Newborn picture outfit ideas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2012, 07:40 PM
~l~
I am planning to get pics taken within two weeks of baby's arrival and I would like her to wear some of those cute hats or other cute newborn prop/outfit things. Has anyone seen anything for sale online you would mind sharing? Or has anyone bought anything yet that you wouldn't mind showing off?
August 8th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Kaniscooo's Avatar Super Mommy
etsy has a tonn to choose from, but usually if you find a photographer that does a lot of newborn shoots they will have props like those of their own.

newborn photo prop on Etsy, a global handmade and vintage marketplace.
Think4Yourself likes this.

August 8th, 2012, 07:49 PM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby Pics For Cole

Heres a link were I have all my baby stuff/ pics I want to use for cole.

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!
August 8th, 2012, 08:08 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Who ya going with? Honestly, most photographers have hats/headbands/props on hand. Unless there is something special, there's no need. Etsy is a great place though for newborn hats/headbands.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

August 8th, 2012, 08:09 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Two words: Etsy and Pinterest

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
August 8th, 2012, 08:09 PM
But I did buy this hat for William's session:
http://gap.fashionstylist.com/gap-kn...ant-hat-v.html

August 8th, 2012, 08:14 PM
meddleman's Avatar Loving my girls!!!!
My friend makes some, check out On Heather's Hook on FB. She is doing a 30% sale right now and has some awesome stuff!!
August 8th, 2012, 08:14 PM
~l~
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatherineD View Post
Who ya going with? Honestly, most photographers have hats/headbands/props on hand. Unless there is something special, there's no need. Etsy is a great place though for newborn hats/headbands.
Hahaha! I don't know yet.... I know this one girl, but she might be busy

Thanks for sharing ladies....I rarely get on pinterest, but I looked at your page Bobbie Jo and the link to etsy from kansicoo, and I was almost in tears. I can't wait to see my baby girl in pics like those!
August 8th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amhk View Post
Hahaha! I don't know yet.... I know this one girl, but she might be busy

lol, just a tad! I have recommendations though. I wish I could!

August 8th, 2012, 08:29 PM
~l~
Quote:
lol, just a tad! I have recommendations though. I wish I could!
I figured

Send me your recommendations, please!!!!
August 8th, 2012, 08:44 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
Quote:
But I did buy this hat for William's session:
http://gap.fashionstylist.com/gap-kn...ant-hat-v.html
i bought the GAP Bear from this collection lol! great minds think alike!!!.. i wanted to get the elephant SOOO bad but they didnt have it in newborn .. then there was a giraffe, but eh..

i can make my own, but with 2 kids, its just such a hassle for me lol.. the hobby turned into a chore! i used to sell though so that could be why it got so tiring.. i rather just buy now, and etsy is where i'd go, but like i just said GAP usually has some cute animal knitted hats like Katherine just posted
August 8th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
FYI bobbi, and others... just remember this picture is a COMPOSITE, the baby is not really IN a vase, and NEVER EVER EVER let any photographer put your baby into any sort of glass bowls, vases or anything glass period for that matter!!!!!! these things cracked & have broke leaving injured babies very badly!

Kaniscooo likes this.
August 8th, 2012, 08:55 PM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .h00dihoo.this. View Post
FYI bobbi, and others... just remember this picture is a COMPOSITE, the baby is not really IN a vase, and NEVER EVER EVER let any photographer put your baby into any sort of glass bowls, vases or anything glass period for that matter!!!!!! these things cracked & have broke leaving injured babies very badly!

I kinda figured that was the case. I was going to have her do a LOT of photo shop to do most of them that I was iffy about

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!
August 9th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .h00dihoo.this. View Post

A-freaking-men!!! If I see this with any of your newborns I will most definitely have something to say about it!! It is not safe or cute and any parent that allows this deserves to have their head examined. This particular photographer keeps doing it because parents keep requesting it and has actually JOKED about these vases cracking/breaking on her.

I also don't care for hanging baby/stork type shots. Never seen a baby that looked comfortable doing it and I absolutely refuse to do it with my clients (OMG if my insurance company knew I was doing that, I'm sure they would drop me!). Head in hands & hanging baby (as well as when I do baby in a hat/helmet) should be done as a composite and I always have a parent help with the head in the hands shot and they are always right there with any basket shot as an additional spotter.

Oh Natasha, this photographer does NOT do composites with this image. Not one bit. She has been called out and refuses to stop doing it or to do it as a composite. She really does stick those babies in glass jars of candy And there are so many copy cats out there who do this.
.h00dihoo.this. likes this.

Last edited by KatherineD; August 9th, 2012 at 08:00 AM.
August 9th, 2012, 06:22 AM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had izzy's newborn pics done in the hospital, and then Christmas photos in Target.
I could not get over the amount of props Target had made for newborns.
This is one of my favorites. The box she was in made to cradle an infant. Then the Santa hands, that's my husband.

Belita, Almondeyes and kristap4 like this.

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
August 9th, 2012, 06:57 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm hoping to get this owl hat soon! It matched her nursery colors / theme, and I want to have a large picture made to hang above her dresser.
Belita likes this.

August 9th, 2012, 09:14 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
^Love!!!! I ordered one for Eli from Etsy last fall! So cute!

Here is a pic of Eli's owl hat:

ETA: Sorry if the size is weird! Posting from my phone!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
August 9th, 2012, 09:32 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sweet! I love it, Kelli!!

August 9th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm having a friend make a panda hat for Sean to wear in one of this newborn photos so I can hang a large print of it in the nursery, too!! Great minds think alike, Angie!!

She's making it to look similar to this:
mollymalone likes this.

August 12th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
A-freaking-men!!! If I see this with any of your newborns I will most definitely have something to say about it!! It is not safe or cute and any parent that allows this deserves to have their head examined. This particular photographer keeps doing it because parents keep requesting it and has actually JOKED about these vases cracking/breaking on her.

I also don't care for hanging baby/stork type shots. Never seen a baby that looked comfortable doing it and I absolutely refuse to do it with my clients (OMG if my insurance company knew I was doing that, I'm sure they would drop me!). Head in hands & hanging baby (as well as when I do baby in a hat/helmet) should be done as a composite and I always have a parent help with the head in the hands shot and they are always right there with any basket shot as an additional spotter.

Oh Natasha, this photographer does NOT do composites with this image. Not one bit. She has been called out and refuses to stop doing it or to do it as a composite. She really does stick those babies in glass jars of candy And there are so many copy cats out there who do this.
i THOUGHT she was the douche bottle who doesn't use composites, but wasnt sure! but I remember that big ol ordeal, but wasnt 100% if she was the moron!..

but other SMART, common sense, photographers would not do this!!

my baby's holding up their own heads are always a composite, or if the baby actually does it on their own mama's hands are there around the head, which is still a composite really as i have to edit their hands out. I've never done the hanging baby ordeal, i do think SOME are cute, but there is actually a composite to it, i would never actually hang a baby lol.. but ive never tried to do it as im just not interested in it really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
I'm having a friend make a panda hat for Sean to wear in one of this newborn photos so I can hang a large print of it in the nursery, too!! Great minds think alike, Angie!!

She's making it to look similar to this:
dam stereotype LOL asian baby wearing a panda hat!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search