2012, 11:00 AM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
my only fear is when I am put on very restrictive bedrest and I have noone to help me. With two other kids and me HAVING to be in bed not moving except for getting to the bathroom. I still have no idea who is going to be in our home watching my kids for me. Praying something works out! Crossing fingers I don't go into early labor like usual....
August 8th, 2012, 04:39 PM
MEG282's Avatar Soon to be Mommy of 2!
I am thinking of going out the week before I am due unless told otherwise by my OBGYN! Good luck to you all on bedrest, I think I would go stir crazy!!!!!

Thank You for the BEAUTIFUL Siggy .:Shortcake:.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search