Very Scary Night- Warning - post might be upsetting for some mommies- update!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2012, 11:00 AM
kristiemarie518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh and I haven't dtd in like 2 months. It's uncomfortable for me. But last night one thing led to another and then we were dtd. When done, I rolled off and I hear the worst words ever. "uh, you're bleeding.". I freak. I rolled out of bed, saw the bright red blood on the sheets, and start gasping for air in full blown panic mode. I'm standing in the bathroom hunched over the sink with my hand between my legs. It was a lot of blood. Enough that some dripped on the floor. . I've spotted before but this was...I was sure that something was very wrong. Dh cleaned everything up as I just lay there.

I should have gone to l&d. I should have gone to the hospital. I don't know why I didn't.

Today there is still a little bit of bleeding. It's not as bright but it's red so there is some new. I don't have cramping, contractions or pain. Nmy placenta was last noted up high in front. I am 99% sure it is my cervix, not my uterus bleeding. I have discomfort when standing and since baby is so low I'm sure my cervix was injured and is causing all this nonsense.

I'm calling my dr first thing and getting in to see him tomorrow.

But has this happened to anyone?

I know you're all going to tell me to get my butt to the hospital but I don't think I need to now. Last night I should have. I'm not sure why I didn't. I hope I don't regret it.

Last edited by kristiemarie518; August 13th, 2012 at 04:40 PM.
August 12th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Heck ya I'm gonna tell ya to get to the hospital! Not cramping or contracting is a good sign, but still, I don't mess around with that stuff. I have heard of spotting from dtd, but if it's dripping.. idk I just wouldn't mess around with that even if it has slowed down.

I was contracting and cramping and I went in.. I knew they were gonna send me home but I went anyway. I was there for a couple hours, got reassurance, and was sent home. There's nothing wrong with going in for some reassurance if you don't know what's going on. Better to take extra precaution than not enough, yknow? I mean I'm sure with no contracting or cramping than you are okay, but If it were me I'd rather be sure..
SarahxSyanide likes this.

August 12th, 2012, 11:15 AM
NorthTXMomof3's Avatar Veteran
I agree. You can usually have spotting but youre dripping blood. I would go get checked out.
August 12th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
That's never happened to me. I'd go to the hospital. Is the baby still moving around like normal?

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

August 12th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ditto to the other ladies... Go in! It's always better to be on the safe side!

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

August 12th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really hope everything is okay. I would go in too just in case. I ditto the question Is baby moving around okay??
August 12th, 2012, 01:00 PM
~l~
Definitely get checked out!!! I am worried for you!
August 12th, 2012, 01:09 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd still go to the hospital even today. When you call your dr tomorrow, he will tell you to come in or go to l&d.... May as well go today instead of waiting in case there is a problem.

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
August 12th, 2012, 01:36 PM
3kids3cats's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ITA with the other ladies. You could have an issue with your placenta or it could be nothing...but you don't know if you don't go!

August 12th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the other ladies. Go in!! I hope everything is ok!

August 12th, 2012, 01:54 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
Yep. It may not be what you want to hear, but I would be at L&D. There is nothing wrong with making sure things are ok. Dripping blood doesn't sound like a cervix thing to me, personally.

I hope everything is fine, and you'll be in my thoughts. But...GO!!!
Caroline - November '12

August 12th, 2012, 02:19 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
Oh my goodness!!! Girl get yourself to the hospital!! You want to make sure everything is ok!! Even if everything is fine, at least you will have peace of mind. I went to the hospital for some light bleeding, but this would have really freaked me out. Go, go, go!!
August 12th, 2012, 02:45 PM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
That is far from normal. You need to go to L&D!

August 12th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Enceinte2012's Avatar Super Mommy
ditto everyone else. Get your butt to the hospital.

~*~Meghann~*~
Proud Mommy to Amber and Addyson

August 12th, 2012, 03:29 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
spotting is one thing, but bleeding is another.. id get checked out asap. since you arent a doctor, you can't diagnose what the problem is, only a doctor can do that
August 12th, 2012, 07:00 PM
kristiemarie518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I have an appt with my doc tomorrow since the bleeding stopped and I'm not in pain. I also realized that the reason it may have seemed so much is that he came in me. So that might be part of the dripping. Regardless it scared me and Ive basically been in bed all day waiting til appt tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

August 13th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Irene.C's Avatar Veteran
I had cervix bleeding at 5 and 8 weeks. It scared me so bad since I knew the stats were 50% chance of miscarriage for the 5 week one. I got it checked out and it was my cervix with the 8 week bleeding I didnt even bat an eye. For me the bleeding starts really heavy and then tapers off very quickly and I had a dot on the tp for a few days after. It sounds like its your cervix. If you have no pain or cramps and feel movement those are very good signs everything is fine but dr appt is needed to make sure.

August 13th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Cocoa Sashimi's Avatar Usually Lurking
I hope your appointment goes well today!

August 13th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Hope your appointment goes well. Since you said DTD has been really uncomfortable, I'm leaning towards it being an irritated cervix. Hope that is all it is hun!

August 13th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Derby Girl's Avatar Veteran
Please keep us updated! I'm sure it's just irritation, but ease your mind and call your dr.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search