Horrible, terrible appointment

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2012, 10:43 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everything is good with the baby as far as we're aware but I was told a lot of things I didn't want to hear. He told me viability is over 90% right now but at least 50% have heart, brain, and lung issues if born this early. He said he's happy I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing but that clearly it may not be enough. I have to go in once a week now for ultrasounds to measure my cervix, to get a FFN test, and just to be seen. If things don't get under control, I'll be in the hospital. I'm going to vomit... and then go back to the hospital in less than 2 hours for my first weekly u/s. He was very nice, but also very honest. I don't want to hear honesty anymore.

Updated: (X-posted from FB group) The doctor called back with my u/s results and said right now everything looks good. My cervix is in the 90% at 5.1 cm. Once it's down to 10% and if I'm not term is when I have no choice but to be in the hospital most likely. Baby looked good as well. A huge sigh of relief for me.

I should be happy that he's not a sugar coater and proactive it was just SO much at once that I literally felt sick. Thanks for listening to my crazy. crazy insanity filled life right now.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Last edited by anna.rose; August 31st, 2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Update
August 31st, 2012, 10:54 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry Anna. Hopefully everything stays where it is and you won't be in the hospital. Are they still giving you the steroid shots?

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

August 31st, 2012, 10:58 AM
dickersons09's Avatar Expecting #2
As awful as it may be and as hard as it may be to find arrangements for your little girl, it might be best for you to be in the hospital because you can rest...I know it's not the ideal situation, but at least you will know you won't be allowed to over do it.

I hope it doesn't resort to that - but stay positive if it does! I will keep you in my T&P
August 31st, 2012, 11:12 AM
Thanks ladies. I was being a bit dramatic at the time I think but after crying to my aunt and DH, I think I feel a bit better now. It was just a lot to take in all at once and felt like a train hitting me about how serious this could end up being. I mean, I knew it was serious but I was fully convinced it was manageable until term. Now, he's making me feel less confident about that. I am glad he's being proactive about this though.

August 31st, 2012, 11:22 AM
The Truth is out There
Sending thoughts and prayers your way. I hope you will be able to stay home and not have to go to the hospital.
As hard as having to be in the hospital might be, it might help.

Praying that your LO stays put and that you're able to feel peace no matter whether you are able to stay home or if you have to go in.

August 31st, 2012, 12:09 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like this doc is great, Anna. Optimistic happy doctors are great too - but I'd rather have the truthful doc any day of the week.

Feel free to keep venting. You've got every right, and we're here for an electronic hug (it feels fuzzy...but warm) whenever you need it. Particularly if you end up in the hospital and get really bored, and no one will bring you taco bell.

August 31st, 2012, 12:17 PM
Super Mommy
So sorry to hear all of this! talk as much as you want. I am here to listen/read.

I know the honesty can suck too but I'm super glad he is being proactive and on top of it! That is always better than ignoring the problems and doing nothing. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers girl!
August 31st, 2012, 12:18 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow that's a lot to take in, you have a right to be overwhelmed! And dearest never worry about venting here, T&Ps are our specialty! I'm happy your doc is being upfront about what's going on! Better to know now than when it's too late.

Rest, rest, rest!!

August 31st, 2012, 12:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Anna I'm sorry that you had such an icky appt, but I agree with the pps that I think it's better to have an honest doc that really takes an interest and makes sure you're taken care of. Nothing is set in stone and I'm hoping and praying that all of this worry and stress will be for nothing and he'll keep cooking for a long time still. Hugs mama, and as everyone else has said, venting is what we're here for! That and entertainment so take full advantage of both!

August 31st, 2012, 12:37 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear about the scared straight talk your dr gave you, all that info sounds very daunting. I'm glad to hear your dr is being so proactive though so that your little one bakes for as long as possible. Also remember that every week that you stay pregnant, your little one stands a better chance so even though those stats look bad now, keep on asking each week and I bet the news will get better and better. Sending hugs!!
Momma_Mia likes this.
August 31st, 2012, 12:51 PM
Super Mommy
I am sorry . Please feel free to vent here anytime, that is what we are here for. Sending you positive thoughts and prayers that the little one stays cooking. Try to rest as much as you can and keep us posted.

August 31st, 2012, 01:52 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh sweet! Sending you lots of hugs & positive vibes!!!! I agree, I would rather a doc give it to me straight then sugar coat it...but it isn't too pleasant to hear. I know you can do what you need to keep you & your LO safe & healthy - I believe in you!!

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

August 31st, 2012, 02:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't want this to come out the wrong way, but if you can make it to 29 weeks all those risks and incidence of issues drops significantly. I'm so sorry that you are having to go through this.
gardenbelle likes this.

Daffney

August 31st, 2012, 03:44 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im sorry youre having to deal with all of this. But I am glad your dr is being proactive and upfront about it all. I agree, keep thinking about how each week, each day even, makes your baby stronger and healthier. Keep doing what youre doing, keep baking and relaxing-as hard as I know that is. Lots of positivity coming to you!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
August 31st, 2012, 03:55 PM
Momma_Mia's Avatar Super Mommy
Im sorry Anna but it does sound like you have a good Dr. It may not be the news you want to hear but at least its the truth and its better to be in the know...even when the truth still kind of sucks...but she is doing good and they have a nice plan (although it may be a pain in the butt plan) to make sure she stays that way.

Thank you Jaidynsmum

August 31st, 2012, 07:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Maybe I missed this, but are you dilating at all? Or just having a lot of cx?

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)

August 31st, 2012, 08:21 PM
Just a ton of contractions. Cervix is good and all but doctor is not chancing it. They're pretty strong when I've been on the monitor.

August 31st, 2012, 08:28 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like we have the same dr I know this mess sucks and turns you into a complete basketcase. I keep reminding myself that stressing is just making it worse on my body. Those are some really good cervical measurements, mine were 4.3 yesterday which is still "okay". Just keep taking it day buy day. Sometimes things are out of our hands which makes it even harder for us moms since we feel like we should be able to fix everything. Have you done any online research into magneiseum pills? They are supposed to do something naturally to stop contractions. Send me a message if you need to talk.

August 31st, 2012, 08:46 PM
I messaged you. I'm going to have to ask about magnesium because he may get upset with me for not consulting him first.

September 1st, 2012, 07:00 AM
Veteran
That must have been very stressful for you. Take it easy. Every day you are getting closer to a healthier baby!
Kristy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search