So I need to rant- Fair warning its going to be LONG..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By fireflyluna13
  • 1 Post By Country928
  • 1 Post By .h00dihoo.this.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2012, 10:27 AM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry in advance. As everyone here knows I volunteer for our local shelter and do adoptions days and what not. If you are on my facebook I am sure you have seen my rage mode that I went into the other day about spaying and neutering your pets because of the over population we have right now. As of right now we have 87 dogs and 40 cats and 15 kittens in our shelter. Animal Control is full and the sad fact is they only give the dogs a 5 day period to be claimed by the owner or they are put to sleep. We are so full we can not pull any of the dogs from A.C. I hate hate hate the guy who works at A.C. I know its just a job to him but how in the world can he sleep at night knowing he does what he does for his job? Well anyways I was contacted yesterday about a dog in Tulsa Ok 3.5-4 hours away from were I am. Here is a example of the stupid BS i put up with on a daily basis..

Amber- he's not teenie but he aint big. he's roughly the size of a border collie with short corse hair, a sweet dissposition. i have zeeero money to feed this dog he needs to go tomorrow asap. please if someone can take him to a shelter for me we'd both be greatful. apt managment LIED to me. said they called animal controll over 24 hrs ago then @ 8pm some neighbor kids bring him to my door saying they found him in empty apt with no food or water bowls in sight.
Bobbi-Jo- The shelter will KILL HIM they will not even give him a chance!! Put him on craigslist. Explain what happend a rescue may step up and either find him a foster home or a real home.
Bobbi-Jo-Look in your area for RESCUES not shelters or animal control! You will probably have to pay a intake fee at any of the places as it is.. Craigslist free to a good home
Amber i would rather him be put down than be picked up and used for fighting practice. but if someone wants to take him from me and put him on craigs list that's fine.
Bobbi-Jo-I wish you luck. I do not support killing innocent animals.
Amber-i mean. i cant use craigslist from my phone and i dont feel safe dealing with craigs list. if someone wants to take him from me and put him on craigs list that's fine
Amber-i dont suport killing animals ether but my means are severly limited
Amber-btw. this is not my animal. this is an animal that someone left to die on the streets
Terrie-Where is this dog? I can possibly take him.
Amber-midtown tulsa 51 area.
Amber -cant believe i am not able to find a single person willing to help this guy
Jessie -I have alot of people asking what he is
Amber-well at first i thought border collie & maybe a little pit. but now i'm thinking...border collie...pointer? he has black and white patches like a border but spots in the white like a pointer.
Sok-Looks like lab
Jessie-Sok you need him. He is beautiful!!!
Amber-is there anyone who can take him? it's fixing to get hot and i cant have him in the apartment. i cant get any organization to pick him up i am going to have to just let him back out on the street and i dont want to do that
Bobbi-Jo-If no one is going to step up for this dog the best thing to do is turn him back out. Some one will pick him up and give him his forever home. In the future if you can not take a dog for a week up to a year and commit to saving him. Leave him be so some one who would be able to help can pick him up.
Amber-well bobbie joe atleast i'm trying to do something for the animal . in the future if you want to potray yourself as an activist or animal lover how about getting off your high horse and do something insted of judging people for trying to do what you're not willing to.
Bobbi-Jo-Um mam, I am a volunteer at a local rescue were I live. I see this stuff every single day. I can NOT save every single animal. We have over 80+ dogs that we are feeding right now with NO donations what so ever. There is about 40 cats in the mix as well. I get phone calls every single day saying I found this dog brought him home and realized that I can not afford him and he needs vet care and I do not want to be bothered with the hassle of having this dog in my home. If you can not commit to the dog do not take it in. Simple. His forever home could have passed while he was in your house.
Bobbi-Jo -On top of ALL of that I live in Missouri. There is NO way I would be able to get off my "high" horse and come get this dog from you. I suggested you put him on craigslist and that was not good enough for you because it didn't move the dog fast enough. I never judged anyone. I told you what the shelter and animal control will do and what the better options are. You refused those and I refuse to help some one who thinks its better to kill a dog then to put him on CL.

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!

Last edited by mrs.wagner.10; August 11th, 2012 at 10:34 AM.
August 11th, 2012, 11:28 AM
fireflyluna13's Avatar Super Mommy
Um, mam....

