MOTW - BabyLove23/Kimberly! (8/14 - 8/18)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BabyLove23
  • 1 Post By BabyLove23

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
This week's Mommy of the Week is Kimberly (BabyLove23)! Let's get to know her better. Ask away. No picture requests though, this is purely get to know you stuff unless Kimberly wants to share some pictures.

Some basic stuff to get us started:

Current Due Date:

Sex & Name (if picked):

TTC, NTNP, Surprise?

Where did you grow up?

Any siblings or only child?

How did you and DH/SO meet?

August 14th, 2012, 06:59 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
tell us your favorites

color
food
music
movie

August 14th, 2012, 07:20 AM
BabyLove23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Current Due Date: 11/2 (Looks like my C-section will be 10/26, which happens to be 2 days before Izzy's birthday)

Sex & Name (if picked): Girl ,Savannah Rose

TTC, NTNP, Surprise? TTC

Where did you grow up? Born and raised in NY. We actually bought the house I was raised in, and my mom was raised in. I have pictures of it when it was the only house on a potato farm. Pretty neat!

Any siblings or only child? One brother - younger brother Kevin. He is 28 years old and has Autisim. My husband (Brian) and I take care of him. I love having him live with us. He is the sweetest most innocent person you will ever meet

How did you and DH/SO meet? We met through mutual friends many years ago. We dated other people at the time, but were friends. Then we both became single at the same time, and the rest is history. We got married 6 years ago.

color - Black/Browns
food - Wine......Wait no thats not a food..........PIZZA!!!!!!!! Pepperoni if possible
music - All of it. I can go from Rock, to pop, to Country, all in the same day.
movie - So many to choose from. I think my favorite is "The Guardian"

Thank you peimum for my siggie!!!
August 14th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
What is your favorite:

State to visit
Country to visit
Vacation

August 14th, 2012, 09:01 AM
State to visit
Country to visit
Vacation

I'm petrified of flying. The ironic part is, my dad was a pilot just for fun. So when I was little, he would take me flying to a nearby state, CT, NJ, RI, PA, just to grab lunch and fly back.
Im not sure why, but as I got older I started to hate it. Nothing really happened, I think I just realized, Hey...... this thing can crash!! LOL.
So that being said, I have not traveled much other than local areas. Ill have to say the Bahamas is my favorite.

Okay stop laughing at me now :-)
Almondeyes likes this.

August 14th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I absolutely hate flying too. DH's dad is a pilot and he has no fear of it, but I just dread getting on planes. I always feel like each flight I take is another step closer to my number being up. It's so morbid!

August 14th, 2012, 09:19 AM
LOL! Glad Im not the only one! I can tell myself the statistics over and over, it doesn't help. I always have to take some sort of medication, along with a stiff drink, to get onboard.

August 14th, 2012, 09:23 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
What is your favorite way to relax?

Favorite tv shows?

Favorite and least favorite things about you physically? What about personality-wise?

Pet peeves?

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
August 14th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Favorite animal?

August 14th, 2012, 01:53 PM
3kids3cats's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Accomplishment you are the proudest of (other than your kids)?

Favorite childhood memory?

What is your dream job?

August 14th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Enceinte2012's Avatar Super Mommy
Favorite book/author?

Picture of your dream house - google images work

~*~Meghann~*~
Proud Mommy to Amber and Addyson

August 14th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What is your earliest childhood memory?

What is your favorite place to eat out?

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

August 15th, 2012, 02:38 AM
What is your favorite way to relax? - Im pretty simple. I like to hang out in my backyard. Its the perfect place to sip a cup of coffee and watch Izzy and Kevin play.
At night, (And when Im not pregnant) its great to sit with friends by the fire pit and have a few drinks and laughs.

Favorite tv shows? True blood and Greys Anatomy. Okay and I will admit I like watching Jersey Shore. Its like watching a train wreck. You just have to stare!

Favorite and least favorite things about you physically?
I HATE my stretch marks. When Im working out and I'm actually "in shape", I love(d) my arms/shoulders. Not so much right now! LOL.

