Biting

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Spyctre

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2012, 04:00 PM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Now that Evan has two teeth, he has begun to bite me sometimes when he nurses. It really hurts! How do I stop this? Am I supposed to stop the nursing session when he does it? Does anyone else's baby do this? He bites about three times a day, but not when he's really tired.

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

August 17th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Veteran
I have seen mothers really go after their babies for this one but it is real easy....when he does it just take him off your breast tell him no and wait to bf again just a minute or so...then try again if he does it take him off the breast for a little longer...when you go back to bf just say with a smile no biting ok it hurts mommy.You'll be surprised that they will understand and it should stop.
:mommyDeAnna 7/28 Whitney 4/7 Naomi 6/24 Katerina 1/27 Gracie 5/25 Magdalina 6/8Berachiah 6/8 Peter 2/20 Deanna 19,whitney 15,Naomi 13,Katerina 8,Gracie 7,Magdalina 5,Berachiah 3,Peter 4 months and counting.
August 17th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Super Mommy
Isay OUCH (I usually can't control this part, haha) and I say no biting baby we don't do that, as I unlatch him. I wait a minute and try again. He usually doesn't bite me again. If he does, we are done with that nursing session. So far it has been working great. He hasn't bit me in forever now
August 17th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Robby doesn't have any teeth, but he sort of chews on my nipple, or like grinds my nipple between his gums -- it hurts!!! I always tell him NO in a firm voice and unlatch him immediately (because if he does this with teeth, my nipple will fall off, lol). It works, and I usually get at least 2 more "bite" free sessions afterwards.

September 1st, 2012, 04:33 PM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
Dang if i was breastfeeding i'd end it when the bitting starts.

September 1st, 2012, 09:01 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Rose will gum me sometimes, too, but it doesn't hurt. Alice bit me once. It hurt so much that my hand automatically flew to my nipple--only her body was in the way. So I smacked her, and it startled her so much she never bit again. I hope I don't smack this one as well.

I heard you are supposed to unlach them. I never got the chance to try.
HubbysSweetheart likes this.
September 1st, 2012, 09:07 PM
HubbysSweetheart's Avatar Little Jo married Laurie!
So far so good here... but she constantly wants to look around and will jerk her head without actually stopping the sucking... Do Not want to feel what a bit is like, this is bad enough thank you!

I would probably wind up accidently smacking her as well because of a reflex action.... hope to never find out!

September 1st, 2012, 09:41 PM
MissusF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been getting bit too. She only has one tooth but it is a sharp little sucker! I have no idea what to do about it. I yell "OWW!" and tell her no in a loud stern voice but she just looks at me :eyeroll:

Claire Ellene 2/13/12 8 lbs 6 oz 21"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search