He's ADVANCED!! (6 month appointment)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2012, 07:25 AM
QueenBee_2012's Avatar Regular
Just got back from Laz's 6 month appointment. Because he's still 5 months I almost thought he wasn't going to be seen but it worked out!

So he is now 17.5 lbs, and 28 inches long. The doc was impressed by his strength and amazed by his standing and balance. She must have been so impressed that she mentioned it to the nurse who gave the shot's because the first thing she said when she came is was. "So I hear he's advanced. Standing is that right?". LOL! So yeah, she did say that he is indeed advanced and that he's perfect!

He did soooo well with his shots. Only cried for a couple of seconds. And I feel awful that I didn't give him tylenol before hand =(.
August 15th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
We could have told you he was doing things early. lol

I forgot to do Tylenol for Winter's last batch of shots. I got hers a little late, closer to 5 months, and she still has those dang knots in her legs. Not doing 6 months until the knots completely vanish. It's alright, momma! I'm sure you gave him plenty of kisses and hugs after.

I've been wondering a bit about your son being so physically advanced. My baby brother was like that. Rolling over at will before he was a month old, running by 7 months, and completely potty trained at 18. In him it was a sign of ADHD. Not saying your boy has it, but that was why my brother developed so quickly. He is gifted when it comes to sports. If he had stuck with it, I have no doubt he's be in major league baseball. Maybe these are the first signs of a professional baseball, football, or basketball player!
August 15th, 2012, 07:44 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hopefully the shots won't bother him too much.

these babies are growing up fast!
August 15th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
We could have told you he was doing things early. lol

I forgot to do Tylenol for Winter's last batch of shots. I got hers a little late, closer to 5 months, and she still has those dang knots in her legs. Not doing 6 months until the knots completely vanish. It's alright, momma! I'm sure you gave him plenty of kisses and hugs after.

I've been wondering a bit about your son being so physically advanced. My baby brother was like that. Rolling over at will before he was a month old, running by 7 months, and completely potty trained at 18. In him it was a sign of ADHD. Not saying your boy has it, but that was why my brother developed so quickly. He is gifted when it comes to sports. If he had stuck with it, I have no doubt he's be in major league baseball. Maybe these are the first signs of a professional baseball, football, or basketball player!
Thanks ladies, and thank, Spyctre you for telling me this. As he get's older and if he doesn't slow down, I will definitely run that past the pedi. It's surely something to watch for. In my other mommy group they call him superbaby and feels like he's going to be an olympian one day.. LOL! He's just trying to keep up with his 3 big brother's I like to think.
August 15th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome!

I was also going to say that maybe he'll be really athletic when he's older. Was he overdue? I've always wonder if babies that baked a little longer ended up being a bit more advanced.

I wouldn't worry about not giving the tylenol before the shots. I've actually read that some experts say NOT to do this because it may decrease the immune response. Here's an article talking about it: No Tylenol Before Shots for Infants | Seattle Mama Doc
Blue-Jay likes this.

August 15th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylittlemiss View Post
That's awesome!

I was also going to say that maybe he'll be really athletic when he's older. Was he overdue? I've always wonder if babies that baked a little longer ended up being a bit more advanced.

I wouldn't worry about not giving the tylenol before the shots. I've actually read that some experts say NOT to do this because it may decrease the immune response. Here's an article talking about it: No Tylenol Before Shots for Infants | Seattle Mama Doc
=). Nope, he came on his due date! He was quite active and painful to carry though. He wasn't BIG, he was just unruly. Thanks for the info, now I'm glad that I forgot the Tylenol and that I did that last two times also. Hehe!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search