Gamers?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By lil duckies mama
  • 1 Post By adi&co.
  • 1 Post By missm0011
  • 2 Post By TnPhotoMama81
  • 1 Post By adi&co.
  • 1 Post By shanirah
  • 1 Post By ub33422
  • 1 Post By shanirah
  • 1 Post By Clutch

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Do we have any gamers in here?

If so, do you play board games, video games or role playing games?
What are your favorites?
August 8th, 2012, 07:33 AM
lil duckies mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Me...well not so much now as I don't have time. But we own every system made.

My husband and I met playing final fantasy 11 while 2500 miles away

I like s little of everything..
Shadeauxe likes this.

Thank you Claire1979!
August 8th, 2012, 08:10 AM
adi&co.
i don't mind playng video games. it's usually something mario related if I play. I'd rather do a puzzle though.
Shadeauxe likes this.
August 8th, 2012, 08:47 AM
I like puzzles, but I seem to forget that they are an entertainment option even though I own a bunch of them that I haven't done.
August 8th, 2012, 10:33 AM
missm0011's Avatar Super Mommy
I play a lot of pc games. Right now I'm playing Secondlife, WoW, and Star Wars: The Old Republic. I used to play the sims, but that's when taking care of other peoples needs was fun and novel.

We also play board games whenever we have family or friends over. Usually something different every time. Although I get extra excited when someone brings trivial pursuit.
Shadeauxe likes this.

August 8th, 2012, 10:35 AM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
If so, do you play board games, video games or role playing games?
What are your favorites?

We used to have a game night every friday night with friends but it is so hard to keep up with doing that..then jeremy started working late friday nights so now we just try to when we know our friends have an off day.

We love pictionary and risk.

Sometimes we play the wii, xbox or snes. My husband plays more than I do. He isn't obsessed with games though and only plays a certain amount of time. He doesn't let it consume his life thank goodness.
Shadeauxe and adi&co. like this.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
August 8th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I play just about everything. I am a super nerd.

I own over 150 board games and have a gaming group that I get together with almost every week.

We play D&D every other Friday night. I'm not much of a role player so much as killing monsters is fun.

For console games, I play mostly the XboX 360, but own the Wii and PS3. My favorite games to play by myself are Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, LA Noire, Fallout, and other rpg style shooters.

With my son, I play the LEGO game (love them!) and we just started Skylanders, which isn't very challenging for me, but it's fun to have a game I can play co-op with my son.
August 8th, 2012, 11:06 AM
adi&co.
we love pictionary! especially when you get big groups

and skylanders is a fave here too
Shadeauxe likes this.
August 8th, 2012, 02:42 PM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
The more I know about you Courtney, the more I like ya!

We play WoW here, we love board games and we are currently working on new characters for a new campaign for our D&D group. We finished our last campaign right before I had Amelia and we took the summer of as our players are all military and one would be in the field and then get out and then the other would go to the field and then Bob had his 2 weeks of guard duty. Playing this month is still hit and miss, but I think we are gonna try and get together in a few weeks to play. We got together (most of us) last Friday to make characters. What are you playing? I'm rocking a gnome psion this time. I was playing an Elvish Monk our last campaign. Sadly I don't like most video games, I use the Wii more for watching Netflix then gaming, but i do have some games on my tablet that keep me occupied. I do like to break out the guitars and play some Rockband and Guitar Hero though!
Shadeauxe likes this.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

August 8th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Veteran
Umm... gamer fail here...

I can't play anything that's 1st person shooter... gives me a headache.. I rock at Trivial pursuit, suck at pictionary (coz I can't draw) but am a rock star at guitar hero and some aspects of band hero

DH on the other hand is obsessed right now with Modern Warfare - he said something today about getting Black Ops 2.
Shadeauxe likes this.
August 9th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanirah View Post
The more I know about you Courtney, the more I like ya!

We play WoW here, we love board games and we are currently working on new characters for a new campaign for our D&D group. We finished our last campaign right before I had Amelia and we took the summer of as our players are all military and one would be in the field and then get out and then the other would go to the field and then Bob had his 2 weeks of guard duty. Playing this month is still hit and miss, but I think we are gonna try and get together in a few weeks to play. We got together (most of us) last Friday to make characters. What are you playing? I'm rocking a gnome psion this time. I was playing an Elvish Monk our last campaign. Sadly I don't like most video games, I use the Wii more for watching Netflix then gaming, but i do have some games on my tablet that keep me occupied. I do like to break out the guitars and play some Rockband and Guitar Hero though!
We play Pathfinder. I have a human monk character that I created back in 2005/06 (as D&D 3.5). The campaigns have come and gone and I've had to level her and de-level her to match the group several times. We've finally been playing consistently and have managed to get to level 11. Our DM/GM just makes up whatever for the week. It's kind of loosey goosey, but it's fun.

I do love the singing games. I am too uncoordinated to play the guitars or drums. I never have anyone to play with me though and sitting in the family room, alone, singing to my TV paints a pretty pathetic picture in my mind, so I don't do it.

I played WoW for the first three years it was out and then had to break away to reclaim my life. It was awesome though and I do miss it sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
we love pictionary! especially when you get big groups

and skylanders is a fave here too
This was my favorite when I was younger. My best friend and I had some sort of drawing psychic connection that used to piss everyone off. I'd draw a few lines and she'd shout, "Porcupine!" which would be correct. We dominated. /flex
August 9th, 2012, 08:40 AM
I don't play WoW all that much right now, my interest in it comes and goes in spurts. My DH is playing right now. we are into boardgames we can play with Brandon. Speaking of Brandon, I spent the first part of my labor with him playing Everquest (pre WoW days there) lol. I suck at Pictionary. Our gaming group in Texas would gather early and spend about an hour playing Rockband before we would start our D&D campaign for the night. My hubby goes and games once a week at a gaming store, sometimes it's D&D encounters and sometimes it's L5R. I like 3.5, our current group is doing 4.0. Bob keeps threatening to do a campaign that is AD&D. I told him he would sleep on the couch, I'm anti-THACO.
Shadeauxe likes this.

August 9th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Which board games do you play and how old is your son?
August 9th, 2012, 11:10 AM
He is 11. We play Life, Dicecapades, Sorry, and a few others. He loves Mariokart, my parents are getting him a 3DS for Christmas and my IL's are getting him Mariokart 7. We play Where's my Perry and Where's my Water on our tablets. We love Fluxx too. He likes those Lego games, but he lost the pieces to them, so we haven't gotten anymore, maybe sooner or later we will try again.

August 9th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I would suggest the game Pandemic and its expansion On the Brink as a board game for your family. It's co-op so you all win or lose together and it's challenging, but really run. basically, you're trying to cure diseases before they spread all over the world. I love it. The expansion makes the original game a LOT better.

Also, if you like zombies, Last Night on Earth is a lot of fun. It's a team game of zombies vs humans.
August 9th, 2012, 01:39 PM
We also play a game called Zombies, that is fun, you have to get to the helicopter and not get killed by zombies. It's a changing board game!

August 9th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I have that one, I think.
August 13th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Clutch's Avatar First Timer
I play Sims 3. My favorite part is building/decorating homes and buildings with special themes. I like the creativity part of it. The gameplay is fun sometimes, but really I like building things more.

Other than that, I like some of the Xbox Kinect games -- especially Adventures and Sports. Favorite sports are boxing (season 1) and skiing (season 2).
Shadeauxe likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search