Your Next child

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
So is anyone else planning for that next child yet?

I know I said this was my last, but I'm realizing that with Winter looking to be developing very typically, that it's kind of like having two "only" children. Alice is going to always be a little weirdo in her own world. A friend of mine is in the same situation with her youngest wanting to socialize and her oldest living in Autism Land. She's not able to have any more, but I really want to give my Rose someone to play with.

Thinking about weaning at a year instead of 18 months to maybe get pregnant quicker. NTNP for now, but having them really close in age would be wonderful.
August 14th, 2012, 09:02 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started thinking about the next baby before Claire was even born haha! I can't wait to do it again but I know we will only have two or three kids so I want to space them a bit. This is more for my benefit because I want to savor every pregnancy/baby as much as possible. I can't wait to experience birth, breastfeeding, etc with the next baby since I've already done it. I know all babies are different but I think I will be much more relaxed about everything the second time around.

Arwen, if I were in your situation I would probably have another too. I think you're making a good decision
Spyctre and HubbysSweetheart like this.

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

August 14th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Working mommy
Recently I've been thinking about #3. My first 2 are 5 yrs apart. This was never the plan but we needed IVF to conceive #2. So we are NTNP right now (with very little hope of it working). Then I think we'll head back for another fertility treatment soon after Jack turns 1. I would like #2 and #3 to be much closer together.

And I'm already missing having a really little baby as Jack gets bigger and bigger.

August 15th, 2012, 12:15 AM
sarah_19_nz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 90% sure I don't want any more, pregnancy sucks!, so does giving birth! oh and the first 3 or 4 months after they come out! hahaha If I had easy babies then I'd be more inclined to want more. I'll never say never though. eeeeeeek.

What a turn around Arwen! I thought you were ADAMANT you weren't having any more!??

August 15th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I hate pregnancy and the first few months, too. lol We just got to thinking that we wanted them to play, and Alice is still happy, but Winter will be lonely. Siblings are so great when you're older. Just don't want her to be alone.

I also really don't know if I can be that sick again. Might never happen.
sarah_19_nz likes this.
August 15th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our plan is to TTC next June, although this isn't set in stone. I'm surprised I am thinking about babies so soon because the pregnancy and birth were rough, not to mention DD is not an easy baby by any means. I really can't explain why I sometimes get baby fever...it's been pretty bad the last couple of weeks. Blame it on hormones I guess It's actually kind of driving my husband nuts because he thinks DD is sooo much work already (which she is!)
LuckyCharm likes this.

August 15th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
We know that we want two, and had planned to ttc when Robby turns about 9 months, but continue bfing til a year. We are doing it close together because I am 40, and it's just better not to wait a long time. However, our finances and the size of our condo might make it a dumb idea to have another one this soon. I am hoping soooo hard that DH gets another job asap so that we can start saving money and thinking about moving. Right now, since I am still bfing and still haven't gotten af back, we are ntnp.

August 15th, 2012, 07:43 AM
QueenBee_2012's Avatar Regular
I'm done but I can't shake the feeling that I'm going to end up with at least one more 'oops' baby. We are practicing NFP. Praying for another chance at the IUD.
August 15th, 2012, 07:45 AM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't like being pregnant, either, and I'm already stressed out taking care of two kids. I don't think we'll be having a third, though if we change our minds, we'll probably adopt.

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

August 15th, 2012, 07:51 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just told my friend that I don't want a baby at the moment but give me a year and a half and I might want another. It's DH's job to get a V before I really want to try again. I am on the depo shot at the moment.
August 15th, 2012, 09:22 AM
HubbysSweetheart's Avatar Little Jo married Laurie!
I would be pretty content with one.... but I was an only child (not by my parents choice) and I wouldn't purposefully do that to a kid. Soooo I know we'll be trying for at least one more. But I too didn't really enjoy pregnancy... birth wasn't too bad, but hated the stretch marks/extra skin/fat/loose muscles and recovery afterwards. If our next baby is a typical baby and not a Majorly HIGH demanding one i.e. acid reflux/out of this world gas/colic I might be able to be convinced to have another but that would kinda shock me.

I'm torn between wanting to have them close together for the later years of their life for buddy/playmate benefits and wanting to enjoy Chloe all I can before my energy/attention gets diverted elsewhere. The first 4 months were VERY hard and challenging and she's just getting to the point where some days she's actually quite fun. I really don't want to mess that up with morning sickness.

Also I'm worried that if we do manage to conceive soon after trying (the plan is to re-evaluate at about 9 mo) that my milk will dry up and she HATES formula. Plus she won't calm down at night with anything but a nursing session sometimes.... meaning a letdown... and I'm super not ready to face even Less sleep at the moment.... last night I'd gotten up 3 times before 1 am. Doesn't really make me anxious to add a newborn schedule to That.

August 15th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd get pregnant again right now if I could. It's going to have to wait a while though. As soon as I can though, I'm back on the TTC train. I loved being pregnant.

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
August 15th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
We have been TTC since Katara was born and I am now in full TTC mode hoping this is my cycle
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

August 15th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Hahaha see I am crazy I get sever Hyperemesis and I still will be having another 2 no matter what maybe more LOL

August 15th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Summer, I hope it's your cycle every time for you! I saw the post with that faint line, and was sad to see that wasn't it. Baby dust this cycle! I'm sticking to the NTNP train myself.
Iluvmybabies* likes this.
August 16th, 2012, 03:35 PM
These tests have thrown me for a loop but I just 'feel' it will happen soon I am throwing all I(we lol)have at it this cycle

August 16th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Veteran
Well I don't know if I will have anymore in the future but if God allows it I would be so thankful.I only have two boys another would be great but I also miss the little girl stuff.If I don't have anymore I am still thankful.....but something is telling me its not over
:mommyDeAnna 7/28 Whitney 4/7 Naomi 6/24 Katerina 1/27 Gracie 5/25 Magdalina 6/8Berachiah 6/8 Peter 2/20 Deanna 19,whitney 15,Naomi 13,Katerina 8,Gracie 7,Magdalina 5,Berachiah 3,Peter 4 months and counting.
August 16th, 2012, 11:04 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to start thinking about another in a year. Part of me wants to dote on my only child for a long time yet. Part of me wants another tomorrow. Ill seriously look into it maybe next summer or fall.

August 17th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbysSweetheart View Post
I would be pretty content with one.... but I was an only child (not by my parents choice) and I wouldn't purposefully do that to a kid.
[...]
I'm torn between wanting to have them close together for the later years of their life for buddy/playmate benefits and wanting to enjoy Chloe all I can before my energy/attention gets diverted elsewhere. The first 4 months were VERY hard and challenging and she's just getting to the point where some days she's actually quite fun.
Same for me. I am thinking about #2 so that Philibert has a playmate. I'm just so not sure as to when is the right time for us. I'm sort of hoping for a oops pregnancy so I don't get to choose when the right time will be. I am still breastfeeding and my cycles are not back yet, but comes January when I'll be weaning, I think we'll be NTNP.

I do get envious when I hear about my friends who are ttc and planing nurseries and everything, it gives me baby fever!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search