REALLY important question...(yeah, it's sarcasm)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2012, 10:41 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So what's the general consensus on getting your ahem lady parts waxed while pregnant?Because I've got to tell you, I just can't see ANYTHING down there any more.

I'd like to say that I'm trying to be diligent with the shaving and stuff...but come on...I've been married almost 10 years, and the only time my lovely white arse has been shoved in a bathing suit this summer has been at home on my own back deck.

So, without entirely grossing you all out (too late, right?) I'd very much LIKE to be better about this maintenance.

Does anyone else still get waxed these days? What are your OB's positions on this?
anna.rose, Twist and Becky_78 like this.
August 30th, 2012, 10:43 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was seriously about to ask the same question. I can't even reach to groom anymore.. haha

August 30th, 2012, 11:01 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never been waxed there before. It sounds painful and I think it's worse during pregnancy because of the increased blood flow especially down there. I'm making DH shave me up tomorrow because I can't reach and can't take it anymore. Ahaha.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
August 30th, 2012, 11:09 AM
ash29nc's Avatar Super Mommy
Im with.anna dh has been doing my grooming for a few weeks lol kinda like foreplay for him tmi right lol

August 30th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I havent done it while pregnant, but I have been thinking about it, especially later when I just dont wanna do the work myself! I am not concerned enough to ask my dr about it. One time I went, the girl told me about her instructor who had someone come to the hospital and do a brazilian after she got her epidural! lol I took that to mean it would be just fine to do while pregnant. I do wonder if it would hurt more because of the extra blood flow, though.
Twist likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
August 30th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a pretty natural lady, although I do do a bit of grooming. I do love to get my legs waxed though. I don't think that I'd wax my hooha at this point though. Sounds painful normally and right now sounds like torture. I've heard about the extra sensitivity because of increased blood flow too. Plus I have this vision of some kind of ingrown hair issue that I can't reach...

I don't think I've ever heard that you're not supposed to do it, although I do seem to remember something about Brazilian not being a good idea. Don't know if that was because of infection or what...

August 30th, 2012, 11:24 AM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not normally a baby about Brazilians, but I cant even my UPPER lip wax without crying because my skin in sooooooo sensitive while pregnant... must be all the extra blood

Enlist your hub and have him take care of it for you instead

August 30th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
#1 - I am reaching the point where shaving is near impossible. For sure I can't really see anything and have been going by feel for a couple of weeks (the land strip is a bit more like a landing line at this point...) but now I think my arms are getting too short as well.

#2 - It doesn't help that today I realized my razor is completely dull since LUCY hasn't been reminding me to change my razor! Seriously! I thought we had a deal

#3 - I set up a waxing appt with my friend's girl for 3 weeks from now. Enough time for things to grow in long enough...and for me to get my nerve up. AHH!!!

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

August 30th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Crystalici0us4's Avatar Aubree Lynn's Mommy<3<3
I'm too much of a baby to get waxed down there. I don't think getting it done when pregnant is an issue, but I would ask your ob. I'm still shaving myself, its getting a lot harder to do. Mike refuses to help, I think he's afraid he will cut me down there lol. When it gets to the point of being impossible, I'm going to get a mirror & start doing it out of the shower. That's the only thing I can think of to be able to keep up with it myself since Mike wont do it for me.
August 30th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Holy Wah ladies...I wouldn't get a brazilian anyway! I've done the landing strip waxing a few times over the past 10 years (usually for bikini-friendly vacations) and it's not horrible. But there's something about butt hairs + wax + strange hands that just equals bad to me.

I think the prudent thing to do would be to wait until Becky gets hers done in 3 weeks. Yeah...that sounds like the safe bet. Until then, I clearly need to make some time for myself with some scissors, a fresh razor and a couple of mirrors in the bathroom to make things manageable again.
August 30th, 2012, 12:35 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ouch! My skin gets so sensitive when I preggers, I had my eyebrows waxed while pregnant before and OMG, it was so painful, swollen and I actually bled! My skin is already really sensitive so I really shouldn't have been surprised.
As for me, I amazingly can still finagle shaving but I had an accident last week and shaved off way more than I should have on one side so I had to start over and go totally bare. Not cool! I don't know how much longer I'll be able to maintain, but I'm going to try to for as long as I can. I might take Crystal's suggestion and just start using a mirror. DH is more than willing to help out (and actually disturbingly excited about the thought), but I am too afraid he'll cut me. Way too afraid he'll cut me.
August 30th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Oh wow, you're brave! I did the waxing once, right before our wedding, and that was a once and done experience for me. It actually really wasn't even that terrible pain wise, I just don't feel a need to do it again, but definitely not while pregnant! I'll be interested to see how it goes for you, though. Thankfully I'm not having this problem just yet.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

August 30th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh gee wiz...thanks Maggie! I'll be sure to report back immediately . I have actually had a few brazillians, it's not my favorite but it wasn't terrible. Now that I've read this thread though, it's sounding like a much worse idea.

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

August 30th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky_78 View Post
Oh gee wiz...thanks Maggie! I'll be sure to report back immediately . I have actually had a few brazillians, it's not my favorite but it wasn't terrible. Now that I've read this thread though, it's sounding like a much worse idea.
If the doctor recommends it, it has to be good, right?
...waiting with bated breath.
August 30th, 2012, 02:17 PM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh wow! I could not get one done myself but more power too you! For now I am still shaving about everyother day, and when that stops Ill enlist the help of the hubby.

August 30th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am strongly considering it!! To reach I now have to hold my breath, suck in my tummy as much as possible, and push my hips forward as far as able. I still can't see a thing!

DH would do it but especially with this pregnancy I like my private and quiet shower time!

August 30th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What Ive always done is just shave the bikini area up until about 35 or 36 weeks where I, umm, just shave it all off (DH helps, lol!) so by the time of delivery I have a little growth, but not much. I would be too embarrassed to give birth with NOTHING there, lol, looks unnatural to me.... But thats JMO.

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

August 30th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Momma_Mia's Avatar Super Mommy
i have never gone anywhere to have it done..just took care of my own business. I will admit i have slacked a bit and busted out DH electric shaver to just do a quick buzz to keep it trimmed but by no means not the same as a razor i didnt have the energy to put much detail into it but figured it worked for now
taatie10 likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum

August 30th, 2012, 05:59 PM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
I'm getting pretty good at the shaving blindly since it seems like I've been pregnant for the last 3 years. So I hvaen't been able to see a dang thing down there for awhile. But yeah...I'm going to end up getting a brazillian in a few weeks I think when I go to my hair show. (they need people to volunteer for waxing while people are learning, so I may as well step up to the plate..not to mention get my legs and armpits waxed while I'm at it.) Just make sure you take some tylenol first
August 30th, 2012, 07:14 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalici0us4 View Post
I'm too much of a baby to get waxed down there. I don't think getting it done when pregnant is an issue, but I would ask your ob. I'm still shaving myself, its getting a lot harder to do. Mike refuses to help, I think he's afraid he will cut me down there lol. When it gets to the point of being impossible, I'm going to get a mirror & start doing it out of the shower. That's the only thing I can think of to be able to keep up with it myself since Mike wont do it for me.
I'm with you nearly 100% on this.
I'm such a baby and am terrified of getting my legs waxed let alone down there.
I wont even ask DH to do it because he cant even stand to get in the shower if I'm shaving my leg. So I know the answer would be H*** no.
I'm still able to reach now but seeing is becoming more and more difficult. So it will be get out a mirror.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search