Decreased movement scare

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By taatie10

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2012, 06:45 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Sorry kinda long. But all good in the end
So I noticed last night that Samantha wasnt moving much early on in the evening like usual and then the thought crossed my mind a little after dinner since that is when she kicks into high gear. Well I feel asleep on the couch right after that.
This morning I was worried because she still wasnt moving much even when I poked and pushed at her. Totally afraid I was going to be taking a trip to Ob Triage this morning.
I wasnt sure what the kick count requirements were, so I did a little searching online and printed a chart out. My mom tried to reassure me but there was no not calling my OB this time since I got yelled at for not calling after the fall.
So I counted 14 kicks/ movements between 920 and 1020. Still not what she normally does so I was still really worried since it'd been over a day that she wasnt her active self.
Called the Nurse at my OB and she totally put my mind at ease. Said my Dr wants 10 kicks in an hour. Even though that is below LO's norm, she said its good that just means she's an over achiever
Said if I was really tired last night, (which I was exhausted) then she wouldnt move much. Also she still has some room to move in there so I might not feel every movement. Then said she was very proud of me for calling
So I feel much better, and had to tell my mom everything she told me is what the nurse told me. When isnt mom right.
I know I need to rest for the weekend because Peanut & I am both wiped out. Probably all because I put in 6 hours of overtime this week at work.
~* Natasha *~ likes this.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
August 31st, 2012, 07:11 PM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Phew! I remember that with DD. I hated when she was having a lazy day, but yes 10 kicks and in hour is the norm. Glad it all turned out!

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
August 31st, 2012, 08:16 PM
Momma_Mia's Avatar Super Mommy
you do have an active lil girl...all that kickin has to wear a lil girl out glad that all is okay!!

Thank you Jaidynsmum

August 31st, 2012, 08:21 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have also noticed that right around a big growth spurt movements slow down. Glad things were fine and she was just resting some.

August 31st, 2012, 08:26 PM
Dhartanya's Avatar Paleo Mommy-to-be
I'm lucky if feel 10 a day
Annoying anterior placenta

August 31st, 2012, 08:55 PM
The Truth is out There
I haven't felt much lately, but I googled it and apparently a lot of women have slow down of movements right around 23 weeks and it picks back up at 24 weeks so I'm trying not to be worried.
I haven't gotten to the point where I can constantly feel her yet. Really looking forward to that!

September 1st, 2012, 03:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do the same thing, even though it can vary a lot with positioning and placental placement at this point. Get used to it, you will spend the rest of your life worrying!

Daffney

September 1st, 2012, 07:37 PM
rucca1002's Avatar Veteran
I am glad to hear that everything turned out ok!!

I have been having some anxiety over his movement the past two weeks and have talked to the doctor's office twice about it. He just isn't moving in the same patterns he was previously and there are days where I end up feeling nothing (those are the ones that really scare me). They tell me to drink orange juice, lay on my left hand side for an hour and see how many kicks I get. The first time I did it, I got way over 10, which was great. Then a few days ago, I did the same thing and only felt 7. I freaked out! But.... he has been moving fine since. So who knows.... I try not to stress over it, but it is so hard!
September 1st, 2012, 10:02 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Its just so hard not to worry when LO's pattern changes. You get used to feeling and just expect it.
I cant help but worry after working in OB field and seeing cord accidents and demise's all the way up to 38 weeks. Just leave that thought in the back of your head that She is never truly safe until she's here.
But talking to DR gave me reassurance and I now know there guidelines of okay and when to worry.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
September 3rd, 2012, 07:24 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Glad everything turned out ok!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting a baby boy in February!

{Our family blog}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search