Tuesday Talk

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are there some words and phrases that drive you nuts when people say them? What are they and what bugs you about them?

August 6th, 2012, 09:54 PM
3kids3cats's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lots of people say "I could care less" when what they mean is "I couldn't care less."
Silly things like that annoy me.
I also don't like when people swear too much. If you curse all the time, it takes the oomph out of the words. Plus I don't want to hear a bunch of bad words.
Also the word "puke" is probably my least favorite of all time.
BlndGrl8 and Belita like this.

August 6th, 2012, 10:26 PM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
Umm well, I really can't stand it when people my age here where I live say "swag" all the time. I just find it so annoying, or if anyone has heard of "YOLO" it's just :facepalm: pointless to me

And I really can't stand when my family starts going "Is it your hormones?" "You're getting big!" not a compliment sometimes!

Oh, and I think it's so funny when I hear someone say "shoot me an email" lol
Belita likes this.

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!

Last edited by GiaTortilla; August 6th, 2012 at 11:00 PM.
August 6th, 2012, 10:42 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh dear god im with you on swag, yolo, G, brah......... and anything in those category's.

Also I hate "just be thankfull your not........" or "it could always be worse" responses I mean come on I know I complain alot but seriously.

also the "actually its.... so and so and I" Im terrible at spelling grammar and punctuation but really no one says it like that anymore. Thats like walking around saying Im so gay every time your excited about something. Yes that's how it originally was its not anymore I suppose next we are all going to start curtsying in our hoop skirts (actually that would be kinda cool).
Belita likes this.

August 7th, 2012, 01:01 AM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate when people tell you to "relax" generally this makes me more irritated than I was before
~Tanya~, BabyLove23 and Belita like this.

[/url

August 7th, 2012, 03:13 AM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by anhoyle View Post
I hate when people tell you to "relax" generally this makes me more irritated than I was before
I was thinking that one too! Let me vent, don't blow it off!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
August 7th, 2012, 03:56 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
I hate when people say "irriguardless" It's not a freaking word and you sound like a moron! I don't get the "youth phrases" pointed out earlier in the thread (that makes me sound really really old, lol!)
Belita likes this.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

August 7th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
My DH has a tendency of saying words on purpose wrong to be funny and it's so annoying. His newest one is "you" but replace the "y" with a "j" so he is now saying "jou know" or "jou know what I'm saying" very annoying. I just want to take a bat and hit him over the head with it every time he says it.

August 7th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I live in PA dutch land and there are a bunch of butchered phrases that people say here. Like "I need to go home and leave the dogs out." It's "let" people!!! Then they say "Just let it there on the table" when it should be "leave". There are more things like that but those are the big ones. And everyone does it!

August 7th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
"that's/where's mines"

No, it isn't MINES it's mine - I hear this where I work & these are very educated people!

I could also go on for HOURS about all the teenage slang that I detest!
Belita likes this.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

August 7th, 2012, 07:21 AM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really really really hate the word "preggers"! It just sounds like a tween or early teenage girl talking to me. Also overuse of the words "awkward" and "epic"!

Oh thought of one more... when people say they bought something "offline" instead of "online".
Belita and mrs.wagner.10 like this.

Last edited by newserenity; August 7th, 2012 at 07:23 AM.
August 7th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne78 View Post
I live in PA dutch land and there are a bunch of butchered phrases that people say here. Like "I need to go home and leave the dogs out." It's "let" people!!! Then they say "Just let it there on the table" when it should be "leave". There are more things like that but those are the big ones. And everyone does it!
Haha I'm guilty of this! As well as the other pa classics 'yenz' and 'red up a room'

August 7th, 2012, 07:29 AM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by clm817 View Post
Haha I'm guilty of this! As well as the other pa classics 'yenz' and 'red up a room'
Is "Yenz" anything like "Youns" that they use here in TN? That one got to me for years when I moved here. Like, "Are youns (or you'ins) going to the bbq?" *insert banging head smiley here*

August 7th, 2012, 08:37 AM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my! I am so glad you started this!!

Preggo and Preggers are my biggest ones right now! I mean really HOW HARD is it to type or say the word pregnant?!
The teenage slang drives me batty as well.
Some people around here still use the word "Icebox". Its a dang freezer not a Icebox. You dont have to put ice in it anymore.
People who use hashtags on Facebook... Its facebook not twitter..
Also the new pics going around were you have to like for this reason or share for this reason. They bug me as well.
People who also put photos of them self's in inappropriate clothing on the internet and even wear it out in public.
There is so much that sets me off right now its crazy. I find my self more and more wishing I could either block people in real life or slap some one upside the head over the internet. Its odd I have such a short fuse I am never really like that. :/ Ok my miniature rant is over.

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!
August 7th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate "mines," too! The kids at the school I worked at said that all the time and I'd tell them "there is no such word as 'mines.'" (well, unless you're talking about the plural of mine as in a coal mine, but that was too much to get into that that time)

I hate the word "bump" in regards to a baby belly. I'll use it, but I really don't like it for some reason!

I also hate the word "bling." It's one thing I don't like about watching wedding shows now. So many girls just talk about wanting bling!

August 7th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by newserenity View Post
Is "Yenz" anything like "Youns" that they use here in TN? That one got to me for years when I moved here. Like, "Are youns (or you'ins) going to the bbq?" *insert banging head smiley here*
Yep! You hear people say 'hey yenz guys...' all the time. Instead of 'hey you guys...' or whatever.
newserenity likes this.

August 7th, 2012, 08:49 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.wagner.10 View Post
Also the new pics going around were you have to like for this reason or share for this reason.
Have any of your friends started sharing those infernal share if you worship the lord keep scrolling if you worship the devil pics............................... oh im sorry that I only share images that are actually entertaining and or meaningful to me. guess I really love

also seriously if your going to make an image to show your devotion to Christ....... MAKE IT A DECENT ONE

August 7th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, I HATE "YOLO" It's so stupid!!! It seems like the phrases and things kids say get more and more stupid as the years pass by!!

I also hate when people say LOL or JK after saying something super offensive or mean. I say "LOL" a LOT, but if you are gonna say something rude, don't act like you are joking about it!
whitehouse1 likes this.

August 7th, 2012, 08:55 AM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGurl View Post
Have any of your friends started sharing those infernal share if you worship the lord keep scrolling if you worship the devil pics............................... oh im sorry that I only share images that are actually entertaining and or meaningful to me. guess I really love

also seriously if your going to make an image to show your devotion to Christ....... MAKE IT A DECENT ONE
Its all of them!! I see those and the ones were its like share if you love your mom or pass if you hate her yada yada yada.. The ones were Facebook will donate a dollar for every like this photo gets.. Some of them are pretty horrible pics that are passed around I don't want to see that crap with my hormones all wacky as it is. The cat pics that have words on them there is one girl I went to school with who posts nothing but cat pics like that and she will post the same ones over and over because she shares so many of them. I ended up hiding all of her posts as well as some other friends of mine who do that.

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!
August 7th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a ton but one that is really annoying is "preggo." I seriously cannot stand this "word." Arghhh

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search