Confessional

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2012, 12:58 PM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
He will outgrow it, Beth, and then she'll enter it lol. My 11 year old drives me crazy sometimes too.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

August 17th, 2012, 02:15 PM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
My step mom is so annoying. She is always telling me how green she is and how to be more environamentlally conscious and then I go to her house and she has like a thousand styrofoam cups hypocrite!
August 18th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Veteran
I miss my family (not the in-laws) it's our new year today and they're a 24 hour plane ride away.

Responsibilities dictate we cannot go back to visit this year, but still....

I guess I'm just having a sad day today...
August 19th, 2012, 10:47 AM
.Katie.
Blending a family is HARD.

Loving a child that isn't yours is HARD.

Watching children being ripped from home to home is HARD.

While neither of us regret our kids or the marriages that created them, we both have regrets surrounding the relationships that founded our ex marriages and the HUGE incompatibilities/red flags we both saw before marrying them. So while I can be mad all I want at Chloe's mom, or the girls Dad when it comes to behaviors in the girls, at the end of the day the fault still weighs heavily on our/my own past actions/decisions (or lack there of).

Chloe is coming back in a couple of weeks after being at her moms all summer. I am not looking forward to the first few weeks at all. Whenever she comes back she is such a rag to everyone and keeping up with her drama is exhausting. And she's only 8!!! Please God I hope it gets better and this isn't an indication of the hell to come.
August 19th, 2012, 06:35 PM
SingingMama's Avatar So Blessed...
I think my husband is making us become hoarders...really...
ub33422 likes this.
August 20th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Veteran
This is just an expansion of the post I did on Monday Moans & Marvels -

DH's sister lives 10 minutes away (about 10 blocks away) DH's parents live about 40 minutes away - amount of help (as in can someone watch the baby for a few hours so bla bla bla can get done) we get from them combined - ZILCH.

My sister who lives in Malaysia came over for 1 month and helped out like crazy. My other sister who lives in California came out for 1.5 weeks and helped out like crazy too. Mind you - DH has only 1 sister - who's seen the baby a total of 3 times since April.

His parents - every. single. time. we ask can you help? - they go - oh not this week / oh not now maybe when she's older. Seriously? Do you think I will let my child near you if you can't even spare the few hours we need to get sanity back?

I'm just pissed overall since DH's family is behaving like fair weather friends rather than family, and as much as I love my sisters and all, having them come over to help out is quite the financial burden on them...

Right now, I'm tempted to pull the - no you can't come over today, we've got plans. Or, no, we're not coming over for dinner on Sunday coz we've got plans.
H-e-l-l I've got plans for the next 2 to 7 months at this point.

I don't know. I'm not a spiteful person by any means, but this is getting to me. DH can't sleep at night coz he's worried sick about stuff and I'm worried about him getting sleep, then we both get up coz Sofia's fussing so we're on a vicious no sleep cycle.

Here's to hoping my sister can help out some (again) she's coming over from CA on Thursday with her daughter (who LOVES to play / torture our dog).
August 21st, 2012, 04:34 AM
Clutch's Avatar First Timer
I don't like my MIL.

DH's parents are divorced. Christmas is set up on this rotation: My Parents & MIL together one year (since they live in the same city), then DH's Dad the next year. This year we should be spending Christmas with DH's Dad. But MIL is insisting that she has the right to have our daughter at her house on her first Christmas. No visiting my parents is allowed -- they're not allowed to see their grandchild on Christmas -- DH's Dad can't see his grandchild -- it's all about HER. For some odd reason DH agreed to it!

Aside from taking over Christmas, she complains that we don't bring our daughter over to visit her often enough. She lives three hours away. I'm working overtime, DH was laid off and is unemployed, we're financially hurting -- while she's 62 and sitting around her house all day with nothing to do. We invite her to our house all the time on weekends and during the week, but she won't come because she believes WE have to do all the traveling. We can't afford to travel out there very often (round trip gas is $100!). And even if we could afford it, I'm exhausted and need to rest on the weekends.

When we DO visit her, all she does is complain and turn everything negative. She makes a "To Do" list for DH to complete -- things like "install this new ceiling fan that I bought for this room which already has a ceiling fan" or "install this kitchen faucet that I got to replace the one that you installed for me last month" -- crap like that. While he's gone doing her chores and I'm left alone with her, she finds some way to attack me emotionally. Every time we visit, I leave feeling like I've been beaten and I just want to cry.

