Update on the search for an OB :(

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By daffneyc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2012, 10:59 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I heard back from the clinic that told me they had a 6 month waiting list when I spoke to them a few months back. Since they are the only ones that accept Tricare I have no choice but to keep my fingers crossed that they will take me at some point. They are mailing me a release of information form which will take 2-3 days to get here then I have to sign it and mail it back to them (another 2-3) days. Once they get the form they will be faxing it to my current OB that will have to mail my records since they will not accept faxed ones and that will take at least 4 days once they get it in the mail. So just to get the records we are looking that I will be 25+ weeks. After they get the records they have a meeting with all of the doctors in the clinic to decide which one wants me and then if they determine that I am to high risk for them they will send me to a doctor that DOES NOT take my insurance. They have up to a month after they recieve my records to have the meeting. So that puts me at 30'ish weeks plus I have an appt 6hrs away next thursday and would have one more before they made a decision.

August 7th, 2012, 11:05 AM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AHHH!! How aggravating!! I really hope they take you! It would be awful to be stuck somewhere that doesn't take your insurance. I don't have insurance so I know all about how much it is costing us right now. So it looks like you are going to have to make that 6hr drive next week huh?? No fun!! I will be keeping my fingers crossed that they take you!!!

August 7th, 2012, 11:09 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ARG! I'm sorry mama! Why is this so darn ridiculous? You'd think more offices took tricare.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
August 7th, 2012, 12:03 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Completely off topic, Crystal, but I thought of another name for you!

Evander

I saw it in a book that I was reading today. (He was a greek King.) And thought...HEY! Isn't Crystal looking for an E name? I could be completely off base...my memory is not what it used to be. In such case, disregard my completely inane and offtopic post.

August 7th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Oh man that is not cool...our government taking care of families at it's finest. Sorry you are dealing with this!

Burn, that sucks not having insurance. I have insurance but our deductible is so high we are paying all out of pocket. It won't kick in unless we need extra care like NICU or something. And it will start over in January so my IUD will be at cost also. Ugh...
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 7th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Veteran
What a pain in the behind. I'm sorry you have to go through all of that. You must live somewhere pretty remote? Sounds like another really long drive coming up. One designed to increase your blood pressure.
Kristy
August 8th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh man....I can't believe how many people don't take tri care. It's ridiculous. I'm sorry
Gripstress likes this.

Daffney

August 8th, 2012, 03:48 AM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Seems like Tri-care would pay out-of-network if your dr is more than 30 miles away or so but only charge you in-network. Alot of insurance works that way if no dr. is available close by. This is for pregnancy, not a surgery where you'd need to go to Standford or something...Geez. Also, where would you deliver when the time comes if you still have this dr? Would your dr. travel to you? Or do you drive 3 hours in labor? Come on...this is BS.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 8th, 2012, 08:56 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If I went into labor and had to deliver at a out-of-network hospital they would pay 40% with no write off and the rest would be on me. There are about 8 different types of Tricare for different branches, different activation status and retired. I have tricare for retired dependents since DH was medically retired when he was disabled in Iraq. We actually live in one of the biggest parts of Arkansas and when I search online I can find about 4 clinics that say they accept Tricare but they don't state which type. When I call Tricare they are not in the system as accepting the type I have. I guess they don't expect the family member of a retired person to have babies. It's part of their system that needs to be changed since so many young OIF and OEF Veterans are being retired. I had the HR and Genetic Counsleor send them information from my appt that said they do not recomend me driving more than 30 minutes for appts but they denied the request to pay in-network for an out-of-network provider. I am ready to pull my hair out. This appt I will be able to take the kids with me for the drive since they are out of school still but the next one they will have to miss at least 2 days of school.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search