I wonder when he'll slow down... (BTDT moms)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2012, 09:31 PM
QueenBee_2012's Avatar Regular
My son is considered advanced. His gross motor skills are amazing. So I'm wondering when he'll slow down and in what area(s). I'm guessing speech since that's the most likely but then again will he walk when he's closer to one? Both?

So my question is for the BTDT moms with kids that were hitting milestones really early. Did your child have delays in other areas? If so, what areas?
August 6th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Alice started out slow, and really sped up. By one she had 15 words and told me when she needed to potty. Autism. Winter started fast and slowed down. She said her first word befor two months, rolled over exactly at three. But she is six months now, and a month behind Alice in sitting up alone all the time. Way behind in words! Alice had three of them at this point.

My sister's kids didn't walk till 2. All of them are unusually bright. They are really not normal smart.
August 7th, 2012, 04:57 AM
QueenBee_2012's Avatar Regular
Interesting! Thanks for sharing =).
August 7th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Every kid is different. You never know what they will do. But many times they excel in one area and may lag more in another. Their focus might be on motor skills or verbal, but maybe not both. Like dd was a motor skills baby. Ds focuses more on verbal and social interaction.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
August 8th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh and for the record, they never slow down. They do quite the opposite.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
August 8th, 2012, 11:44 PM
ASoldiersLuckyCharm's Avatar Three's A Charm <3
Send a message via ICQ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Yahoo to ASoldiersLuckyCharm Send a message via Skype™ to ASoldiersLuckyCharm
My oldest was slow on speech and took him forever to walk. It took Daddy going to JRTC for a month for him to walk a few days after he left. My daughter was waiting on daddy or so I say. She is always so close to doing something like crawling my husband came home for R&R she was 10 months old.. The day he got home she started to crawl.. He says he taught her. Then after coming home from that deployment she was close to walking.. She waited for ever my oldest pushed her down a lot when she tried to walk around 6 months old. So she was 15 months when she walked. Olivia has been doing stuff sooner than the two of my oldest.

all graphics made by Jackie at http://cutesypies.livejournal.com/ & http://blushfuls.com/ tell her Judy sent you
August 13th, 2012, 12:37 PM
BSandDsMommy's Avatar Mommy to three boys
My first two were crawling at 6/7 months and walking by 9/10 months and sitting unassisted by 5months they always hit milestones early, they never slow down in fact they bounce all day long non stop haha now D he is my lazy baby and I'm loving it lol most would be worried that he hasn't rolled but I do not care and know he will when he feels like it (I do work with him just has no interest) having three 29 months apart I'm fine with him taking his time lol

Baby girl due Dec. 2014

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 13th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My baby rolls proficiently, is exceptionally social, and likes to chatter all the time. She doesn't sit up or stand yet, but I think that she's pretty advanced.

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search