I got my first helicopter ride!! (And not for fun!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Country928

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Marksgirl0502's Avatar Veteran
Wow, what a crazy week! Last Sunday morning I started pre-term labor. Thought maybe it was really bad indigestion, I threw up from the pain and was just miserable. Finally it hit me that these waves of pain were coming every couple minutes, and it might be more than the baked beans I'd had the night before! :-) So after my hubby came in the room and saw how I was breathing, he said we should head to the ER. I called on our way in, and they had a wheelchair waiting for me at the door and hurried back to L&D. I guess when they know it's your fifth baby, they assume I'd know the difference between BH and the real thing! I was rushed at from all sides with needles and tests and pills, and they decided it was serious enough to air lift me to the other hospital that has a NICU. Wow, that was scary! Suddenly we realized our little girl may not survive this early, and that this was really happening! I cried so much, and it all happened really fast, but we made it to the big hospital and the Procardia (to stop the contractions) kicked in, and I was stabilized. My cervix had effaced to 1.5 cm, and the outer cervix was dilated to 3cm. Also the fetal fibronectin test came back positive, which is not good. (I guess that means there's a good chance you'll deliver in the next 2 weeks) But after a week of bed rest at the hospital my cervix had lengthened back to 4cm!! We are SO thrilled, and I just got moved over to the Ronald McDonald house (still have to be either in bed or a chair, no more walking than i have to for getting to the bathroom and back.) My kids have been staying with their grandma, and hubby has been driving back and forth as much as he can with work. I'll have to stay here until 30 or 32 weeks, when they'll let me go home. I think I'd be just fine at home on bed rest, but I guess they don't want me so far from this hospital just in case. Anyway, we're just glad everything is okay!

August 13th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Country928's Avatar Marisa
How scary. Glad everything is ok now. Praying that your little girl will stay put for awhile longer.
Cocoa Sashimi likes this.
August 13th, 2012, 05:06 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My goodness That is alot to go through. so glad to hear they got everything under control for now. Thoughts and prayers that everything progresses well from here.

August 13th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't imagine how scary that must have been! Glad baby girl is staying put and I hope the bed rest continues to work!

August 13th, 2012, 05:10 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
hope all stays well!... a 27 weeker actually has very high lively hood of surviving, 24/25 weeks is the beginning of the survival rate!

did they give you any steroid shots for the baby's lungs?? if not they should, and i would request it!!.. hope baby stays put!
August 13th, 2012, 05:24 PM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
How scary!! Glad you decided to go in!! Stay put baby, its not time yet!

August 13th, 2012, 05:54 PM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow!! Glad you are doing better! How scary!!

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
August 13th, 2012, 06:12 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Oh wow!!! That sounds scary, but I'm so glad that you and baby are doing well!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
August 13th, 2012, 06:23 PM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my! I'm sorry you had to go through that! Hopefully you're getting plenty of rest, and your baby will stay put a while longer!

If it's any encouragement, my friend gave birth at 27 weeks last December, and although her little girl spent 2 months in the NICU, she is doing VERY well now!! If you're little one comes early, she's got a very good chance of pulling through... but let's hope she decides to wait!!

August 13th, 2012, 07:12 PM
kristap4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to kristap4
Glad they were able to stablize you. Were you by chance at womens and infants in providence? I know they have a ronald mcdonald across the st... And from what i hear they have an excellent NICU with a great survival rate.

And I had a positive ffn test at 24 weeks and i'm still hanging on, I am now 29 weeks (YAY) so there is hope with that... I will keep you in my prayers.
August 13th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad they were able to get labor stopped! Hugs!
\
August 13th, 2012, 07:38 PM
fireflyluna13's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow, how scary! Hope baby girl stays put awhile! KUP
~Selena, mom to 3 boys: Alex 10, William 8. and Baby boy #3 Lukas Araya born 10/28/2012

Lukas was born with moderate to severe metopic craniosynostosis with trigonocephaly. Corrective surgery performed March 18, 2013. We are on the other side!!!
August 14th, 2012, 05:17 AM
TammyLynn1993's Avatar I love you Isabella
Glad that they got to stop the pre-term labor and that everything is okay. I wish you the best of luck and I hope your baby stays put for awhile longer ! Your baby girl must be eager to meet you! As far as losing your baby, I doubt it..the world has so much advanced technology and medicine that she would have a high chance of surviving at this point . Wishing you the best of luck.

*Thank you<3Kiliki for the siggy*

August 14th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Glad things are stabilized and that they are keeping an eye on you. Hopefully, baby will keep baking for a good while!

August 14th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
oh my goodness!! stay put baby girl! I am glad things have stabilised now for you! Hoping she stays baking awhile longer.
August 14th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
That sounds pretty scary! Hope baby stays put awhile longer!!

<3
August 14th, 2012, 01:51 PM
3kids3cats's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! How Scary! I hope your little one keeps baking and that bed rest isn't too bad for you. Keep us posted!

August 14th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Omg how scary!! Glad they were able to stop it and you are both okay!

August 14th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Marksgirl0502's Avatar Veteran
Thanks for all the encouragement and prayers! Yes, they gave me the steroid shot first thing. I've been relieved to hear from all of you how well she could do, even this early. We'll keep hoping she stays put a while longer, though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search