Your last two paragraphs were priceless. Kudos to you for all you do to help the animals you can.
~Selena, mom to 3 boys: Alex 10, William 8. and Baby boy #3 Lukas Araya born 10/28/2012

Lukas was born with moderate to severe metopic craniosynostosis with trigonocephaly. Corrective surgery performed March 18, 2013. We are on the other side!!!
August 11th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks Selena! She keeps posting saying that im ignorant and what not. It takes two people to argue and Im NOT in it. LMAO! Her stories changed several times when talking to her. Like I said I cant save em all.

August 11th, 2012, 11:40 AM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's so nice of you to do what you can! How dare she act so careless!
People are jerks. Don't let her get to you.

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
August 11th, 2012, 12:03 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
it amazes me how ppl can act. that is just pitiful really I could not imagine having an animal And not doing everything possible to find a decent home for it. There are ppl I have down right refused to even respond to with the kittens because you can just tell they are these types. its just sad what is out there sometimes.

August 11th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow that makes me so sad! . She doesn't feel safe with CL but would rather the dog be put down? What a loser

It always really bothers me as well to see puppies and kittens being born when there are so many in the shelter that need homes first. When we went and adopted our cat they were just completely overflowing with cats and dogs. So sad,

August 11th, 2012, 12:12 PM

BAHAHAHAHA! I LOVE THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Calebs_Momma) View Post
Wow that makes me so sad! . She doesn't feel safe with CL but would rather the dog be put down? What a loser

It always really bothers me as well to see puppies and kittens being born when there are so many in the shelter that need homes first. When we went and adopted our cat they were just completely overflowing with cats and dogs. So sad,
I know! Its very very sad! :/ I see it every day and it kills me.

August 11th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
This makes me sad.
Some people are just plain out crazy. Its sad this lady would put the dog down before putting it on cl.

My family and I are the type of people that will take an animal in. All our animals have been resuces. I could never take them to be put to sleep if we couldnt care for them. I commit time to the spca because i know they need help. They hardly ever get donations and have a hard time taking in new animals.
mrs.wagner.10 likes this.
August 11th, 2012, 02:06 PM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you have to deal with that!

August 11th, 2012, 02:56 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I adopted one of my doggies through a local rescue group called Because of Mandy. They actually rescue the majority of their dogs out of Missouri. I wish there were more people who were willing to foster, and more rescue groups available for these innocent animals...

August 11th, 2012, 04:50 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
what a dildo! ... shes uncomfortable with CL yet she wants a stranger to come to hr house in the first place to get the dog, what's the difference.

then she says she can't use CL from her phone.. BS, i use it every day from my phone.

no one is going to use a collie mix for fighting either

it sounds like theres much more to her story than she wants to say!
Think4Yourself likes this.
August 11th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Wow, she sounds like a nut job. I found a stray in front of my parents house when I was in the process of moving to PA. It was a rottie/lab mix and she had run out into traffic and been hit. I took her to the emergency vet and paid $400 for this dog that I didn't even own. I did find the owner after words (guy who lived 4 houses down) and the jerk didn't want her back and didn't even offer to help cover the costs. It was not easy for me to keep her since I was moving and had my own dogs, but I dealt with it for a few months until I found a good shelter to work with who found her a home up here where I live now. She was literally adopted the day I took her there. They also knew that if she wasn't adopted, that I would take her back rather than let her be put down. I just don't get people and how they treat their animals. P.s. I cried my eyes out when I dropped her off too. They felt so bad for me that they took me in the back so I could see where she would be and know she was ok. I still tear up when I think about it. DH was firm though that we were not going to have 4 dogs in the house and she was a HUGE dog.

Last edited by Leanne78; August 11th, 2012 at 05:18 PM.
August 12th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That all just makes me so sad
I got my dog from a "good" breeder (who cares for her dogs and gives them good lives beyond breeding, and spends lots of time making sure each puppy goes to a good home... she spent hours talking to us before we brought Gem home. She also makes sure she only breeds healthy dogs and only works with one breed). I also got him neutered at 6-7 months.
But if I had to do it over, I'd rescue. We only have room for one dog in our lives right now, but when the time is right (yard, more room)... our second dog will come from a shelter.

August 12th, 2012, 06:02 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are doing such a great thing helping with adoptions and such. I volunteer with rescues here... its not easy.

But one thing I have to say (and those that work in rescues should know this) CL is the worst place to list a dog for FREE. If someone must list a dog on CL ask a fee!! Many times the free dogs will be used as BAIT dogs. (especially medium to large dogs, or any mixed pit). The dog is better euthanized than living the life of a bait dog or being tortured by a sicko.

People who don't neuter / spay their animals and/or buy puppies from CL (BACKYARD BREEDERS) only add to the overpopulation problem.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search