REALLY important question...(yeah, it's sarcasm)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is a toughie. I try to shave but end up looking like a chemo patient with just random patches of hair missing. I need to be better but seriously that is the least of my concerns right now!
MarlowesMum likes this.

Daffney

August 31st, 2012, 05:36 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, I did some thinking overnight, and I think I'm just going to go for it! I have a very nice waxing lady who has done this for me for years, and armed with Dawn's tylenol suggestion, I think I'm going to give it a try. Why not?

Thanks for the courage - ladies!
August 31st, 2012, 09:13 AM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
I would never put hot wax on my lady parts but especially now since my skin is ultra sensitive.

I can still sort of see so I just keep the hedges tidy with an electric razor and mirror. Once the view is completely blocked, ill give the landscaping duties to the hubs.

August 31st, 2012, 09:59 AM
The Truth is out There
Well Maggie, you're a braver soul than I am! But then I never got waxed before I got pregnant.
I can still see somewhat, if I crane my neck so I'll just keep on keeping on until it gets too difficult. Then we'll see how important my being tidy is to DH... Lol

August 31st, 2012, 11:31 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
I shaved last weekend and told DH that will be the last time until the baby comes lol I will groom somewhat, but that's all. Not a huge priority for eiehter of us, to be honest.
MarlowesMum likes this.
August 31st, 2012, 12:00 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Completely understand Tricia! Honestly, my DH doesn't care either and this is entirely for me. I'm tired of having a jungle in my pants.
August 31st, 2012, 12:20 PM
Crystalici0us4's Avatar Aubree Lynn's Mommy<3<3
Oh Maggie, you are SO brave! I've always wanted to get waxed down there because it makes it so much smoother than shaving & it lasts a lot longer than shaving does. But I'm such a baby when it comes to pain (which, I know it cant be worse than going thru labor, right?). I couldn't imagine getting it done with how sensitive pregnant skin is. I would scream while it was happening, and most definitely cry after the first strip gets pulled. The only thing I've actually gotten waxed was my eye brows, and my eyes water when I get them done, which is about once a month.

Funny, about a year & a half ago, I bought a tub of hot (microwavable) wax and strips. I tried doing down there.. the first strip I pulled, it hurt so bad, and it didn't even get anything cuz my dumba$$ didn't follow directions & the hair was too short! Then I tried my legs since that's what I actually got it for, and same thing. Haha

Last edited by Crystalici0us4; August 31st, 2012 at 12:26 PM.
August 31st, 2012, 12:20 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol, oh Maggie. let us know how it goes. If its not horrible I think I'll make an appointment

August 31st, 2012, 01:54 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YES!!! Maggie you go first & then report back to me . This is a much better plan

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

August 31st, 2012, 03:47 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im hoping you come back and tell us it was about the same as when youre not preggo... I would love to do it, but could use the encouragement and borrowed experience first!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
August 31st, 2012, 08:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlowesmum View Post
completely understand tricia! Honestly, my dh doesn't care either and this is entirely for me. I'm tired of having a jungle in my pants.
roflmao!

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search