Silly questions

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Girl IS my name

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2012, 01:44 PM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone been asked a silly (=stupid) question about their baby? I sometimes take Evan and his 2-year-old brother to the mall in their double stroller, and twice in the past month, I've been asked, "Are they twins?" Ummm...a baby + a toddler = NOT twins. LOL

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

August 9th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL We haven't been asked anything that crazy but the other day DH was home alone w/ DD while I was running some errands. We were picked randomly to participate in a study the state is doing on child development and the woman just showed up at our house. DH invited her in and and she asked "So, is the mother still in the picture?" I thought that was kind of weird. Apparently a dad and baby home alone = the mother abandoned them...

August 9th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know about silly questions so much as questions that annoy me. Even then, I dunno that they would annoy a "normal" person. I hate when I pick her up from daycare and they ask things like "Did you know she has a scratch/bite/etc on her?" (she and I currently have mosquito bites) Of course I know that she has those things. I literally see every inch of her body, every single day. I guess some mothers don't pay attention or something and daycare workers are required to point these things out? It's just ludicrous to me that a mother wouldn't notice a big red welt on their baby's hand...
HubbysSweetheart likes this.

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
August 10th, 2012, 09:06 AM
HubbysSweetheart's Avatar Little Jo married Laurie!
The only annoying thing that has happened to us.... our first so this may happen to everyone... She will be decked out in pink or wearing a dress and they'll ask, "How old is he?" or some question... referring to her as a him. Really???? Sometime's I wonder Does she really look That much like a boy?

But lots of people also tell us how beautiful She is so I take this to heart.

A baby and toddler Twins?? Now That is strange!!!

August 10th, 2012, 01:05 PM
They do that to us all the time. I think it's a reflection on society as to how they value boys more than girls, even here. I don't think they value them more consciously, but that's kinda what especially older people have been taught. I'm gonna walk around calling little boys "she." Hahahahaha!

August 10th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was talking to someone else with a baby girl and she said that her daughter always got called a boy too. I haven't really gotten that though. In German there is a pet name for baby boys "Bub" but not one for girls. I've always wondered if it's because they favor (or at least used to favor) baby boys.

August 10th, 2012, 01:39 PM
yeah they think my boy is a little girl because hes so cute. he has a mohawk and wears pretty much all skull stuff. like really? lol
August 10th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Girl McD's Mommy View Post
I don't know about silly questions so much as questions that annoy me. Even then, I dunno that they would annoy a "normal" person. I hate when I pick her up from daycare and they ask things like "Did you know she has a scratch/bite/etc on her?" (she and I currently have mosquito bites) Of course I know that she has those things. I literally see every inch of her body, every single day. I guess some mothers don't pay attention or something and daycare workers are required to point these things out? It's just ludicrous to me that a mother wouldn't notice a big red welt on their baby's hand...
I used to volunteer in a daycare center, and we had to write down every mark that came in on a kid at the start of the day so that we wouldn't get blamed for something that happened outside our care; they're probably pointing it out so you won't have a chance to sue them, lol!

It's funny people keep getting their babies called the wrong gender; I've had several people ask me what gender he is. I think he looks like a boy through and through, and I never dress him in neutral colors anymore, so I think it's a dumb question, lol!

August 10th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Jay View Post
I used to volunteer in a daycare center, and we had to write down every mark that came in on a kid at the start of the day so that we wouldn't get blamed for something that happened outside our care; they're probably pointing it out so you won't have a chance to sue them, lol!
I'm sure you're right. It just irritates me that irresponsible parents have made it to where day cares have to assume we're ALL that way.

August 10th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Yeah, the only silliness for us was wrong gender as well. I never correct the people. It's usually a man, and his wife corrects him. I correct her and tell her, "No, he's correct. Our boy is wearing this pink dress because he was born gay." Sometimes they laugh, others we just get really nasty looks. lol

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
August 10th, 2012, 05:34 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was in a restaurant with Claire when she was barely 4 months old. This woman came up and started commenting about her. She said she was cute and the usual stuff and then asked how many teeth she had. She looked shocked when I told her none and said "4 months old and not a single tooth?!". She then asked if she was saying any words yet. I said no, she's too little and she told me I should buy a phonics program for her lol. I guess she thought Claire was really behind

I've had two people ask if Claire was a boy or a girl. I keep her decked out in pink and she usually wears bows so it's pretty obvious. I've never understood why people can't tell the difference. Most baby clothes are very gender specific and I can usually always tell at first glance whether a baby is a boy or a girl by what they're wearing. If I can't tell or if it's iffy I don't say anything or just say "what a beautiful baby" or something generic and not bring up gender. I really don't know why some people can't seem to figure it out.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search