Shaving

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Gripstress
  • 1 Post By Crystalici0us4
  • 2 Post By hilhillrn
  • 1 Post By Crystalici0us4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
As I sit here and look at my legs.... I come to realize that lately I'm tending to care less if they are hair free.

Beforehand in pants I wouldn't care, but I couldn't bring myself to go out in public in shorts or capris without having a meeting with a razor.

Anyone else in the same boat?

August 6th, 2012, 04:13 PM
ash29nc's Avatar Super Mommy
Yep have gotten super lazy in that dept me an the razor meet bout once a week

August 6th, 2012, 04:15 PM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am with you right now, I really don't care. It is getting harder and harder to bend down to shave! I told DH I need one of those shower chairs or benches.

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

August 6th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
I'm always lazy in that dept but it definately kicks in more when I'm pregnant. It's especially bad later in pregnancy when you have to hold your breath to reach the ankles lol I'm already blind-shaving the lady-parts...poor (crappy) midwife gets to find the strays lol
IamVillanueva and mlc52811 like this.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 6th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Crystalici0us4's Avatar Aubree Lynn's Mommy<3<3
I am surprisingly still shaving just as much, if not more than I used to. My hair is growing a lot faster now, and stubble drives me insane! I'm usually the type of person that normally doesn't wear shorts, no matter how hot it is outside, but since becoming pregnant, I cant handle the heat at all! I haven't owned a pair of shorts since I was a kid, until this summer. With it being so hot, I broke down & bought several pairs of cute shorts from Walmart. I hate stubble & I refuse to leave the house wearing shorts with stubbles on my legs. Thankfully, my baby bump isn't too big as of right now, so shaving my legs hasn't been an issue thankfully, since I have been having to shave them every other day. Now, shaving "down there" is a different story. I can no longer see my hoo-ha, and Mike refuses to lend me his shaving services. I think he is afraid of cutting me accidently, which is a possibility, since I like to be completely bare. & that area has to be done EVERYDAY or it gets way too stubbly (for some reason, my hair in that area seems to grow a lot faster than anywhere else). I have been trying my best to get everything down there, I think I'm doing an ok job, but I'm planning on getting a mirror to help me see what I'm doing.
IamVillanueva likes this.
August 6th, 2012, 05:32 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Shaving the girly parts blind is definatey an issue. I'm just glad DH and I still cant DTD so I don't have to worry about it as much. My legs are starting to be a problem now. I will be so glad when fall/winter are here so I can wear pants and just not shave until appt days. BTW I realized earlier I can no longer see my toes. I wonder how long ago that happened.

August 6th, 2012, 05:40 PM
KarenHaley's Avatar Veteran
I used to shave almost everyday - but now that I don't have a man around, and being pregnant.. I would say a few weeks have gone by at some point and I didn't even realize it! I'm not one to wear shorts so no one else knows, haha.

August 6th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been like this for awhile now lol...luckly I'm on bedrest so I don't leave the house enough for it to matter

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

August 6th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Meant to add earlier, I have shaved my legs more lately because I have this stupid thing going on with my legs and one of the bruise things is all accross my ankle so having stubble makes it actually irritated(when the stubble catches on things). I have shaved just that spot in an emergency type situation.
August 6th, 2012, 08:25 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
My shaving has been stopping at my knee except like one day a week I'll shave my knee. I had issues shaving my knee before, I really do now that my balance is off a little and harder to see.
But DH will make comments sometimes so I cant totally slack off.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
August 6th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been shaving about the same. It's hard to shave the bikini line already, though, I have to "lift" my belly up to reach, lol!
Becky_78 and Gripstress like this.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)
and NUMBER4! (due 7/4/2015)