What about personality-wise? I like that normally Im easy going, and I hate that Im easy going. Does that even make sense? Im a very laid back type of person. Its takes a lot to upset me or make me angry. The downfall to this, sometimes I get " walked over" or taken advantage of. However the positive is, normally I don't care and it really won't upset me. I don't feel the need to "address the situation." Life is too short. Enjoy every bit of it that you can!

Pet peeves? - People that leave the sliding glass door wide open while the AC is on. (Ehem - DH....this means YOU! I don't care if you are running to the garage for one thing! You just let in 3 flies and let out an hours worth of cool air!) LOL I sound crazy now

Favorite Animal - Im a cat person. If I could Id take in all the old cats that no one wants.
I do love dolphins and killer wales. They are such beautiful creatures.

Last edited by BabyLove23; August 15th, 2012 at 02:41 AM.
August 15th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Accomplishment you are the proudest of (other than your kids)? - Getting custody of my brother. I always new I wanted to take care of him. It took quite a few hurtles to get it done, but it was well worth it!

Favorite childhood memory? During the summer, I would go out front and meet all the kids on our block to play games. Kickball, basketball, hide and seek (What was the night version of this? It was made to sound scarier and more grown-up but it was the same freaken thing......?) practicing cheerleading routines, bike riding, and even just dancing in the street. I loved it. There was about 15 kids that would get together. Such nice memories. I hope my kids get to grow up with this too!

What is your dream job? Being a stay at home mom! Right now Im a project manager. I work way too much. 13 hours yesterday :-(

August 15th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Favorite book/author - The last series I read was the Fifty shades books. I honestly didn't know what they were about, until it went "there" LOL. I did really enjoy the books, but I can't say EL James is my favorite author. I think Id say Jodi Picoult. I don't read a lot, but I did read a bunch of her books and always enjoyed them.

Picture of your dream house - google images work - Im actually enjoying googling the image "dream home" There is so many awesome homes! Im not sure how to pick one. I'll have to just settle with this little gem -
Enceinte2012 likes this.

Last edited by BabyLove23; August 15th, 2012 at 03:00 AM.
August 15th, 2012, 03:09 AM
What is your earliest childhood memory? - When my brother was born! I don't remember much, but I do remember bits and pieces. I woke up to my dad carrying me to my neighbors house and handing me to my Aunt. I remember sleeping in the bunk beds with my cousins, and waking up to a huge breakfast. Then at some point, my Aunt told me my little brother was born.

What is your favorite place to eat out? - Right now all Im thinking about is the deli around the block that has cold cuts. LOL! Favorite restaurant would be "The clubhouse." Its one of the best steakhouse's on the island. Its pricey, but its so worth it!!

August 15th, 2012, 05:22 AM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
What is your favorite vacation memory?

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

August 15th, 2012, 06:51 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
So fun to read!!

Are you on LI? I grew up in Suffolk County, moved away when I went to college

What's your favorite baby stage?

Favorite guilty pleasure food?

Do you paint your nails/toenails?

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
August 15th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Favorite vacation memory- our honeymoon! Bow Chicka wow wow!!

Sorry couldnt resist. :-) We went the Bahamas. Swam with dolphins, sailed beautiful seas, and shopped like crazy! Brian smoked a cigar everyday. (he loves cigars, just on special occasions) Ever since, anytime I smell cigar smoke, I can't help but be put in a good mood. It such a happy memory!

August 15th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBudSkyTree View Post
So fun to read!!

Are you on LI? I grew up in Suffolk County, moved away when I went to college

What's your favorite baby stage?

Favorite guilty pleasure food?

Do you paint your nails/toenails?
I'm in Nassau! I know Suffolk well!.

Favorite baby stage - that's hard! I only have one baby to judge off of, and I loved every stage! I think The 10 -14 months was the best. They can tell you want they want and they are so interactive. They get so excited because they understand for the first time, Kwim?

Favorite guilty pleasure- there is this chocolate desert my MIL makes that is to die for. I'll have to get the recipie from her. It's pudding, whipped cream, brownies, some type of candy bar crumbles, nuts all mixed in one bowl of yummyness!

I don't do my nails, but I do love pedicures!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search