Baby left in car

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2012, 11:57 AM
KatyG's Avatar Super Mommy
I was folding clothes and watching the news yesterday and on the new they were talking about this woman who left her baby in the car in Texas. She was running errands with seven children all under the age of 7 and she left her 15 month old in his car seat. Almost 3 hours later when the dad came home he found the child unresponsive in his car seat and the baby was pronounced dead at the hospital. But anyway as it turns out I know that family. The mom's parents are friends with my parents. So if you have a spare moment today please send out thoughts or prayers for the family dealing with this tragedy they really are good people who just lost a child and had their other children taken away from them.
Corpus Christi woman free on bail after arrest following child
August 24th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Sending some their way for sure!

August 24th, 2012, 03:29 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
that is so sad....I can't imagine.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
August 24th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Thanks ladies
September 9th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
im glad the children are in a safe place, that was not ok on the mom and she needs to pay for her actions, that is allot of kids but she was responsible for them
September 11th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Veteran
There was another one in Louisiana - one of my friends colleagues left his 6 month old daughter in the car in a hospital (he's a doctor).

I don't know... I get some people forget, but don't people look in the rearview mirror when driving? Or at least check when you get out of the car? It's a habit of mine to check before getting in or getting out (it only takes a second) ... coz I forget my laptop/wallet all the time...
September 11th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Clutch's Avatar First Timer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissyS View Post
im glad the children are in a safe place, that was not ok on the mom and she needs to pay for her actions, that is allot of kids but she was responsible for them
Are you kidding? Could you imagine the pain a parent would feel in that situation? She'll be paying for the rest of her life! If tragedy struck and you/your SO accidentally left your child in a car, I'd have compassion for you instead of demanding you "pay" for your mistake on top of your unimaginable loss.
September 11th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Well no I'm not like excusing what happened even though it was accidental its still negligence. I was just saying I think it could happen to anybody. I don't know about you guys but I think it's easy to overlook a sleeping baby if you are distracted by other things. When the twins were a couple weeks old I asked if my mom could watch the twins so I could go out and get stuff for school. I planned on leaving both of them but last minute I took Noah. And a few minutes later I totally forgot I wasn't alone, I went to get gas and when I came back in the car he made a grunting noise but had he not done that I could have forgot and that scares me. What got me when I was watching the news the lady said this happens all the time and parents should put something important in backseat with the baby like your cell phone or your iPod lol what's more important than our babies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search