August 6th, 2012, 08:32 PM
You wanna know what's REALLY been annoying me when it comes to shaving? My armpits!! It used to be that I only had to shave them 1-2 times a week, sometimes I could go longer without shaving them. Up until recently, I've always had little hair growth there. Now, I have to shave them everyday. If I skip even a day of shaving, it feels like someone glued sandpaper under my arms. Now a days..it seems like one day of hair growth = what used to be about a weeks worth of hair growth. As I stated several times in my last post, I cannot stand stubble! ONE part of my body I used to shave often was actually my arms (weird I know, most people don't shave their arms but I just don't like hair anywhere on my body unless its on my head lol). I have been pretty lazy when it comes to shaving my arms lately. I haven't shaved them in months. Miraculously, unlike the hair growth on the rest of my body, my arms aren't really that bad. The hair isn't thick or dark at all, like if I went that long without shaving my legs or armpits, I would definitely have man-hairy legs & pits lol

Last edited by Crystalici0us4; August 6th, 2012 at 08:34 PM.
August 7th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Crystal---probably a combo of the hormones and pre-natals. I get hair in all kinds of funky places when pg. The older ladies can probably attest to this too. I get weird "feathers" on my tummy(white tufts of hair like things like feathers starting to grow! lol) and the occasional stray on a nipple...ewww! I search and destroy those ASAP!

My SIL is very hairy and when she had her kids she got all kinds of funky new hair...fortunately it usually goes away a while after giving birth. It was gross though, she would breastfeed and you could see the poor kid had hairs in his mouth! TMI lol

My dh shaves his arms...funny guy. He does it for his tattoos...makes them look fresh and they are quite old.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 7th, 2012, 06:42 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm with Crystal. This is the number one reason why I'm ecstatic that fall is around the corner. (Ok...I may exaggerate a tiny bit. I'm also thrilled because of the decreasing heat index, and the proximity of fall to DECEMBER!)

Luckily, after 9 years of marriage and 16 years together, DH is over his aversion to hairy legs. Lucky him...that is; because I'd be slacking off regardless come winter time. A big belly just gives me a better excuse.
August 7th, 2012, 07:03 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was shaving more because of all the hair coming in until this morning. I decided my back hurts too bad and it's getting too hard to reach! My girly parts are really suffering bad. Gah!

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
August 7th, 2012, 09:28 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can go a week or so without shaving my legs but the girly bits will drive me crazy if I don't shave them every day or at least every other day. It's starting to get hard to do though but I'll keep going until it's impossible. Itchy stubble drives me crazy!

August 7th, 2012, 10:23 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i shave my underarms everyday..... and legs and girly parts every other day..... as much as i hate shaving, i hate stubble more! although shaving the girly parts is interesting when they have long disappeared out of sight

August 7th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Rebecca, yeah I figured it was just a pregnancy thing. My belly hair is dark, not noticable unless you got your face right there, but noticable to me. I've also noticed a nipple hair here & there, I think its quite disgusting, so when I see one, it gets shaved! I hope that problem disappears after Aubree is born, along with the belly hair. When I went to the shore a few weeks ago, I guess from spending time at the beach, my belly hair lost its dark color. I guess it was the sun exposure? Now its turning dark again. Belly hair does go away after the baby is born, right?

Maggie, I also cant wait for fall! But its not because I don't want to shave. I just want December to get here ASAP. I cant wait to meet my little girl! I'm excited to hold her, feed her, burp her, give her baths, change her diaper, dress her up, EVERYTHING!! Am I weird cuz I cant wait to change diapers?.. lol..
Dhartanya likes this.

Last edited by Crystalici0us4; August 7th, 2012 at 02:05 PM.
August 7th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Momma_Mia's Avatar Super Mommy
funny that you bring this up....last night i had to bring a stool in the shower so i can sit down and shave...i typically slack off during the fall/winter months but i cant stand having hairy legs in shorts...drives me nuts. I was just wondering last night how i am going to be able to do my landscaping when i get much bigger, right now i can still shift my belly around and make it work...after 18 years together i am sure DH is not swayed one way or the other but i cant have LO coming out of a jungle...may just have to go with a close shave with an electric shaver to keep it short and skimp on the razor if i cant see it

Thank you Jaidynsmum

August 7th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
I've told SO that once I can't do it myself, he will have to shave my legs and lady bits for me lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search