Where are your babies excelling?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes
  • 2 Post By Girl IS my name
  • 2 Post By Iluvmybabies*
  • 3 Post By Blue-Jay
  • 2 Post By HubbysSweetheart
  • 2 Post By lovemylittlemiss
  • 2 Post By Spyctre
  • 2 Post By Alison79
  • 3 Post By .:Kati:.
  • 2 Post By ~Mindy~
  • 2 Post By RandE

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This isn't a competition! I'm just curious. What areas do your kiddos excel in, do you think? What do you think it might mean for them in the future. Let's all showcase our sweet babies a little.

Aubree seems to be excelling socially. She loves being in the middle of everything. My kangaroo plan seems to be backfiring some, just because she HAS to be in the thick of things. She loves to be cuddled by people and kissed on. She always puts on a great show for them. She's such a ham. She loves music too. She "sings" a long sometimes. That was a funny discovery, too. I wonder if she's going to be an extroverted, acting, public speaking, band nerd like her momma.
~Mindy~ and .:Kati:. like this.

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!
August 15th, 2012, 10:07 AM
QueenBee_2012's Avatar Regular
I'm new to the group but my LO excelled physically at a young age and is still doing so, so far. He's just very strong and has great balance. That and the fact that he picks up on things quickly has allowed him to reach milestones at an amazing rate.
August 15th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
She is perfectly average she sits great and stands holding onto stuff

My second was amazingly advanced she was cruising furniture by herself at 5mo and walking fully by 7mo mastered by 9mo but none of my kids have ever been 'smarter' then any other they all excelled in different ways
~Mindy~ and Girl IS my name like this.
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

August 15th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I think he's pretty average in most things, but he excels in blowing raspberries, lol!

August 15th, 2012, 02:15 PM
HubbysSweetheart's Avatar Little Jo married Laurie!
Chloe is ahead on some average on part and behind (maybe depending on who you talk to.... every search I've done comes up with different results so who knows?) on a few things.

She is/was ahead as far as interaction and her grasp/handling things skills she came out wide awake and alert.... wasn't a sleepy newborn period for her at all! She also smiled (real) and laughed early. Her muscle control is great she's just got no motivation to get any where fast lol i.e. crawling. She can hold herself up just fine (sitting), but balance is another thing!

I'm sure any day we will discover the army crawl as she has been trying several days in a row.

August 15th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Baby girl's motor skills seem to be ahead of her verbal skills. She doesn't do much of the "baba" "mama" type of babbling yet but is pretty strong. She could sit unassisted from 4.5 months and can now pull to stand. From probably her second week of life she's always wanted to be treated like a little lady. After week 2 she did NOT like to be held in a cradle hold position; she wanted to be held up right so she could see. She would scream if we held her in the cradle hold. I feel like she'll probably be a pretty inquisitive little girl. Hopefully she'll love learning just like Mom and Pop

August 15th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Winter is completely average. lol She's exactly where she should be physically and emotionally. She sits up well, can get to all fours, rolls over, scoots, eats well, head comes up with her body(YES!!!), and can stand strait up holding onto things. Emotionally, she likes to be sitting to view the people around her, she flirts to get things she wants, reaches for people she wants, she laughs, she uses "mom" and mimics other sounds, and is very interested in children. Average all around.

Very different from Alice. Alice was extremely advanced in vocabulary, mentally. Used 3 real words by 5 months, waved hi and bye, did hi fives, clapped, and was a lot calmer. Physically, she was the later side of normal. By 11 months she was telling me when she had to potty, and most of you know where that went. lol She didn't laugh. I can only recall one time where she laughed, and it was for a few seconds around 8 months. Her head would loll back when we brought her to sitting.

Both very different. I love my baby being average! lol

Last edited by Spyctre; August 15th, 2012 at 05:46 PM.
August 15th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gus is pretty average. I think one area he seems advanced in is his social skills. He was belly laughing pretty early and loves to "talk" with people.

August 15th, 2012, 06:55 PM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
I call kyler a pro eater still he chews like there is really something to chew and it's so funny. He's a very social baby,i believe he KNOWS who mama and dada is already. When shy leaves the room he says "dada" nonstop,When i walk past him he says mama.

August 16th, 2012, 04:37 AM
~Mindy~'s Avatar Full hands...Full ❤
Delilah is pretty average in most areas. If she excels at anything it's eating, lol! She says mama and dada. She loves to sing. When she hears music or someone sings to her she says "Ahhhhhhh" like she's singing along with them. Maybe we have a future superstar on our hands!
Girl IS my name and .:Kati:. like this.

Mindy ~ Mom to Dharma ~11
Leilani ~9
Dylan ~ 6
Malachi ~3
Delilah ~5 months

August 16th, 2012, 08:54 AM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pretty average and behind in some areas. He's ahead on fine motor skills like grasping toys passing them from one hand to the other turning them around picking things up and inspecting them with his thumb and forefinger etc. . He also says mama and gives high fives. He has some idea of the notion of object permanence- that when something leaves from his field of vision that its not gone forever. He drops things on the floor when hes being held and looks for them where he dropped them. He will also move toys to find something in particular.

He's behind on some physical things like holding his head up on his tummy and rolling over. He CAN roll from back to front but hates to due to hating tummy time. He can only hold his head up for about a minute or so before he gets tired and has to lay ot down. He can bear weight on his legs but for the most part goes noodly when I try to get him to stand. Lol

Last edited by RandE; August 16th, 2012 at 09:02 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search