She's manipulative and makes DH feel guilty all the time. I'm afraid that when DD is old enough, she'll be manipulative with her too, and that really makes me scared and angry. Even though it hasn't happened yet I'm ready to attack her for it.

I know it's wrong to wish that someone would just die of a heart attack, but ... yeah.
August 21st, 2012, 06:07 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMama View Post
I think my husband is making us become hoarders...really...
That's no good.
August 21st, 2012, 08:04 AM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
My husband is so lazy! Drives me crazy! Don't get me wrong, he works hard at his job, he'll probably make amazing grades for school (he started yesterday) but when he is home, he is the laziest SOB ever. I just put his school books (400 dollars for them) on the shelf cause he left them on the floor. I also had to pick up his dang tablet cause that was on the floor too. But to put his books on the book shelf, I had to take a pair of his sleep pants off the dang shelf. How hard is it to put your clothes in the laundry basket? I'm sitting at the table in the dining room and on the floor next to me is a pair of his short and boxers FTL! How do you expect our son to do things like pick up after himself if you don't do it yourself, but I'm not suppose to pick up after Brandon but I have to do it for DH? Heck no! This is an ongoing issue, and every once in awhile I have to vent over it or I would be tempted to whack him over the head with the iron skillet when he walks in the door. UGH!

Add on! And I'm searching for card making stuff and it's so darn difficult because he would just shove stuff in boxes while I was pregnant to clean the house and put them all in the basement. I just spent 10 minutes searching for something in the basement, looking through boxes and while I didn't find it, he is darn lucky I found something to substitute it instead. I'm really hating him right now!

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

Last edited by shanirah; August 21st, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
August 21st, 2012, 10:20 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
I don't like my MIL.

DH's parents are divorced. Christmas is set up on this rotation: My Parents & MIL together one year (since they live in the same city), then DH's Dad the next year. This year we should be spending Christmas with DH's Dad. But MIL is insisting that she has the right to have our daughter at her house on her first Christmas. No visiting my parents is allowed -- they're not allowed to see their grandchild on Christmas -- DH's Dad can't see his grandchild -- it's all about HER. For some odd reason DH agreed to it!

Aside from taking over Christmas, she complains that we don't bring our daughter over to visit her often enough. She lives three hours away. I'm working overtime, DH was laid off and is unemployed, we're financially hurting -- while she's 62 and sitting around her house all day with nothing to do. We invite her to our house all the time on weekends and during the week, but she won't come because she believes WE have to do all the traveling. We can't afford to travel out there very often (round trip gas is $100!). And even if we could afford it, I'm exhausted and need to rest on the weekends.

When we DO visit her, all she does is complain and turn everything negative. She makes a "To Do" list for DH to complete -- things like "install this new ceiling fan that I bought for this room which already has a ceiling fan" or "install this kitchen faucet that I got to replace the one that you installed for me last month" -- crap like that. While he's gone doing her chores and I'm left alone with her, she finds some way to attack me emotionally. Every time we visit, I leave feeling like I've been beaten and I just want to cry.

She's manipulative and makes DH feel guilty all the time. I'm afraid that when DD is old enough, she'll be manipulative with her too, and that really makes me scared and angry. Even though it hasn't happened yet I'm ready to attack her for it.

I know it's wrong to wish that someone would just die of a heart attack, but ... yeah.
Instead of death, you could just tell her to stop. Don't allow yourself to be bullied. Your husband is a grown man and can deal with whatever guilt he'll accept, but you shouldn't let her get to you.

Anyone who does not treat me with respect is not allowed to talk to me. I either tell them to stop talking until they can be respectful or I leave the room. Regardless, I don't tolerate it. Your daughter will learn by example. She won't learn to stand up for herself if you're not standing up for yourself.

I'm not saying you have to be rude or mean. It's possible to be tactful and still get your point across. Just my two cents.
JenJen3574, shanirah and Clutch like this.
August 21st, 2012, 03:03 PM
squishyhomie's Avatar whee.
lazy, unapprecative boyfriend who goes out 24/7

he also hasn't bathed the baby in the four and one half months he's been around.
he doesn't change diapers or get up with him.
& if i go take a shower, he doesn't play with him, only lets him cry in his excersaucer.

we actually went swimming at the lake with some friends, and i was trying to get the baby settled down so i could go take a dip, while i just finished feeding the baby, him and his friends decided that we should leave because they're bored.

he said "just set the baby down and go then"
he didn't offer to hold him once, or help feed him while i cooled off.

just an example of how very selfish he is.

Our First Baby
Nicholas Anthony Sanders

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search