New Subforum Ideas?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By Think4Yourself

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions for possible new subforums? I noticed we have a lot of mommies who either already cloth diaper or are about to start, so I was thinking maybe a subforum called "Lions in Cloth" or something where we could all give support and ask questions. Another thought was maybe one for Breastfeeding and Pumping mommies. No clue on a name for that - "Nursing Nalas" Anyways, just some thoughts to get us started. If anyone has any feedback, fire away.

August 15th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm mostly on my phone lately and completely forget about the subforums. I'm afraid I'll forget to check them! I know we have a lot of ladies in here who expect to give birth early so we'll need a birth story subforum,
Almondeyes likes this.

August 15th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Yeah, that is one we will definitely need. What's scary is how soon we will need it!!!

August 15th, 2012, 08:51 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I forget the subfourms sometimes to its kinda just something I scroll past like an ad now. I would say leave that kind of stuff for the regular board I don't think we will see it as much if everything is all split off.

edit: except for birth stories of course

August 15th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Yeah, we definitely do not have to add any subforums, just wanted to open it up to discussion. I try not to clog up the main forum with a bunch of posts about the same thing, but have noticed the more specialized forums on JM are pretty dead.

August 15th, 2012, 09:15 AM
I don't feel like it's clogging up anything. I'd also prefer to leave it as is. Subforums don't help us in Top 50 either. Just this main forum.

August 15th, 2012, 09:28 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
I'm also guilty of forgetting about subforums and stickies!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
August 15th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
I don't feel like it's clogging up anything. I'd also prefer to leave it as is. Subforums don't help us in Top 50 either. Just this main forum.
Oh really? I didn't know that? Lol, sounds like I'm the only one who checks the subforums! Only look at the Lion's Den and the DDB one though. I'll rarely look at the other 2 but just because I've never been much for looking at the journals. The stickies are what I have to be careful not to overlook. Once it's stickied, it's out of mind for me.

August 15th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Yeah, people were wondering that when we first started so I asked and they said just the main group counts.

August 15th, 2012, 12:28 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont check the subforums or stickies often, but I dont think its a bad idea to add the cloth diapering one you mentioned. I know Id read that one!!

August 15th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I often forget about them, too. I do think we should sticky the due date guess thread though!
turtlefly likes this.

August 15th, 2012, 07:00 PM
turtlefly's Avatar Veteran

August 15th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Calebs_Momma) View Post
I often forget about them, too. I do think we should sticky the due date guess thread though!
Out of room for stickies, but I added it to the important links thread under "Delivery Date/Weight Predictions".

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search