Weight check

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2012, 02:07 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm thinking a lot about my weight gain and hoping that I'm in a normal range - I'm 24 weeks and I've gained 16 pounds so far. I really don't want to gain more than 30 this time but it's so hard to stay away from the sweets!
How much have you gained already? Are you feeling good about your gain or are you not liking the numbers going up either? I never worried much with my previous pregnancies, but I gained 40 with my last pregnancy and it was so hard to take off. I don't want to go there again if I can help it!
August 14th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
I choose not to pay that much attention to the scale.... I've never liked my weight going up... and I know it will be hard to get it back off again.... but I am willing to do the work I need to.... So for now... I'm goona choose not to stress over the scale.....

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 14th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will find out tomorrow if I have gained any at all. I have the oppisite problem lol if your concerned I would ask your dr if there is anything else you could do to slow down the gain

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

August 14th, 2012, 02:13 PM
dickersons09's Avatar Expecting #2
23 weeks and up 18lbs :-/ I'm fine with it but scared about what my dr will say!
August 14th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im 20 weeks and have gained about 5. As of this morning it was only 4, but it bounces back and forth a bit. I worry but more that I am not getting enough nutrients. I know the baby gets everything first and I get whats left over. I have been really sick but still, I feel bad that I havent gained a little more.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
August 14th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I'm also up 16 lbs, but at 21 weeks. I was really nervous about getting on the scale at the dr's office yesterday and was afraid she would say something about it, since at my last appt she had told me to keep an eye on the weight gain and I know I was up more between appts this time than the last. I was very relieved when she said she had no concerns about anything! So that's a sigh of relief. I'm really hoping to not gain a ton, though, so I'm really trying my best to watch what I eat other than allowing a few treats here and there. It's so hard not to!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

August 14th, 2012, 03:56 PM
rucca1002's Avatar Veteran
I am 23 weeks and up 18 lbs. My doctor says I am perfect in the weight gain area but I think it is too much!

With my first, I gained 25 lbs total and with my second, I didn't pay attention. This time around, I was starting out 20 lbs smaller so I am being extra obsessive about it.... and am not happy about how much I have gained. BUT -- I can't give up my nightly frozen yogurt.
August 14th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm 24 weeks and I've gained 4 pounds... but then I had a lot to lose when I got pregnant so everyone's pretty happy with that number. I'm hoping to keep it at less than 15 for the entire pregnancy... 10 if I'm really good.

August 14th, 2012, 05:43 PM
*treefrog*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am up about 18 pounds at 20 weeks I started at around 112 and am now at about 130. sigh......oh well....I've never had any trouble taking it off in the past, but now that I am older, I am just worried it will be harder to do. Time will tell!

Our family is complete

August 14th, 2012, 06:00 PM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im up about 10lbs at 22 weeks.... I am good with this - I want to stay in the 25-30lb total weight gain range...

August 14th, 2012, 06:13 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I've only gained 3-4lbs at 22 weeks and I'm very happy that I'm no longer losing. For a while I didn't know how Caleb was still growing and how he was getting enough nutrients. Though I'm still sick, I can at least keep down enough calories now
August 14th, 2012, 07:55 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I'm having the same problem staying away from sweets.

I'd say you are doing just fine.
At my 20 weeks appt I had gained 14 lbs and was told that was great and normal.
Now I'm 22 weeks and gained 15 lbs.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
August 14th, 2012, 09:47 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's great to hear that I'm not way over what everyone else is gaining. That is very reassuring! I tried to find some type of chart online about typical weight gain at various weeks and couldn't find anything.
Chris - I totally feel you! I'm worried with being older that it is only going to be harder to lose this time. I loathe dieting so it makes for a heinous postpartum period as I try to eat oatmeal every morning and stop the deserts at night. Since you started out so small, I bet it's what your body needs to do. I did read somewhere that thinner people need to gain more weight than the average if that makes you feel any better!
August 14th, 2012, 10:03 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will find out tomorrow but it won't be very accurate becuase of all of the swelling. Oh well, I have taken it off before and I can to it again. I do know that I am no where near as big as I was with any of the others by this point. It does help that we don't have a gas station less than 2 minutes from the house. With Elijah I would send DH to the store every night for a candy bar and a coke. I have found myself snacking more since it cooled off some but I am trying to not buy much junk.

August 15th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
I lost 20 and have now gained back about 5(will see for sure tomorrow) which is good for me since I am overweight to begin with. I'm mostly concerned about GD so I'm trying but it is hard to resist the treats, especially after starving for so long and being so sick. It varies depending on your pre-pg weight but it's about 30 for smaller people, 20-25 for medium, 15-20 overweight, 10-15 obese. No worries, you seem on track...they don't allow near what they used to for pg. It sucks lol
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

August 15th, 2012, 04:55 AM
*treefrog*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenbelle View Post
Chris - I totally feel you! I'm worried with being older that it is only going to be harder to lose this time. I loathe dieting so it makes for a heinous postpartum period as I try to eat oatmeal every morning and stop the deserts at night. Since you started out so small, I bet it's what your body needs to do. I did read somewhere that thinner people need to gain more weight than the average if that makes you feel any better!
I keep telling myself that, but I really think the majority of the problem is I am not exercising enough...thanks for the encouragement though

Our family is complete

August 15th, 2012, 05:50 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Raina, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one refusing to pay attention at weigh-in time. I remember being so DILIGENT about watching that scale my first time around. I'd report to all and sundry about what I'd gained after each appointment. This time around, I honestly don't have a clue. All I know is what the scale tells me at each appt - and what I think my starting weight was...but I refuse to ask the doctor, and he's not saying anything about weight concerns. I was smaller starting out (def over my ideal weight for my 5'0" height, but not overweight), so I guess I'm just going to enjoy my last pregnancy, and worry about the post baby weight once I'm breastfeeding.
gardenbelle and Gripstress like this.
August 15th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I'm a day away from 24 weeks - and up 14 lbs - 10 of which I gained in July. Sigh.

Mary - I've been using this chart Pregnancy Weight Gain Tracker | Tools | BabyCenter - but you can find a bunch by googling pregnancy weight chart.

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

August 15th, 2012, 06:54 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like I've gained too much. I'm 24 weeks and yesterday I was up 14-15 lbs. I don't want to gain 50 again.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
August 15th, 2012, 07:08 AM
BlueJayBaby's Avatar Veteran
I am up about 23 lbs at 23 weeks. My doc doesn't have a problem with it. Seems a bit much to me though!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search