Shades of Gray

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2012, 07:10 PM
~* Natasha *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~* Natasha *~
Was the blood test you are having done called the Harmony Screen?

We were given the choice of doing the amnio, but when we chose not to (because of the risk of possibility of termination... 1/100??) our HR Dr. strongly suggested we have the Harmony Screen done which is non-invasive and is simply a blood test that would test my blood for the baby's DNA.

Our last u/s did show that baby's kidneys were slightly enlarged (4.0 mm is considered "normal," LinLeigh's measured 4.9 mm) which is considered a "soft marker" for chromosomal defect when accompanied by another indication (triple screen?). My regular OB tells us though, that they do not get alarmed unless the size gets larger than 10. We are praying that when we have our next u/s with the HR Dr that baby's kidneys appear at least no larger than they were this last time.

I had the Harmony test done a little over two weeks ago and we got our results back this past Monday and Praise The Lord we got good results.

I'm praying that you also get favorable results!
September 2nd, 2012, 07:36 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never heard it called anything in particular, actually. I had 3 soft markers on my ultrasound-femur and humorus length and nuchal fold thickness. Then they did the blood test that measured hormones, 3 of which were higher/lower and raised the chances of Downs, trisomy 21, to 1/46. The genetic counselor drew blood for a test that will basically count the number of chromosome 21 in my blood, Downs would have 3 rather than 2 so the number would be higher than normal if it is positive. This is how she explained it all to me. She said its been in clinical use for less than a year. It does sound like the same test.

I am so glad your results came back with great news! And thank you for the prayers! I appreciate them!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search