For anyone using Johnson & Johnson products

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Shadeauxe
  • 1 Post By ub33422
  • 1 Post By shanirah
  • 1 Post By Shadeauxe
  • 1 Post By daisyprincess

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Clutch's Avatar First Timer
They said they'll remove all the cancer-causing chemicals from their products by 2015:

J&J removing harsh chemicals from products by 2015 - Wire Health & Science - The Sacramento Bee

I had no idea these products are dangerous! We've been bathing our baby with their "no more tears" stuff since she was born. I'm so angry right now, I could pop!

To anyone who has found a good product that ISN'T going to kill your baby, what are you using?

Last edited by Clutch; August 16th, 2012 at 04:52 AM.
August 16th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I have two different ones. California Baby and Earth Mother Angel Baby (or something like that, it's such a stupid name).

California Baby is easier to get, they have it at places like Target.

To check how safe/dangerous a product is, you can go to: Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | Environmental Working Group
Clutch likes this.
August 16th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Veteran
I'm of the school of thought - our parents used it on us and we're okay....

Understand that I am not condoning their use of harsh chemicals, its just that sometimes we tend to read too much into these types of articles.

J&J has had the gold standard for recalls for the last however many years they have been in business. And as far as I know, only 1 person has had an extreme adverse reaction to a recalled product - and even then, J&J paid that person's hospital bills and compensated the family.

Again, its just my opinion.

As for natural stuff I use California Baby or make my own.
Clutch likes this.
August 16th, 2012, 07:08 AM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
I use the nursery line of Lemongrass Spa products.
Clutch likes this.

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

August 16th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ub33422 View Post
I'm of the school of thought - our parents used it on us and we're okay....

Understand that I am not condoning their use of harsh chemicals, its just that sometimes we tend to read too much into these types of articles.

J&J has had the gold standard for recalls for the last however many years they have been in business. And as far as I know, only 1 person has had an extreme adverse reaction to a recalled product - and even then, J&J paid that person's hospital bills and compensated the family.

Again, its just my opinion.

As for natural stuff I use California Baby or make my own.
I would agree to an extent if the formulas had not changed in the past 40 years, but they're always evolving. Who knows what was in it when I was a child. Also, the problem with saying "we're ok" is that it would be almost impossible to trace back something that was "not ok" to a shampoo you used as a child.

I'm not saying it does cause cancer, but I can't say that it doesn't either. It is for that reason, that I choose to use something else.
Clutch likes this.
August 16th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Super Mommy
I use Honest products

https://www.honest.com/shop
Clutch likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search