saw the new dr yesterday

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crystalcherry

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2012, 05:58 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This may be full of typos since I'm having to use my phone, sorry.

I have to say that this was the longest OB appt ever, maybe even a world record! They had me come in at 2:30,and I went back at 3:00 but I didn't leave until 5:45 and then didn't get home until 8:30. We went over my history in detail. I swear he asked the same question 3 different ways before we would move on to the next. He was not happy at all that I was having another baby with all of the problems I have had in the past. He mentioned the dreaded "C" word quite a few times. His main concern is that i have had an inter-uterine surgery with a vertical incision. He is calling the Dr that did it to see how deep he cut before we make a decision. He told me to just keep an open mind since he only has a 3% c-section rate and would only do it if he felt it was best for me & the baby. I have to stay on the Procardia for contractions but I do get to drop one of my other BP meds since its really not making a difference so i will be on 2 and not 3. He sent me for an u/s and the placenta previa is no longer an issue. The baby is now transverse which is great since it keeps extra pressure off of my cervix. He was 2lbs 8oz, I know u/s can be off some, but it concerned him since I gained 6lbs in 2 weeks and im not eating enouh to gain that much. He had been measuring behind on every u/s but is now 2 weeks ahead and my uterus measurement is 3 weeks ahead. I have to go back in a week for my GTT to make sure its not GD making him so big. Right now the goal is to keep me pg 2 weeks at a time. I love the fact that he is making a game plan then we make changes the further I get. He said by 32 weeks we will be shifting gears from preterm labor to focusing on Pre-E. He called his friend, a high risk OB, and we did a conference call. As of right now the MFM dr does not have admitting privilages at thehospital I will be at but he will by Nov. He agreed to follow me on the weeks that I dont see the regular OB and even though he does not take Tricare I will only be billed the normal Tricare ammounts. I have to do my 24hr urine sometime in the next week. I have the jug but i can do it when I want. He did not check me because he sent me to the hospital for the FFT test & it can effect the results. He had me take a dose of procardia before i went so we could see how well it was stopping things. It took forever at the hospital. I had 3 small contractions while I was there but they weren't too bad. The FFT was negative so I know I will make it to atleast 28 weeks. I think he is a good fit for us. I love that he took his time and is actually concerned with what is going on. He was raised 45min from where I am from so we have things to talk about. He was joking to the nurses that I was already a pain after the first appt but said he thinks he will enjoy working with me.
~* Natasha *~ likes this.

August 31st, 2012, 06:14 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I'm so glad it went well, Crystal!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

August 31st, 2012, 07:15 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great to hear he is so thorough and he seems like he will really take good care of you. Also, awesome about the negative FFN! Wow, 2 lbs 8 oz, our babies are already getting so big.
August 31st, 2012, 07:24 AM
BraidensMommy's Avatar Veteran
That's wonderful that we've found a good doctor that you like! I hope everything goes well for you and baby, and that baby stays inside baking for a while longer!

August 31st, 2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenbelle View Post
Great to hear he is so thorough and he seems like he will really take good care of you. Also, awesome about the negative FFN! Wow, 2 lbs 8 oz, our babies are already getting so big.
By all of the charts he should still be well under 2lbs so apparently he is jist extra chunky.

August 31st, 2012, 07:49 AM
Ahh, well that is great that he's big just in case he comes early then. I hope you GD test goes well. I think I'm going to take mine on Tuesday, what day are you taking yours?
August 31st, 2012, 07:54 AM
They called this morning and said he does not have a morning appt until the 10th. He requires fasting for the one hour and I don't think I could make it till 2 or 3 without eating. Is anyone else beong forced to fast for the 1 hour?

August 31st, 2012, 08:02 AM
Twist's Avatar Super Mommy
he sounds AMAZING! i'm so glad you have someone who can show a real concern for you!

August 31st, 2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalcherry View Post
They called this morning and said he does not have a morning appt until the 10th. He requires fasting for the one hour and I don't think I could make it till 2 or 3 without eating. Is anyone else beong forced to fast for the 1 hour?
My dr strongly suggested it and I will definitely be following his advice considering I failed my one hour with my son's pregnancy and I ate before I went! Anything to avoid that 3 hour test.
August 31st, 2012, 10:03 AM
The Truth is out There
Glad the appointment went well! Your new dr sounds great.

August 31st, 2012, 11:03 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome! I am so happy you found a rockin' doctor finally! Now bake, baby, bake!

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
August 31st, 2012, 01:00 PM
Super Mommy
First of, I am glad the appt went well and it sounds like he is a very thorough and caring doctor! I hope the GD test goes well for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalcherry View Post
When I took the 1 hour GD test w/pregnancy #1-#4 they told me to fast for the 1 hour, but when I went to take it for #5 and #6 they said I didn't have to fast anymore. I fasted anyway because I kept hearing stories about women who didn't fast beforehand and failed the 1 hour so they had to take the 3 hour and then passed the 3 hour test.

August 31st, 2012, 06:56 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
That sounds like an awesome Dr for you to have. So happy he seems to be making game plans that can adjust and not just saying here it is how its going to be no matter what. Jealous you got to see LO. And can I say already over 2lbs. Sounds like somebody is going to be a chunker.
Oh and yeah for negative FFN.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
September 1st, 2012, 07:14 AM
Veteran
Glad he took so much time with you. I didn't realize that you were having so many problems but I have been gone for a while. Sounds like your new doctor is still a ways from you though?
September 1st, 2012, 04:23 PM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad you were finally able to get a new doctor and he seems great! You have a big boy baking in there. I hope things continue to go well for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search