My surprise this am. W pics- Kinda well very sad.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2012, 02:01 PM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I wake up to a dog tied to my front door. Had to have been some one who knows I rescue pits. She wasn't there DH left for work I woke up a hour later to her trying to rip my front door off. For one she had been bred over and over and is way probably less then 2 years old. She is severally emaciated and is holding one of her back legs off the ground. I took her to the vet and he said the leg is not broken just dislocated but her muscles are deteriorating. He doesn't know how it happened but she appears to be a bait dog and that could have been how. We go back in two weeks to see what can be done for sure about the leg. There is a chance that she may be bred again. We will see in two weeks for sure if she is or not. Heres some of pics of this poor girl thats as sweet as can be. We need help with coming up with a name!

Her butt/hips

Top View

Gimp Leg

Laying on the couch

The collar that was on her

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!
August 13th, 2012, 02:13 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
she is beautiful so glad someone got her to a person willing to help. just from the pics and the story id go with some thing like faith/hope or chocolate/blue but i normally name my pets after their personality's.

August 13th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Derby Girl's Avatar Veteran
Oh wow that is so awesome of you. Not many people would help an animal in need, much less a pit. I love pits. They have a bad reputation for the wrong reasons. I donate alot to Noah's Ark Rescue in NC. They help lots of pits, especially bait dogs. They do reconstructive surgery and water theropy. Great group. Thanks so much for caring.
August 13th, 2012, 02:43 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor girl! People are just horrible. It's so sad how these animals were once treated. It's so nice of you to care for them.

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
August 13th, 2012, 02:50 PM
wild&free's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
so sad

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
August 13th, 2012, 02:56 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor girl! She has some bad looking legs/hips. Def needs to gain some muscle mass in her hind end. So glad she ended up with you instead of the alternative! We see so many pitbulls in our shelter, a dime a dozen these days.

She has gentle eyes.

How about Sadie, or Silver?

August 13th, 2012, 04:16 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
she looks like a lab.. poor thing

August 13th, 2012, 04:51 PM
kristiemarie518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope.

She's a Hope.

She spent each miserable moment of her life hoping for love and peace and she found you.

August 13th, 2012, 05:04 PM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks guys!! We are going with the name Karma. She had some good Karma today and she responded to it. She is still very shy and skidish but is slowly coming out of her shell. She has spend the evening sleeping and trying to cuddle with me. When she goes potty she lays down because she has no bend to that one leg and it gets in the way. I am thinking we are going to have to amputate it. Im 90% sure. I hope that in a couple of weeks things will look better but Im not going to get my hopes up.

Tasha shes a pit shes got the jaw and the stance. I didnt get very good angles of pics and shes so emaciated it is hard to tell. When I first sent the pic to my mom she thought whippet. LOL!

Ill keep everyone updated on weekly photo progress pics. Thanks everyone for the kind words. I get so upset with people who does this to animals. When I have bad cases like this it makes me feel better when I have the encouragement.

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!
August 13th, 2012, 06:08 PM
turtlefly's Avatar Veteran
so sad, i hope hes gets better

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search