Vaccination Schedule

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2012, 01:36 PM
rachkel's Avatar Super Mommy
Ok mama's! This is a thread to discuss what kind of vaccination schedule you will use. I think we've had a similar one in the past, but I'd really like to know how you all are planning on vaccinating since a lot of us are coming up and passing the 3 month mark until our due dates. I know I'm going to be vaccinating Oliver, but I haven't decided if I want to do a delayed schedule or not.

I know that some of those on the board are anti-vaccines, and thats fine. To each their own! I'm not really interested in a debate, I'm more curious as to how the mama's who are vaccinating are planning on doing it

Visit my blog! Lots of health and fitness insights... including pregnancy!

www.HealthFitnessLove.wordpress.com

August 14th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I plan to vaccinate Sean according to the schedule his pediatrician recommends.

August 14th, 2012, 02:10 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
We vax according to schedule. Kevin has a high risk job and can be exposed to some of these diseases.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

August 14th, 2012, 02:17 PM
mrs.wagner.10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are going to do delayed. The only thing that I am really concerned about is bombarding a newborns system with a bunch of man made things at first. He went nine months with out anything in his system.
*Izzy's*Mommy* likes this.

7 lbs 7 oz 21" 11/4/12 2:11 pmThank you Kiliki for my amazing Siggy!!!
August 14th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We vaccinate on schedule. I work in an ICU and am exposed to eveything you can imagine. Regardless we would vaccinate according to the recommended schedule.
August 14th, 2012, 02:39 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
probably on scheduled I do want to hold and bond before baby gets stuck with a bunch of needles and such at the hospital but from what i understand my hospital does that anyway. Everything after hospital stay will happen whenever they schedule me to bring baby in.

August 14th, 2012, 02:56 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
we dont vaccinate, but if i were to id do delayed .. the reason why we dont vax is bc of the crap thats IN them, im not necessarily against the vaccine itself but what is in them.. Van almost needed a blood transfusion last month, and i highly considered getting him vaccinated for Hep because that's a risk involved with getting blood transfusions but he ended up not needing to get one so we didnt do it.
but if for some reason we had to vaccinate, for example all the diseases had some random break out at once.. i would delay them instead of doing it all at once

but my kids now are already almost 2 and passed the age of 2... by the time a child is age 2 their immune system is developed properly enough as is.. my ped in MI who is a big advocate on immunizing even agreed there was no use in doing it with Hunter since he was already passed the age of 2.. but i would possibly still consider, and maybe even selectively vaccinate if i absolutely had to
August 14th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We fully vaccinate on schedule and will be doing the flu shot this year for everyone else in the house except the baby of course and Evan (egg allergy) because of Jaden going to school this year and I also got the flu 2 weeks PP after Evan and that is not something I want to risk going through with a newborn again.

August 14th, 2012, 03:12 PM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am still undecided on if / when concerning vaccinations. I'm not 100% opposed, but don't plan on accepting the whole lot without more research. As I learn more about each one, then I will decide if I'm comfortable with her receiving it on schedule, delayed, or not at all.

August 14th, 2012, 03:13 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
We will probably make up our own, like we are doing with Eli as we go.
I am a huge proponent of vaccines and was sure I'd do a regular on-time vaccine schedule, but when it came to actually having a living, breathing life in my hands to stick I chickened out. It scared me to death.
Eli has a few and never had more than two at a time (the ones I felt most comfortable with for a young baby) and will not be getting any more til after 2. This baby will probably be in the same "schedule" except he will NOT get hep B immediately after birth like Eli did, I just don't see the point in him getting it immediately.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
August 14th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
Angie if you ever have any questions, your more than welcome to PM me (or fb chat lol)!!
mollymalone likes this.
August 14th, 2012, 03:18 PM
KatherineD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to KatherineD Send a message via Yahoo to KatherineD
oh, we don't do the optional vaccines though, such as rotateq (too new) and the flu shot.

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my gorgeous siggy!!

August 14th, 2012, 03:21 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymalone
I am still undecided on if / when concerning vaccinations. I'm not 100% opposed, but don't plan on accepting the whole lot without more research. As I learn more about each one, then I will decide if I'm comfortable with her receiving it on schedule, delayed, or not at all.
I really love Dr. Sears' book. I believe it's called "The Vaccine Book".
I recommend you start your research now too, I wish I had with Eli, but it wasn't even on my radar. Then at Eli's 6 week checkup they bombarded me and said he had 5 shots to get, I was shocked and so unprepared for that!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
August 14th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Irene.C's Avatar Veteran
I plan to vaccinate on schedule. Some vaccines can be given right away and some cant like the DTP which prevents whooping cough. I want the baby to get the DTP as soon as possible with the resurgence of whooping cough. Because of parents that choose not to vaccinate this is a real threat to babies. Babies are dying from this at greater numbers every year because they cant get the vaccine until 2 months. I think that is why its important to not delay vaccination its better to get them the immunity as soon as you can.

August 14th, 2012, 03:45 PM
i'd highly advise you reconsider your blaming

you can get pertussis despite getting vaccinated, which means a child who is vaccinated can get pertussis, infact most children who do get pertussis were vaccinated children. so i would really reconsider you bluntly blaming unvaccinated children to be the reason for another child getting sick
Think4Yourself and AltMommy like this.
August 14th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
We'll basically follow the schedule my ped sets out but I'm not letting them give her anymore than 2 at a time. With Akadia, they stuck the poor child 4 times once and we're not doing that again. I don't know why they would feel the need to give so many at one time!

August 14th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Veteran
We do delayed. Always have always will. I hate when they come in and say they have to give 5 or 6 at a time. Nope. U may stick my kids 1 or 2 times but after that u will have to wait.

August 14th, 2012, 04:21 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We delayed Izzy's as well and spread them out. I'm not going to slam her system with all of that junk at once. Not something I'm comfortable with.
.h00dihoo.this. likes this.

August 14th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't vaccinate at all but I'm glad to see so many delaying! I think if you are going to do vaccines, at the least space them out.. there are many alternative schedules out there that can be followed. Unfortunately some of the combos can't be split up anymore, so sometimes there's no choice. But I have seen babies get behind on schedule and then get TONS of shots all at once... scary stuff.. I'm not going to even touch the other vaccine talk lol
BlndGrl8 likes this.

August 14th, 2012, 06:52 PM
LindsayGriff
I really won't even go into this because people are set in their ways and it won't change no matter what others say. Bottom line is DS is fully vaccinated, new baby will be, DH and I both have our TdaP updated vaccines, we will get flu vaccine in the fall. I am an internal medicine physician, hoping to become board certified after I sit for my board exam next wednesday. If you are undecided on vaccines and want to educate yourself on them then you can PM me and I will send you some medical literature on vaccines.
rachkel and fireflyluna13 like this.

Thank you peimum for my siggy

Last edited by LindsayGriff; August 14th, 2012 at 09:27 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search