Where are you...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Where are you planning to give birth?
Hospital 28 84.85%
Birthing Center 3 9.09%
Home 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By LindseyF
  • 1 Post By Cassie.S
  • 1 Post By BeckyBozeman
  • 1 Post By Gripstress
  • 1 Post By Shades of Grey

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2012, 08:10 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where are you planning to give birth? Ive been torn and all over the place. Just curious what our ratio is. Do you have specific reasons for your choice?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
September 3rd, 2012, 08:55 AM
Super - Mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Hospital! I feel most comfortable with that choice.
September 3rd, 2012, 09:01 AM
Veteran
Hospital, insurance won't cover midwife.....bummer. However, my dr is awesome.
September 3rd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i have such a high risk with it being twins that it was the only safe choice. I had dd in a hospital too though. I feel safest there for the babies sake incase they need some form of breathing help or any other problems the baby might have after birth. But I could also see the home birth being good. less stress and no rules on what you can and cannot do.

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

September 3rd, 2012, 09:47 AM
LindseyF's Avatar Expecting 2nd Dec Baby!
I've got a midwife and a doula, and the hospital I'll be delivering at has a new, more 'natural feeling' birthing center I plan to use, so I felt it was a win-win. My second choice would've definitely been the local birthing center!
Gripstress likes this.
September 3rd, 2012, 09:57 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Hospital. We don't have separate birthing centers, but our hospital just built a brand new birth center last year and I'm really excited about it! It looks really nice online and I can't wait to go tour it!
Gripstress likes this.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

September 3rd, 2012, 10:12 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hospital. I don't have much choice at this point... well I do but going against that would be a dumb choice on my part. My hospital will let you birth how you please and they don't hum or haw over your choices unless you've got some sort of complication. It's all on the doctor you have and the hospital you choose. Plus, if something catastrophic happens with you or baby, you're safest in the hospital.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
September 3rd, 2012, 10:30 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Hospital. It is called the Family Birthing Center but its not really a birthing center. It is just a wing all its own on the end of the hospital. Has separate entrance, 2 separate OR's, a critical care nursery in case baby needs extra care, otherwise baby stays in the room the whole time, and all the rooms are private labor/delivery/recovery so you stay in the same room the whole time. Each have a mini fridge, fold out sofa bed, flat screen TV, and wi-fi. It is a really nice place and am looking forward to delivering there.

We have one hospital in our town. Only one for 35-40 miles, so its the only place my OB has privileges. Also it is the hospital that my insurance is through since I work for them. So all my inpatient charges will be covered 100% after $400 copay.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
September 3rd, 2012, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We'll be at my midwife's birth center. Our local hospital is not great and has a high C-section rate so I want to avoid it unless necessary. MW has equipment and drugs at the birth center, we will be the only ones there at that time and it's only 4 minutes from the hospital, just in case. If something were to be really wrong with the baby, we'd be airlifted to a larger city anyway, as our hospital doesn't have a NICU. Our insurance doesn't cover the midwife and birth center, but we decided that it was worth paying for it out of pocket to have the birth we wanted. It's really nice always seeing the same person for appointments and knowing that she will be there for the birth and not whoever just happens to be around. I also trust her completely and know that she will do everything she can to give us the birth we want without ever putting me or baby at risk.
Gripstress likes this.

September 3rd, 2012, 02:46 PM
KarenHaley's Avatar Veteran
Hospital. Haven't looked into anything else. I just want to get it over with!

September 3rd, 2012, 03:33 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since I found a new doctor I will be at a women's only hospital. It's not a birthing center but 99% of the patients are OB. They also handle all other womens health there even boob jobs.The NICU is in the hospital right down the road. I have always wanted to do a home water birth but I have never been able to since I have been high risk with all of them.

September 3rd, 2012, 04:12 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm planning on giving birth at the local hospital that's about 15 minutes away instead of the large one I gave birth at previously. I chose to switch because I'm afraid I might have another quick labor again like last time and I don't want to give birth in route to the hospital.
The reason I chose a hospital this time around is because I've hemorrhaged with both my previous births, but my first birth was a serious bleed. 30 minutes after my first birth, I began to hemorrhage due to placenta accreta that wasn't caught previously (it was a mild case, but enough to make the placenta not come out) and it was quite an emergency situation with a surgery and blood transfusions. I'm afraid if something like that happens again, I wouldn't have enough time to get to a hospital, so I feel the safest giving birth in a hospital.
September 3rd, 2012, 06:14 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
hospital.. having a scheduled csection
September 3rd, 2012, 06:49 PM
~Landon's Mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will deliver this baby at the same place as my son was born. I will labor, deliver and recover in one room, no moving rooms at all. It's a small hospital opened in 2008, state of the art and level II nursery, best NICU in the state is just up th road. I won't deliver at home because Landon's delivery had some complications.

Little brother!
September 3rd, 2012, 09:37 PM
The Truth is out There
Hospital. It's my first and I don't feel completely comfortable doing it at home or at a birth center. If this goes well, I might for the next one.

September 3rd, 2012, 10:09 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
I chose hospital because I will have a c-section. Also, my last dd was full-term and needed nicu due to not catching her breath right and then getting an infection. That said, had I had her at home or birthing center near the hospital, they probably would have been ok rushing her to the hospital after the birth with little complications. Also, it was likely a result of the c-section anyway. It's a personal choice and things can go wrong/right at home/birthing center/hospital. It's what you feel is most comfortable for you and baby
Dhartanya likes this.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

September 4th, 2012, 07:35 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
Our birthmom will give birth in a hospital

September 4th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am leaning hard towards a birthing center. After watching the business of being born, my husband is finally on board with it! I really want a water birth and a birthing center or home birth are the only ways to do that. I will have a doula, maybe even 2! I just think the entire experience will be nicer. Our insurance has a ridiculous deductable and it would be much cheaper, too.
Gripstress likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
September 4th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Go for it girl! If I were able and had it available, I would most definately have mine in a birthing center. The water is awesome for labor(never delivered in it).
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search