Wednesday Weigh-in

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
How are you doing with your weight so far this pregnancy? Are you happy with where you are?

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

August 29th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
I'm doing great!!!! I am only up 2 lbs since last month.... for a total of 17 lbs gained this pregnancy..... at 6 months I think thats awesome!!!

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 29th, 2012, 06:31 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
At my last apppointment last week I still haven't gained a whole pound.

I am overweight to begin with though, and the same thing happened with my last pregnancy. Then in the last month and a half I gained like, 20 lbs lol So I'm not worried about it!

My NP did say I could afford to gain some weight though (I NEVER thought I would hear somebody say that to me )
Gripstress likes this.
August 29th, 2012, 06:43 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I am very constipated at the moment, so my current weight isn't very accurate, but overall I'm pretty happy. I'm up about 4-5lbs from my low (still netting in the negatives, but no biggie). I'm glad I'm finally gaining, and happy that it's slow so I don't have much, if any, to lose when Caleb gets here. Now if I could maintain a slow and steady weight gain without being sick all the time, then I'd be ecstatic. But I guess you can't have everything
August 29th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be 26 weeks tomorrow - and am up 15 lbs. A little more than I had hoped but have been holding steady for a couple of weeks so maybe I just had a big growth spurt in July?

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

August 29th, 2012, 07:01 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm actually feeling a lot better about my gain than I was a few weeks ago when I had slid out of the normal gain. I stopped eating deserts and I'm trying to make healthier choices and I've maintained my weight without gaining any extra these past couple weeks. I'm 16 pounds up at 26 weeks and shooting for around a 25-30 pound gain by the end of the pregnancy. I'm hoping I stay on track! The GD test looming over my head is also keeping me in check. LOL
August 29th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So far I have lost 11 then gained 4 do I can't complain since I'm 26 weeks and 3 days with a 1lb9oz and a 1lb15oz babies. I'm sure I will start gaining soon enough.

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

August 29th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I'm up 19 lbs at almost 24 weeks. It's a little higher than I would like, but I'm not worried about it. I knew there was no way the 20-25 lbs she told me at the beginning would happen! I'm hoping I can keep it to just another 15 at the most, though. We'll see how it goes I guess.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

August 29th, 2012, 07:36 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm up 17 pounds at 26 weeks. Not bad but I wish it was less.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
August 29th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well even though my weight fell off a ledge initially with ms (-18ish) and even though I'm still down five, my MD is starting to hint at me that I'm gaining weight back too fast. I'm at about 4-5 pounds a month gain.

I'm happy with where I am because I am all baby, in my 6th month and almost 3rd trimester.

August 29th, 2012, 07:44 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
something HAS to be messed up because I had only gained a total of 11 pounds at 21 weeks, and then at my last appointment they said I had gained another 11 pounds! so 22 pounds total! Even the doctor said that HAS to just be water retention because my body fat hasn't really increased anywhere (except my boooobays). I'm freaking out about it... She said I really shouldn't gain more than 30 and I don't know what to do.

August 29th, 2012, 07:56 AM
The Truth is out There
I haven't gained a pound. I'm down 5lbs and it's kind of becoming a sore subject for me, just because EVERYONE seems to think it's a huge deal that I'm not getting fat. I get so many lectures!
The only people who don't mention it are my midwife and DH. I try to remember that if my midwife isn't concerned, then it doesn't matter. And I've told people that too. "My midwife isn't worried so it's fine. Now, how was your day?"
tricia_16_ and Gripstress like this.

August 29th, 2012, 08:14 AM
ash29nc's Avatar Super Mommy
12 for me im very happy with my gain

August 29th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm up 5 pounds so far at 26 weeks, which I'm very happy with. I am a bit concerned about what's going to happen in the next few months though. Of course with the new scare of needing to keep my bp down so that I don't get high risked out of my midwife's care there's going to be lots more activity going on. That should help control it. I start my prenatal yoga class next week too...

August 29th, 2012, 09:37 AM
BraidensMommy's Avatar Veteran
I haven't weighed in a while, but last time I did, I still hadn't gained any. I was actually down 28 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight.

August 29th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Veteran
I feel pretty good about my gain so far.... I'm a tad overweight to begin with so my goal is no more than 20-25 by the end. I am 24 weeks tomorrow and up 9 lbs. Hopefully I don't gain more than 15 more through the next few months!
August 29th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Let's just say.... This better be one BIG baby!!!! hahahahah

I always gain too much. I lose it all after baby comes so Im trying to not stress about it! This is the last time in my life I can eat what I want and not worry, lol!
Marie.sThrees likes this.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

August 29th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm up 21 lbs at 24 weeks.

Daffney

August 29th, 2012, 10:45 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Holding steady for the past couple weeks at 135-136. It goes back and forth.

At 24 weeks a total gained of 17 pounds I'm happy with that.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
August 29th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
I'm very happy with my weight gain or lack thereof. I was down 20 and up 4 from that so down 16. I was so sick that I worried I'd gain really fast once I started gaining but that's 4 in 2 months so not too bad at all. I also have the GD testing looming and I just know I will fail the 1 hour at least. Ugh. I'm really hoping I don't gain more than 20 total so I'd be at my pre-pg weight when I deliver. Wouldn't that be nice! I'm overweight to begin with.

Kelly-I really can't believe they'd even mention your weight...you are TINY to begin with so what could it hurt to gain some while pg? Hmm.

Maggie(MLC)-Must be water, you look great and 11lbs is alot to gain that quick...I'm saying water and constipation maybe.

Brittany-People need to mind their own...
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search