DH and your labor

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2012, 04:57 PM
fairymommy's Avatar Super Mommy
How was your dh/so during your labor?
was he a 'see everything' or 'hide in the corner/pass out' kind of guy?
What did he do to support you?
Did he catch baby and/or cut the chord?
and of course...
did he cry when your lo arrived?
August 8th, 2012, 05:35 PM
mommyTTC3's Avatar Proud mom of 3 !! <3
How was your dh/so during your labor? He was a GREAT support My labor was so fast and furious and he was right by my side ! I got super hot at the end and he used the dialation board with all the circles on it that show the CM dialated you are to fan me and did that even though his arm was getting tired LOL
was he a 'see everything' or 'hide in the corner/pass out' kind of guy? He watched everything ! I only pushed through 3 contractions and he watched it all
What did he do to support you? He held my hand and coached me through each contraction . He told me I could do it when I kept saying I was done and wanted drugs (which I couldnt have cause I was at a 7 when I got to the hospital )
Did he catch baby and/or cut the chord? He helped the dr bring Chase to my chest and he did cut the cord !
and of course...
did he cry when your lo arrived? Yes he did <3

August 8th, 2012, 06:06 PM
maddy and tommy's mommy's Avatar Lovin my precious kiddos!
My labor was quick and I didn't have time for pain meds, so he did the best he could amidst my breathing and begging! He did cut the cord and neither of us cried because we were in such shock at how fast it all went!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!
August 8th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Veteran
How was your dh/so during your labor? Great. He was rubbing my back through contractions and tending to me. However, he almost missed the main event. He went to get coffee down the street and they checked me while he was gone. I was fully dialated so the dr came in and I was just about to push. He came running into the room just in time.
was he a 'see everything' or 'hide in the corner/pass out' kind of guy? He was all up in there. He held one of my legs.
What did he do to support you? Massaged me, counted while I was pushing, and gave encouraging words
Did he catch baby and/or cut the chord? Cut the cord
and of course...
did he cry when your lo arrived? No, but he was beaming with pride
August 8th, 2012, 06:58 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How was your dh/so during your labor? He was great!

Was he a 'see everything' or 'hide in the corner/pass out' kind of guy? Sort of in the middle. He didn't hide out in a corner, but he didn't stick his head in between my legs either

What did he do to support you? Nothing until the very end when he fed me ice water. I hate to be touched or talked to while I'm in labor so he just stood quietly by my side while I glared at him!

Did he catch baby and/or cut the chord? He cut the cord

and of course...
Did he cry when your lo arrived?
I think he was too busy worrying about me to cry himself because I was BAWLING!!

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

August 8th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
was he a 'see everything' or 'hide in the corner/pass out' kind of guy? He passed out in the corner. I was a bit peeved, but I guess at least he wasn't doing/saying things that were irritating me...
What did he do to support you? His form of support was by my request of just being there.
Did he catch baby and/or cut the chord? He wasn't given the chance. Since the nurse delivered the baby, she didn't ask/offer anything to him. She did it all and then they passed baby off to the warmer. If the OB would have made it I'm SURE it wouldn't have gone that way!
and of course...
Hehehe, Yes. He actually did. I was surprised. He almost cried when I had Oliver, but that was I believe out of sympathy for my pain. This time he knew what to expect and it was out of happiness when they said he had another boy. <3
August 9th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He was good. I told him he had to be supportive and couldn't do crosswords while I was in labor like he did with DD1. I did ask him to rub my back (back labor) several times before we went up to the birth center and he'd start and fall back asleep :grrr: but that was the worst!

was he a 'see everything' or 'hide in the corner/pass out' kind of guy? He saw everything. He didn't seem as phased this time. The first time I thought he'd pass out and he certainly hid in the corner. He was actively involved this time which is great!

He listened to me to drive faster, didn't stop to get gas because god forbid he didn't break the speed limit or stopped to get gas I would have had her in the car! He got DD set up with a movie in another room. I have no idea what he did while I was pushing, but it helped! LOL!

