Not STTN

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2012, 07:52 AM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who else has a baby who is still not sleeping through the night? This mama is still exhausted...Evan goes to sleep around 9PM (working on making it 8:30), but he wakes up between 4-6AM every morning to nurse before going back to sleep until 7:30 or 8AM.

I'm getting anxious about it, because I start work in a couple weeks and will have to wake up at 5:15 (ugh). If he wakes up at 4:30 to nurse, there won't be enough time for me to fall back asleep, so my days are going to start at 4:30.

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

August 9th, 2012, 08:19 AM
HubbysSweetheart's Avatar Little Jo married Laurie!
My little girl has no schedule whatsoever.... at night. Day time is fairly routine unless something weird happens.

She will give me a few nights where she'll STTN 9-6 and I will be singing and thinking there's hope...... And then for no reason I can figure out she'll wake up a 1am 3:30am and I wake up and feed her at 6 so she'll sleep past 8. This is the schedule she's on now.

The only downfall to her sleeping 9-6 is that she wants to get up at 7:30..... she is a VERY high demand baby i.e colic/acid reflux and requires alot of interaction/attention/stimulation to keep happy and sleeping well i.e. DRAMA QUEEN.

My favorite schedule she kept was when she slept 9-4:30 and then ate again at 6:30..... I got up after she ate at 6:30 and had some peace and quiet 'me time' till somewhere around 8-8:30...... but it didn't last.

Feel your pain!..... the only thing that's keeping Me sane it that I don't have to work... Really hope your little one starts STTN before you have to return to work!!! GL!

August 9th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I think that is sleeping through the night. It's considered that if they go for at least 5 hours. This is exactly what Winter does. Goes to bed at 9, wakes exactly at 6 to nurse. I nurse in bed so I can go back to sleep. Then we'll sleep till around 8:30. I can understand that you get tired, though, especially if you're like me and stay up till midnight for some quiet time!

My first didn't STTN till she was 14 months. She was awake every 2 hours for over a year. One day I just decided to withhold the boob juice at night. No matter how many times she woke up, nothing to eat. The next night, slept 10 hours! After that she'd wake up maybe once around 6 AM like Winter. She stopped waking up altogether when she was weaned at 19 months. Then it was 12 hours of sleep at night, one 2 hour nap during the day. ♥

I'd nurse the baby if she woke up at a peculiar hour still. Once she hits a year, my boob is no longer a paci at night.
August 9th, 2012, 11:38 AM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Claire has always been an excellent sleeper up until a week ago and now she's decided she's too cool to sleep lol. I'm hoping it's just a phase. That being said, she has only STTN a few times in her life. She usually always woke up once for a feeding and then fell right back asleep. That didn't bother me at all. Now she fights sleep like crazy. Wakes up 2 or 3 times and fights going back to sleep. Grrr. I'm reading the No Cry Sleep Solution right now and it's really good and hopefully I can get some tips on how to help her sleep a bit better.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

August 9th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She's not STTN most nights either. She'll usually wake up between 1-3 times. However, since we co sleep I don't really mind much as I hardly wake up. Hope he starts STTN before you go back to work!

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 9th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I wish you lived closer, because I think Robby and Evan are on the same track and we could all be bffs, lol! Robby goes to bed at 8:30 after a meal, and sleeps until about 4 or 4:30. I'm super concerned, too, because I have to go back to work in a week and I'll have to get up at 4:45. If he keeps getting up at 4, I'm going to be soooo tired! But I think Arwen is right - this is sttn!! The only thing I can think of is to get him up to eat earlier -- like at 1 or 2 am -- so he'll stay asleep until it's time for him to get up anyway; I haven't decided if that's what I'm going to do yet, though. I'm not sure it would really be good for him. But having a zombie for a mom wouldn't be good, either....

August 9th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Veteran
Wow I would take any of your babies sleep patterns any night!!!! My LO is EBF and has NEVER STTN. He goes to bed at 8 and is up at least 5 times a night. He wakes up at approx 10, 12, 2 am, 4 am, 6 am to nurse and gets up around 7 or 8. Last night he woke up at 10, 12, 1, 2, 3, and at 4 I put him in the bed with me. We don't fully co-sleep but I usually pit him in the bed with me around 4 or 5 am. I am completely exhausted!!!!! I'm not currently working but I am desperately looking for a job!
August 9th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
^ Robby was waking up at 12 every night and I quit feeding him at that time and instead just gave him his pacifier and patted his back and turned on the mobile. After just one night, he quit waking up at that time; maybe you should try skipping just the first feeding and see if your LO sleeps through it! I feel for you!

August 9th, 2012, 11:39 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Idk. Rhydian sleeps from 8-9 to 5-6 am. I consider it sttn since it's a solid 9 hours of sleep. He eats when he wakes up and goes back to sleep until 9 ish.

What do you consider sttn if you don't think he's doing it now?

Last edited by RandE; August 9th, 2012 at 11:44 PM.
August 10th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I think only 6ish hours counts as sttn, but I don't know who made up that definition! Ugh. Anyway. Dd was a horrible sleeper. She woke about ever three hours and never really sttn consistently until we moved the crib out of the room at 14 months. She's two and still wakes up maybe once a week. Ugh.

Ds has always been a pretty good sleeper. He goes through cycles. For a little while he would sleep from 10p to 10a! But I think dh wakes him up when he leaves for work. Ds is a very light sleeper. But now he has gotten into the habit of waking around 7 and we snuggle back in bed together and sometimes he will sleep until 10ish, but usually until at least 8:30. The last couple of nights he has been waking up at 1:00a. I think I am going through hormone changes and he is feeling it too because I am also having an unusually hard time sleeping. But any time he learns a new trick he wakes up more.

I went through the whole "god I hope she doesn't wake up like two hours before my alarm goes off" thing too with dd when I was working. Not fun. Especially when it is the third or fourth time you woke up. Maybe you and your dh could take shifts when the baby does that?

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
August 10th, 2012, 12:18 PM
it took my son 3 months to finally start sleeping through the night, so these past 2 months have been great. then teething came along and hes up every so often around 6am.
August 10th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsnmommy2011 View Post
Wow I would take any of your babies sleep patterns any night!!!! My LO is EBF and has NEVER STTN. He goes to bed at 8 and is up at least 5 times a night. He wakes up at approx 10, 12, 2 am, 4 am, 6 am to nurse and gets up around 7 or 8. Last night he woke up at 10, 12, 1, 2, 3, and at 4 I put him in the bed with me. We don't fully co-sleep but I usually pit him in the bed with me around 4 or 5 am. I am completely exhausted!!!!! I'm not currently working but I am desperately looking for a job!
Oh, that is my first child all over! I trained her some by just patting her back to sleep as well. Alice also slept a TON during the day. Does yours do that?
August 18th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Super Mommy
Ryne sleeps from 11pm (I know it's horrible he will NOT go to sleep any earlier and he doesn't hardly nap during the day even! He wakes up around 1am and again at 4 or 5am. Then sleep until 8am. I'm still working on having him sleep in the crib. He freaks out if he wakes up in it. I'm not very persistent and I need to be.
August 20th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
Oh, that is my first child all over! I trained her some by just patting her back to sleep as well. Alice also slept a TON during the day. Does yours do that?
No he actually doesn't. He takes a 30 min nap in the morning and a 30 minute nap in the afternoon. The only way he'll sleep longer is if I lay down with him.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search