Tuesday Two

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you plan to use cloth diapers or disposable?

What led you to your decision?

August 13th, 2012, 11:09 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cloth

Helping the environment is a big one! Also sposie's are full of yucky chemicals. Cloth is cute, and once you build up your stash....so much cheaper!
::MummyToThree:: likes this.

August 14th, 2012, 04:39 AM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
Disposable! In my native country, they mainly use cloth diapers and they get to be so gross. With disposables, the kids don't feel their wetness and they're deodorized to keep the stink (mainly from urine) away.

August 14th, 2012, 04:48 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
Disposable!

1.) DH refuses to even consider using cloth because he says it seems too complicated.
2.) I am always getting behind in the laundry for 5 people as it is. I can't imagine having another to add to the laundry with cloth diapers on top of it. Just the thought overwhelms me!
BabyLove23 likes this.

August 14th, 2012, 05:01 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
Cloth!

I did it with both girls and found it to be just as easy with disposables. Our main reason at first was cost. Being a SAHM, I try to save money where I can. I was lucky we were doing cloth with E, because she ended up being allergic to disposables in the beginning.
::MummyToThree:: likes this.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

August 14th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would love to try cloth, but with school & work it will probably be easier to use disposables.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

August 14th, 2012, 05:19 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamsMother View Post
Disposable! In my native country, they mainly use cloth diapers and they get to be so gross. With disposables, the kids don't feel their wetness and they're deodorized to keep the stink (mainly from urine) away.
You can get cloth diapers that are lined with fabric that wicks away moisture so baby stays dry...

We actually use both - Cloth at home or short excursions. And disposables for overnight or when we go out for longer periods of time.

We started using cloth diapers because of the cost of disposables. But also because they are so darn cute.

August 14th, 2012, 06:47 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Disposables. Laundry is already a PITA with four people. Having to carry it down to flights of stairs to the basement and then up again takes forever. I used cloth with both girls, but I just won't have the time, this time.

August 14th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
Disposables. I can't sit there and clean poop or put it in my machine. It kind if grosses me out. Power to all of you ladies who can.

August 14th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
We are going to use cloth this time. Mainly for overall cost savings and because I am sick of disposables. The cloth diapers now a days are nothing like what they used to use. There are so many options and some are just as easy as sposies. Yeah, there's always the old prefold with safety pins and rubber pants, but that's the bargain basement, cheapest option and there are so many other types out there that blow those out of the water. I'm switching Akadia over too until she potty trains. I'm getting them tomorrow and can't wait to try them out. These are what I am using for her:

Bum Genius 4.0's (Pocket Diaper) - Buy 5, Get 1 FREE bumGenius 4.0 One-Size Stay-Dry Cloth Diaper - Diaper Packages - Cotton Babies Cloth Diaper Store

Flip Cover System (use inserts, disposable inserts or prefolds folded in 3rds) - Buy 2 Get 1 FREE! Flip: One-Size Diaper Cover - Flip Hybrid Diaper System - Cotton Babies Cloth Diaper Store

There are some decent sales at Cottonbabies.com for those 2 systems right now so I didn't spend near the asking price on those. Ended up with 3 free BG 4.0's and 1 free Flip cover.

I may be back here in a few days saying how much cloth diapering stinks, but for now I'm excited to try it. I will admit already that figuring out what to get has been a pain in the butt because there are so MANY options. It gets a little overwhelming and I'm sure there will be some trial and error until I figure out what works best for us.

Last edited by Leanne78; August 14th, 2012 at 07:07 AM.
August 14th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cloth for sure. They are way cuter. Sposies gross me out. Beside once I got the hang of cloth it is addicting!
August 14th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you plan to use cloth diapers or disposable? cloth

What led you to your decision? DS is allergic to disposables thanks to a chemical burn from pampers when he was 2 months old. He is now still in cloth so its just easier. I will never buy disposables ever again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almondeyes View Post
Disposables. I can't sit there and clean poop or put it in my machine. It kind if grosses me out. Power to all of you ladies who can.
Not to start a debate buy you don't have to 'clean poop' its the same as disposables, you flush the solids (when its solid) and then stick the diaper in a wet bag until its wash time. Did you know on the side of the disposable packets it says that solids need to be flushed?

I too said the same thing about my machine when my daughter was born and thought cloth was disgusting and no way would I ever do it. Well I was forced into cloth as my son is allergic to disposables.

Someone said to me that I will be washing poop, pee and vomited on clothes anyway.... and was I going to throw those things out so I didn't have to wash them. Kinda put things into perspective.

Last edited by ::MummyToThree::; August 14th, 2012 at 07:44 AM.
August 14th, 2012, 08:03 AM
LindsayGriff
We are using disposables because daycare doesn't do cloth diapers and I am not going to deal with both kinds.

Thank you peimum for my siggy
August 14th, 2012, 08:07 AM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Disposables

Like the others said, I have too much laundry as it is, and Ill never get DH onboard with cloth diapers. I had no issues with disposables the first time, so I plan on doing it again this time

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
August 14th, 2012, 08:38 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
We use both.
Started using cloth to save money and they're cute

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
August 14th, 2012, 09:08 AM
I'm going to use cloth, but disposables for weekends away or vacation. as of right now I plan to use disposable wipes, though.

I initially was interested in cloth for the savings, but now am determined to make it work for me because of baby's comfort. I thought about the laundry, but I'm going to be washing all kinds of bodily fluids and excrement with a baby anyways and I don't throw out clothes after one wear just to cut down on laundry, so I decided I didn't feel it was justified for myself to use that as an excuse for not using cloth, especially since I'll be staying at home.

August 14th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are going to be using cloth.

We used cloth with DS from a year and a half on and it was nothing like I expected at all.

They are easy, adorable, easy to wash, and free of chemicals. Disposables stink much more when they are poo'd in, and they made DS's butt bleed, literally bleed from chemical burns when the diapers we used switched along with many other brands to the new liner.

August 14th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Robyn - I wasn't going to use cloth wipes either at first and I probably will still have disposable ones in the diaper bag. I got to thinking about what I do with the disposables though. I always clean the bum and shove the wipe inside the diaper before I roll it up. It's totally habit now. I don't want to have to have a separate trash can just for dirty wipes, so I figure with cloth wipes, I'll just do what I've always done, stick them in the diaper and put it all in the wet bag. I'm already washing the diapers, so the wipes aren't really an extra chore for me. We'll see how it actually goes in practice though!
Think4Yourself likes this.

August 14th, 2012, 03:51 PM
That's always been my habit, too, but it's been so long that I think it won't be hard to break it. I might decide to do cloth wipes later on but I think if he's a peanut buttery pooper I'm going to prefer disposable wipes!

August 14th, 2012, 03:55 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
I used cloth wipes at home and disposable when out. I'd just wash the wipe with the dipes and never had any issues, just threw them away after the wash/dry cycle.
Belita likes this.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search