Did he catch baby and/or cut the chord? He cut the cord. I caught the baby (joys of water birth I just pulled baby to me)

and of course...
did he cry when your lo arrived? He ran and got DD1, screaming down the hall that sister was here! I didn't seem him cry, but he was super excited and I was in total shock and disbelief.

August 9th, 2012, 02:20 PM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
How was your dh/so during your labor? amazing

Was he a 'see everything' or 'hide in the corner/pass out' kind of guy?

He kinda likes to stay in the background until he feels I really need him, then he was doing everything from holding my legs back to helping me focus by telling/demanding me to look him in the eyes! It really did help me!

Just being there, and offering encouraging words.

Did he catch baby and/or cut the cord?
They let him cut the cord the 2nd time, since they cut it quick before he was born, since it was so tight around his neck.

and of course...

I don't even know! That's awful, I was too out of it bawling my eyes out & everything was so tense 'cuz he didn't breathe for awhile. I must ask him tonight. If nething he probably had a tear or two.
August 9th, 2012, 09:51 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH really wanted to watch the whole thing over the drape. He wanted to see my insides, lol. Unfortunately he never got to be present because I had to be put under. So...in a way, neither of us really got to experience her birth. I didn't really labor either and I had already spent some time mentally preparing myself for a section, so I didn't feel like I needed a ton of support. I just needed him to be there. He was most helpful after when I was recovering, wheeling me down to the NICU, getting me food outside the hospital, etc.

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
August 10th, 2012, 10:08 AM
fairymommy's Avatar Super Mommy
How was your dh/so during your labor? --so amazing and calm

was he a 'see everything' or 'hide in the corner/pass out' kind of guy? --we both thought he would be a hide in the corner kinda guy, but when it all happened he saw everything! Same as Kat, not head between the legs but he had a clear view from where he was standing at my side.

What did he do to support you? --Made sure I had cold water and ice chips all the time. He rubbed my back between each contraction and during each contraction he whipped around and sat in front of me as I leaned onto his shoulders. He might have said encouraging things but I don't know..I was so in my own world

Did he catch baby and/or cut the chord? --He cut the chord and was amazed it wasn't as gross as he thought it would be! lol

and of course...
did he cry when your lo arrived? --I saw him wiping away a few tears
August 10th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar praying 4 just 1 more
How was your dh/so during your labor? quiet,attentive also had my sister there.

was he a 'see everything' or 'hide in the corner/pass out' kind of guy? he later told me that he would not look at the happenings of c section, i guess looked at me, but he did see when my obg pulled our daughter out of my tummy quickly....

What did he do to support you? he was there, i think he grabbed my hand and kissed my cheek and said something...i was so focused on daughter being healthy that everything else was pretty much a blurr.....

Did he catch baby and/or cut the chord? no and i am sure he is a little sad about this....since she was born on 36wks i dont think they were going to take any chances incase she was not healthy...but she was very very very healthy.

and of course...
did he cry when your lo arrived? i think he told me that he cried.....I had bucket and bucket of tears pouring out of my own eyes...probally another reason that i do not remember play by play of my hubby and sister's emotions.
August 10th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Well_Okay's Avatar Super Mommy
He was great, he was quiet when I needed him to be and stayed right by my side. (looking terribly worried most of the time)

was he a 'see everything' or 'hide in the corner/pass out' kind of guy?
I told him if he looked down there i would bite him, he didn't even try. He stood right beside me trying to encourage me

Stayed quiet during contractions. I seriously could not handle trying to listen to anyone while I was in pain. He also held my hand and reminded me I really could get through it without the epi and I did.

Did he catch baby and/or cut the chord?
Nope. The cord was kind of tight around his neck so the Dr cut it.

and of course...
He teared up a little, yes. And he kept getting the nurse's way because he wanted to be close to the baby

Mommy to DS 9 and DD 8. Happily Married to my best friend
Nikolai born July 18, 2012
“Because,' she said, 'when you're scared but you still do it anyway, that's brave.”
― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search