Those were the days.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spyctre

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I love my children, but you know what I miss? Picking up and driving to the city at the drop of a hat. Walking around the mall for several hours and then going to see a movie just because we feel like it. Eating out wherever and drinking whenever. I desperately need a date day, but I'm boobies. I think I'm going to start planning my hubby's and my weaning celebration. Just a little over a year to go. *sigh*
HubbysSweetheart likes this.
August 10th, 2012, 08:26 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha! I'm right there with you. I love breastfeeding but it would be soooo nice to be able to leave for an entire day and not have to think about my boobs. Even if she would take a bottle and someone else could keep her for me, I would still have to pump.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

August 11th, 2012, 03:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree! I love her to death but I too find that I appreciate just being with DH so much more now. DH and I have been out alone exactly once since DD was born. It was 2 days after we got home from the hosp. and my midwife told me I needed to go to the OB for an u/s because my ute was too high. Real romantic. We didn't want to bring baby so my MIL watched her.

August 11th, 2012, 08:06 AM
HubbysSweetheart's Avatar Little Jo married Laurie!
Hear, Hear.... Hubby and I have only gotten away once for just 2 hrs as well. I have only gotten a break myself 3 times.... our little date included... between feedings. Wouldn't trade breastfeeding for anything but sometimes it can really limit things.

Hubby totally doesn't even hear our little girl cry at night anymore cause with me being 'the source' he never had to get up. For no reason.... like what's he gonna do, sit there and keep me company while I feed? Then we'd both be shot... this annoys me.

This is why I'm REALLY wanting to get our little girl so she can take formula a time or two.... oh for a date night!!!

August 11th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I miss the freedom, too. We have been on date nights and tomorrow we are even going to do a motorcycle ride together, but we used to spend whole entire days away, and now the time is limited or else my boobs threaten to explode. The worst part is that DH honestly does not understand this and always gets so aggravated when I tell him my limit is 7 hours between pumps/feedings! I don't think he'd like to bring the pump on the motorcycle though, lol.

August 12th, 2012, 01:13 PM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, yes, I miss doing whatever I want whenever I want. I can't even pick up a book and read any time of day anymore. Nor can I get away for more than an hour or two, because Evan won't take a bottle. Boo.

Like some of you, I am looking forward to the day, hopefully this fall, when I don't have to worry about my boobs anymore. LOL

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search