how is it

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By .h00dihoo.this.
  • 1 Post By MomtoCarly&Sofia
  • 1 Post By Cocoa Sashimi
  • 1 Post By mrs.wagner.10
  • 3 Post By white.house

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2012, 05:42 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that some of these topics have over 100 views and only 6 responses?

August 12th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Right?!!!?!

August 12th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Mollyjayne's Avatar Super Mommy
Guilty.
I read a lot, but don't post a lot because I' only use my phone.

August 12th, 2012, 06:38 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
some people don't care to post, thats how lol

or if something was already said that a member would have said as well, no use in repeating a post.

then the fact that this board is public, lurkers read but don't post as well
kristiemarie518 likes this.
August 12th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Super Mommy
Sometimes I just read if it is a topic I can't relate to
August 12th, 2012, 07:03 PM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, sometimes I just don't have anything to add to the conversation, or it's something I know nothing about, so I just read it and move on. Other times, I'm in a hurry, so I'll read it, and come back later to respond.

August 12th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymalone
Yeah, sometimes I just don't have anything to add to the conversation, or it's something I know nothing about, so I just read it and move on. Other times, I'm in a hurry, so I'll read it, and come back later to respond.
This plus the lurker thing Natasha mentioned.

August 12th, 2012, 07:06 PM
BlndGrl8's Avatar Kaitlin & Cameron's Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymalone View Post

Plus I'm sure other due date clubs read our board. I know I read other DDC's boards and don't post.
August 12th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
This response is an example for me. For the most part, I agree with the above already and don't feel like I need to say "me too". But I read way more than I post for a variety of reasons.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

August 12th, 2012, 07:53 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I read some Topics and don't post because either what I would say has already been said, or I have no idea about the topic.
kristap4 likes this.

August 12th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Cocoa Sashimi's Avatar Usually Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlndGrl8 View Post

Plus I'm sure other due date clubs read our board. I know I read other DDC's boards and don't post.
::MummyToThree:: likes this.

August 12th, 2012, 08:25 PM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Or there is topics that are the same or close to the same and people dont want to post the same thing twice. There is also the fact that people post something and then come back several times to read reply's. Or they dont post at all and keep coming back to see what other people have said. I dont really find it to be a big issue. The board has died and all these games do not seem to be helping.. I think there actually may be to many that people cant keep up with.
whitehouse1 likes this.

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!
August 12th, 2012, 08:29 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lots of creepers out there!

August 12th, 2012, 08:32 PM
rachkel's Avatar Super Mommy
Sometimes I just read. It doesn't really bother me if I make a post and no one replies. It is what it is. No big deal. You have to remember that these are public boards, so anyone can read them. That may be another reason why responses are low.

I know Bobbi mention that the board has died. But you have to remember that we're in the middle/end of the summer. People are on vacation, big life events are happening.... the JM boards are low on the priority list for a lot of people. Including myself! And I don't do much lol. But spending time with my family, getting things ready for Oliver, talking with my husband, ect... those are all first. We may see things pick back up come September.

Visit my blog! Lots of health and fitness insights... including pregnancy!

www.HealthFitnessLove.wordpress.com

August 12th, 2012, 08:33 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Creepers
Lurkers
People don't have time to respond and then come back later
People come to read and don't want to reiterate other people's responses (like I am doing now)
Google searches can bring people to certain topics and people don't realize it is a "community" more than a Q&A forum
And not to mention EVERY time the poster or anyone else for that matter clicks into it it counts as a view (I know when I start a thread I check all the replies, so that's a handful of views right there)

LOTS of reasons... I don't think it's that big of a deal really.

ETA: This board is far from dead Go look at some of the PRs to see what dead is!
It always slows on the weekend and in the summer. People have kids at home and more stuff to do

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
August 12th, 2012, 09:51 PM
fireflyluna13's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't think the board is dead...you all here talking about it proves that it's not!!!lol

For me, I read everything but don't post a huge amount because JM is reeeaaaallllly slow to accept my posts and I'm impatient and lazy about typing. I go thru spurts where I put more effort ito the board. It's hard to juggle the board with kids, life, work, etc...
~Selena, mom to 3 boys: Alex 10, William 8. and Baby boy #3 Lukas Araya born 10/28/2012

Lukas was born with moderate to severe metopic craniosynostosis with trigonocephaly. Corrective surgery performed March 18, 2013. We are on the other side!!!
August 12th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Cocoa Sashimi's Avatar Usually Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachkel View Post
I know Bobbi mention that the board has died. But you have to remember that we're in the middle/end of the summer. People are on vacation, big life events are happening.... <snip> We may see things pick back up come September.
For those of us who are teachers, you may see a decline in our posting once the school year starts (August to September depending on location). I know that my posts in my first DDC dropped significantly once the school year was under way.

There will always be highs and lows with posting especially as we get into the weeks where we don't have ultrasounds, tests, non-routine appointments, etc. All seems to be normal part of being a DDC.

August 13th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Sometimes the question has already been answered and for me, personally, I don't always know the answer being a first timer. :/
August 13th, 2012, 09:39 AM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
I'm a keep it to myself kind of girl for the most part. If I don't think my response will make a difference to the conversation, I let it go. But I like to read just in case there is information that will make my life easier. Or sometimes, I just don't relate but I like to see what others are going through.

And this board isn't dead. Far from it.
Caroline - November '12

August 13th, 2012, 07:28 PM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
I know for me its hard with the kids being out of school and the issues that i have been having, so sometimes i just read and not post just to keep up with what is going on. In Sept, when the kids go back to school it will be easier for me to get on and post more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search