Thoughts, prayers and sunshine needed. (Baby is ok!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By mlc52811
  • 1 Post By Megan30
  • 1 Post By Wishinfor2ndblessing
  • 1 Post By gardenbelle
  • 1 Post By burnbot
  • 1 Post By anna.rose
  • 1 Post By MarlowesMum
  • 1 Post By Miss Kelly
  • 1 Post By Gripstress
  • 1 Post By helona

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Veteran
Hi ladies, I've been MIA more than usual this last week. Last Friday morning I took a tumble down the stairs. Only two to be exact but that was enough. Baby Boy is a-ok thank goodness, thanks in part to the way I fell I think but my feet took the hit. I have sprained my right ankle and broken two bones in my left foot. The ER doc gave me a robo-boot and crutches to add to my wardrobe and told me to take it easy, but not too easy because I need to keep the right foot moving. In two weeks time I will be feeling much better and probably able to ditch the crutches but not the boot. Great! (seriously, no sarcasm there. This was the best of a bad situation.)

Bad news. The radiologist called the next day and said 'Well, it's worse than we originally thought'. He called it a 'lisfranc' fracture and told me to Google it to help explain it. (Really?? Google? Has HE googled it?!) He told me absolutely no weight bearing on the left foot and to call an orthopedic surgeon on Monday. I promptly ran off (haha, not literally. ;p ) and hit google up for some info. I wish there was some sort of filter that you could just read all the necessary information that you need and stop at all the horror stories of 'life changing' injury and 'my foot will never be normal again!' and 'longest recovery EVER' stories. I was ticked that he told me to just look it up on the internet with no warning but on the other hand at least I know what to expect and anything different will only be good news.

I go from mad to sad to grateful and thankful that the baby is ok, to terrified that I am most likely facing surgery while pregnant and a long recovery, to frustrated and guilty that I need help to care for DD. Poor DD doesn't understand. She just wants to play 'Wee wee home!' with my toes. Back to grateful. I have an awesome DH and family. We have insurance. We have a baby on the way. My right ankle is feeling WAYYY better. A little stiff in the morning and some swelling at the end of the day but overall, pain free. Oddly, left foot is almost pain free too as long as I keep it in the boot when I'm up and around. (I take it out to ice it and that thing is H-O-T!) It hurt like a mother when I did it. Closest to blacking out as I have ever been. Maybe I did - I just kept telling myself not to so that I didn't freak out DH and DD who were 3 steps behind me. As if the sound that came out of my mouth (not from this world) didn't scare them. It will throb a little now and then but I expected it to be huge, swollen and black and blue and searing pain. It's not. Which is deceiving but I'll take it! I've never broken anything before!

Anyways, I'm in 'waiting' mode now. I called 2 orthopedic surgeons yesterday and will try a 3rd today. Monday mornings are apparently very busy. Whoever calls me back first, wins. Two of the three are coming highly recommended by friends. I would really like to go with one of them.

This is long! I guess I needed to vent a little too. I'm doing my best to stay positive but there are moments I need a little help. Right now I'm just hoping that either a) The radiologist is wrong and it's not lisfranc (Maybe?!!) or b) I will be one of the few with this kind of break that does not need surgery to put me back together.

I really just want to skip right to December and meet my Baby Boy that will never have a name. On the bright side, I will have some fab arms by the time he gets here!

August 7th, 2012, 09:02 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry you have to go through this, especially during pregnancy. Praying everything goes well! Keep us updated
helona likes this.

August 7th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Megan30's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! I'm so sorry! That must have been incredibly scary. I really hope you don't have to have surgery....you're in my thoughts.
helona likes this.
August 7th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Goodness.... So glad that the baby is ok, and for the most part so are you. I hope and pray that everything goes well, and that you will not need surgery. KUP
helona likes this.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 7th, 2012, 09:16 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, that is awful. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this and my only hope it that the surgery is scheduled quickly and you are on your way to recovery. Hugs!
helona likes this.

August 7th, 2012, 11:01 AM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! So sorry to hear that you are dealing with this. I like your attitude though. Very positive! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
helona likes this.

August 7th, 2012, 11:04 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! Yay for baby being okay though! You're in my thoughts and prayers! Darn stairs and center of balance being thrown off... Haha
helona likes this.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
August 7th, 2012, 11:53 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hang in there humpty dumpty...I'm sure you'll find an orthopod that can put you back together again. Of all the bad luck, though...who'd have thought that 2 steps and an ungainly belly could have created such a maniacal injury? Clearly, they ought to call this the "l'it'sfuhkd" injury.
helona likes this.
August 7th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Please take care of you! It'll be hard and scary and a lot to think about but know that there are many moms pulling for a quick recovery!!
helona likes this.

August 7th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Oh wow that sucks! I broke my foot before from jumping over someone and landing on the side wrong and it is so painful when it breaks. I can't even imagine going through all of that pregnant and with both feet messed up at the same time. Ouch! I hope you can get it over with and heal fast.
helona likes this.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 7th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Veteran
Thank you.

I heard from an office today and I have an appt tomorrow at 3:00.

Today I was a little calmer about it all. I'm hoping once dd and I get into a new routine - it won't be as frustrating. Now if I could get her to stop running off with my crutches
Gripstress likes this.

August 8th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Oh no! So glad baby is ok, but sorry you're having to go through this.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting a baby boy in February!

{Our family blog}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search