Weight check

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2012, 08:15 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripstress View Post
I lost 20 and have now gained back about 5(will see for sure tomorrow) which is good for me since I am overweight to begin with. I'm mostly concerned about GD so I'm trying but it is hard to resist the treats, especially after starving for so long and being so sick. It varies depending on your pre-pg weight but it's about 30 for smaller people, 20-25 for medium, 15-20 overweight, 10-15 obese. No worries, you seem on track...they don't allow near what they used to for pg. It sucks lol
I think that is part of my problem too - my body went on starvation mode from all the throwing up in the 1st and early 2nd trimester that once the morning sickness went away, I am squirreling away fat where ever I can. You are doing awesome with the weigh gain though, 5 is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky_78 View Post
So I'm a day away from 24 weeks - and up 14 lbs - 10 of which I gained in July. Sigh.

Mary - I've been using this chart Pregnancy Weight Gain Tracker | Tools | BabyCenter - but you can find a bunch by googling pregnancy weight chart.
Thanks for the link, I need to start a chart. I'm the same as you - most of the weight gain has been in the past 2 months which scares me about the weight gain in the coming months.
Gripstress likes this.

August 15th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anna.rose View Post
I feel like I've gained too much. I'm 24 weeks and yesterday I was up 14-15 lbs. I don't want to gain 50 again.
IKWYM, I gained 40 last pregnancy and it really changed the dynamic of the post partum period; I felt so lethargic and not myself. I want this postpatrum period to be more like my first (bodywise) if possible!

August 15th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to check my weight almost daily. I stopped because its not like I eat all day or snack on garbage. I know this past month I have gone up quite a bit but it is all baby!! I just can't worry about weight anymore. At this point with MS, I'll eat whatever stays down, and if that means gain a whale in a month, so be it
gardenbelle and Gripstress like this.

August 15th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Mary - it's not a chart for your progress - it's a chart that shows where you should be every week based upon your starting weight/height. In the beginning I loved it because I was always below their zone...now I just think they are lying

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

August 15th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky_78 View Post
Oh Mary - it's not a chart for your progress - it's a chart that shows where you should be every week based upon your starting weight/height. In the beginning I loved it because I was always below their zone...now I just think they are lying
Ack, I followed the link after responding to you and I'm a little out of the healthy weight gain range already. Boo! I also stepped on the scale this morning and gained another pound. Sigh.

August 15th, 2012, 08:52 AM
BraidensMommy's Avatar Veteran
I have lost a ton of wait with this pregnancy and every time I go to the doctor lately I've lost another couple pounds. I have lost a total of 26 pounds with this pregnancy. My doctor don't really seem worried about it, he says as long as baby is growing at a healthy rate then he will not worry. I have had horrible morning sickness though.

August 15th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Caleb's Mommy!
I started tracking my calories a few weeks ago since I still hadn't gained anything and was still losing. I use myfitnesspal.com and set it to half a pound a week gain, and I always try to hit the minimum number of calories I'm supposed to get. Some days it doesn't happen because I'm too sick, but at least I have an idea of how much I need to be eating. If you're really concerned and want to slow down your weight gain, I'm sure the same system would work, you'd just want to avoid going too far over. I mean, certainly don't get obsessive about it, but it is a helpful tool.
gardenbelle likes this.
Due with #2 on July 10

August 15th, 2012, 09:19 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am 24 weeks and I've gained 12-14lbs. I also feel like that is a lot!! If I only gain 1 lb per week from now on..... I will have gained 28-30lbs for the whole pregnancy... and that would be okay with me I guess BUT I also can't stay away from the sweets and I am so don't want to put on unnecessary weight!!!

Mary - you were super skinny to begin with (if I remember correctly) - I'm sure you are looking amazing and won't put on too much! :-)

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
August 15th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nina9809 View Post
I am 24 weeks and I've gained 12-14lbs. I also feel like that is a lot!! If I only gain 1 lb per week from now on..... I will have gained 28-30lbs for the whole pregnancy... and that would be okay with me I guess BUT I also can't stay away from the sweets and I am so don't want to put on unnecessary weight!!!

