Back from mini Vacation...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We spent the weekend in California and even though I took my laptop I never actually had time to log on!

Very early Friday morning we got on a plane and flew to Oakland. We went with one of DH's single friends who was also going to be a groomsman in the wedding we were going to. (This guy is a little bit of a pain in my butt, but I won't get too much into that. Suffice it to say that DH bought his plane ticket when we booked ours and he still has not given us any money. Never mind that he actually makes more than DH.)

Anywho, starting a busy vacation on 2.5 hours of sleep is not the funnest. By the time we got there and got our rental car (which of course we had to pay for because PIA only had a debit card and not a credit card) and got into San Francisco we had no energy and a couple of hours to kill before we could check into our hotel. So we went and sat in a park. The grass and sun felt wonderful but of course I got sun burnt! Then we get back to the car and discover that PIA has parked us in an illegal spot and there's an $83 ticket on the windshield! I actually mostly like this guy but I got more than enough of him this weekend.

So we were finally able to check into our hotel and the good stuff started. PIA dropped us off and we had the evening to ourselves. We stayed at The Palace, which is fabulous! And we wandered around window shopping, buying chocolates and people watching for a while. Then we had a great dinner in the bar, which DH was all excited about because they had a great big Maxfield Parrish mural. Then in the morning we had a wonderful breakfast in their old dining room that is just amazing.

We drove about 5 hours down south, got the guys' tuxes and got checked in to our less than impressive hotel in Pismo... then we had the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. Day of the wedding not fun for me cuz the guys had to be there early for getting ready and pictures. So I did lots of sitting around by myself. The wedding itself was very nice and they had a lovely dinner and party afterward. I was so swollen by that night I couldn't believe it!

Next morning was back in the car and drive back to Oakland and then back on the plane. I was bummed because we didn't have time to go to the Hearst Castle like we planned and we didn't get to the beach at all! But we did what we were there to do...

Sigh... I'm just kind of bummed that our last real trip before the baby comes was this. I'd hoped it would be more of a baby moon. Oh well... maybe we'll have to try again for a quick weekend with just the two of us...

August 7th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry that it wasn't all that you hoped for! At least it was time together. I'd say absolutely take a weekend away for a last getaway. We have plenty of time yet

August 7th, 2012, 06:13 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad yall had a safe trip but sorry you and dh had to spend it with a sucky person. I hope you will get a chance to get away for a few days with your DH before the LO gets here.

August 8th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Haha I just got back from California, too! Bummer your trip didn't go as planned, but I agree, definitely take another babymoon even if it's just a short one with just the two of you!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting a baby boy in February!

{Our family blog}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search