Update on us with pictures!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2012, 06:39 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been super busy. We are still in the middle of renovating my husband's grandmother's house that we refinanced after we inherited. We have to move by the end of September and we still have flooring to be done, painting, and a tub to be installed. It will all be so worth it once we are out there though, we are paying $1000 a month in rent right now and will only be paying $340 out there. We are, though, going from a 2000sqft house to a 1050sqft house so we have had several garage sales (made over $800 so far!), trying to cut down on what we have. We are bringing just the basics and necessities and have to be as organized as possible in such a small house with four full time kids and two part time kids!

Other than that I did get offered the bank manager position, HOWEVER it didn't pay nearly enough. It only pays $5000 more a year and I would work way longer hours and have way more stress, and it just wasn't worth such a small difference for my sanity. I hate leaving the kids and am still having separation anxiety to an extent from Brayden..but I'm at least functioning and doing well where I am.

I do have another interview for a financial center leader this coming week with the same company, but paying $10k or more than I am making now which TOTALLY would make 5 extra hours a week worth it...

Brayden is doing well. He's still nursing, although he's started getting really aggressive...pawing at my boobs, stretching my nipples and popping off, and breaking latch repeatedly. My poor boobs are taking a beating, but I'm perservering. I do think its because he drinks out of a bottle during the day my expressed breastmilk so he gets it a lot quicker..so maybe he's frustrated with how much slower actual breastfeeding is? I hope he settles down soon!

He has yet to roll over. He has NO INTEREST in being set down and when you do he doesn't even attempt to roll. He will roll to his side to play with a toy but that's about it. He's still really bobbly head wise as well. He is super spoiled and insists on being held like 24/7 but we are trying to get him a bit more independent. Of course when I'm home from work all I want to do is hold him or nurse him or sleep with him.

We are still co-sleeping and that is going fantastic..except for the nights when Brayden moves alllllll night long, but I don't see us transitioning anytime soon (maybe around a year? we will see!).

Alex and Cadence start 1st grade and Prek4 respectively on Monday, so I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get things ready. Alex's teacher I couldn't have picked better for him..she has worked with children that have Aspergers and Autism Spectrum Disorders so she is WONDERFUL. I sat with her nearly an hour Friday at the parent teacher conference and feel way better about the school year for him. I'm hoping that he does better this year with a more understanding and educated teacher.

Brayden has his 4 month check up on Tuesday and I'm taking the day off because last time he screamed and screamed and stopped breathing a few hours after his shots so it terrifies me. I want to be home to nurse him and make him feel better and of course be here if anything goes wrong.

Here are some pictures! I hope everyone is doing well!

He loves those fingers!

Ethan loves his lil brother!

Brayden's favorite part of the day other than snuggling down at night with mommy...BATH TIME!

After bath time

Laughing at daddy! He's such a smiley baby!

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

August 20th, 2012, 06:08 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the update. Sounds like things are going well with you all, although busy. Brayden and Ethan are SO stinkin cute!!

=May '05 and '11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search