Mary - you were super skinny to begin with (if I remember correctly) - I'm sure you are looking amazing and won't put on too much! :-)
Those sweets are so hard to stay away from! I hope we can both have some willpower the rest of the pregnancy. I wasn't super skinny before the pregnancy, but I was on the slimmer side of normal. I just hope I can get back to that post pregnancy!

August 15th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Regular
ok so i feel so fat now...i started at 123lbs am now at 24 weeks am 148lbs. everyone who sees me thinks am about to pop. I need to post a pic.
August 15th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by makenzie1978 View Post
ok so i feel so fat now...i started at 123lbs am now at 24 weeks am 148lbs. everyone who sees me thinks am about to pop. I need to post a pic.
You and I started out at about the same weights (I was 124) and I hate that I'm in the 140s this early on in the pregnancy too!
I feel like I not only have one baby growing in my belly, but two more - one in each butt cheek.

Post a new pic in the belly folder!

August 15th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenbelle View Post
You and I started out at about the same weights (I was 124) and I hate that I'm in the 140s this early on in the pregnancy too!
I feel like I not only have one baby growing in my belly, but two more - one in each butt cheek.

Post a new pic in the belly folder!

same here, my mom says am going to explode by the time am done. How do you post a pic on here.
August 15th, 2012, 11:09 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yesss!!! Post new pics everyone!! I started at 128 and now I am 140-142 - eeek! I have NEVER been in the 140s before!

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
August 15th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Veteran
24 weeks just about and 20-25 pounds. Met the new doctor yesterday and he didn't say anything (probably because it's twins) I didn't gain any weight till 12 weeks and I mastered my sickness and headaches with eating every two hours now if only I would start choosing the carrot sticks over the 99 cent bag of chips I'd feel better about the weight but I know it's all from junk and sweets!
gardenbelle likes this.

August 15th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by makenzie1978 View Post
same here, my mom says am going to explode by the time am done. How do you post a pic on here.
You get a photobucket account and upload the photo to there. Once you have it uploaded, you just copy the code that says IMG and paste it into a post in the belly folder.
I'll add a pic of mine once I take another one!

August 15th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I honestly have no idea how much Ive gained. Im not looking at the scale this pregnancy. With my first two, I gained 65 lb each time and stressed myself out needlessly because it all came off with nursing after they were born.

So Im just not stressing about it this time. I dont have the energy or time to stress, my two littles keep me stressed as it is! lol I know I did gain around 20 lbs at 13 WEEKS because I accidentally looked at the scale one time. I dont know why my body does this, but for some reason it just likes to gain a friggin Kindergartener when it's makin' a baby, LOL! I eat the same as I do not pregnant, and actually I drink like 20 glasses of water a day now and still gain. I know I am because my clothes get tighter.

I told my husband after this baby (we are thinking its our last) that at about 6 months PP, I am losing ALL this weight and getting back to my old size, which should only be 20 lbs away from that after I lose the weight after this baby. Not too bad considering in 3 pregnancies I will have gained 200+ lbs! LOL!!
gardenbelle likes this.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)
and NUMBER4! (due 7/4/2015)

August 15th, 2012, 02:32 PM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
I haven't really gained any weight yet (but I started out overweight) and its not because Im doing any special dieting. I just dont feel as hungry as I usually do so Im eating less. I'm sure Ill be packing on the pounds soon enough.

I honestly feel like you can't control it either way - provided you are eating a mostly healthy diet - don't let yourself stress about it.

August 15th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
lol Mary, you are always answering before you read Thanks and my official gain is 4 lbs, only 1 this month(woot) so I'm still down 16, thank God because I have my glucose test tomorrow I think...sometime in the next two weeks anyway they said I should go do it. Cross your fingers, I'm worried this time!
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 15th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Crossing fingers it goes well, Becky!
Gripstress likes this.

August 16th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*fingers crossed for you too*
Gripstress likes this.

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search