My 20 (ish) week u/s....also, I let my husband live today :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I don't know if you remember but I had to reschedule my u/s because the office scheduled me when their tech was on vacation. It was today at 830. Everything looked great. She looked great, measuring right on and at about 12 oz. Wouldn't cooperate for that profile shot but of well...

I work literally across the street from the building my ob is in. I was talking to my husband Monday night and he asked me if I was going to come home and meet him before hand. I told him no, I was going to stay at the hospital and work on a project my boss has given me so I can get some extra hours (to build up more PTO) so I would just meet him at the appt. Well I show up there this morning about 25 after and he isn't there so I start calling. I call twice and then text him "Where are you at?". Ladies, he sent me a text that no joke said "I'm at home because you told me not to come". WHAT?!?!?!? I immediately could feel my face get hot and my eyes fill up and it was just everything in me not to fall apart. Why on EARTH would I tell him NOT to come? And if he thought that, I can't believe he just thought "OK" and hung up the phone?! Wouldn't you say something along the lines of why don't you want me there because I want to be there or what changed your mind from this week to the next? Apparently not...So I texted him back a very not nice text that I will not put on here. He called and I talked to him for 30 seconds, long enough to basically repeat what I said in the text but then got off the phone because it was 830. Ten minutes later the tech called me back to the room and started doing all the measurments and stuff. She said that she would let me look once she was done and as long as everything looked OK. After 15 minutes she was done and literally as she was turning the screen my husband came bursting in the room all sweat and panting and in his pajama bottoms. LOL. I honestly don't know how he made it as fast as he did, he must have flown. So he ended up getting to be there for the fun part which means he got to live It was divine intervention because she said her machine was acting up and it took her awhile to get it up and running, if we had started right on time he would have missed it. I still cannot believe he did that (seriously?!?!?! Just NOT coming?!?! Men are dumb) BUT I am glad he got to be there and see her. I get to see her all the time at work and he's only seen her twice and I know it helps things really sink in for him, seeing it all on screen. Here's a couple of pictures. Like I said, she wasn't terrible cooperative, but that's ok. In the end, I guess it's all a good story eh?

Daffney

August 8th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Lol...men! I would think after you crying last week that you couldn't get it done because he may/may not make it to the rescheduling that he'd understand he should be there. lol That is so a guy move. At least he ended up making it, pajamas and all, and you guys got to see your healthy baby girl Nice US pics...she's all girl
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 8th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
LOL what a story! I would be super frustrated about that, too. So glad he made it in time, though!

August 8th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
That is deffinately a story there.... So glad he got to make it....

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 8th, 2012, 06:28 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
#@$(@#$ FRANK!!!!

I totally get your frustration here. I mean it all worked out, right? But still..
They hate it when we treat them like morons...but then sometimes they REALLY act like morons. Case in point. Sometimes you just want to shake these men...

Okay...moving on. What beautiful little girlie parts - Daffney! And I thought MY u/s photo was clearly all girl.

August 8th, 2012, 06:31 AM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my, hey at least he made it!!! Cute pics too!

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

August 8th, 2012, 06:33 AM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow sounds like you had a bit of an emotional roller coaster ride. lol I bet you were happy to see him burst through that door. At least he got there. Men can be dumb but we love them anyway.

August 8th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Honest to god, I love my husband and he is one of the smartest people I've ever met. He's an attorney and just one of those delicate geniousy types. But the guy has zero common sense. LOL. I'm not so mad anymore, but if I spend to much time thinking about it I will be. It was definently one those moments where I couldn't decide if I was happy to see him or wanted to strangle him.

Daffney

August 8th, 2012, 08:03 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG, what is up with the dudes? I can totally picture John doing something like that too. (head shaking)
GREAT to hear that all is well with your little princess.
August 8th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, Im glad he made it at least!! Glad you both got to see her

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
August 8th, 2012, 09:13 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He could have at least broke the door down carrying flowers and a big box of chocolates I'm glad he made it and that your little girl looks great. It's definately a story for the baby book.

August 8th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hehe... definitely a guy move! Glad it all worked out ok and things are good with your little girl!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search