Home from OB Triage**update with US results & pics**

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2012, 02:35 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
2am and DH & I just got home from OB Triage.
So tonight DH & I DTD. Right after I went to the bathroom and when I went pee there was also bright red blood. Not a whole lot but it was there and totally freaked me & DH out. I call my OB's answering service and they tell me the on call DR stopped taking calls at 10pm. Which it was 1140pm. I got totally pissed and more upset because that means another DR, not one of the 3 in my OB's office is on call. So I call directly to the OB dept at the hospital. Of course they tell me to come right in.
I'm started to panic on the way there. Started to cry and I was just so scared. DH kept telling me She was fine and everything would be okay. DH was speeding to the hospital at one point may have been doing 80, even ran a red light since no traffic was around
WE get to OB Triage right before midnight, one thing about that time of night its empty.
They had me leave a urine sample, which I could hardly go since I just had at home and then hooked me up to the monitor. I find out the DR who is on call is the one who has the worst reputation (horror stories galore about her) and I didnt think she was even supposed to be covering for my OB at anytime, ever. I'll be talking with my OB about that at my appt.
After 45 minutes or so on the monitor they say everything looks good, no contractions and LO's heartbeat was ranging from low 130's to mid 150's. So that was making me feel better. She started to move around a little by this point too. One of the nurses checked me and holy crap did that hurt , she never could find my cervix so I took that as a good sign that it was very high. She couldnt see any active bleeding, but there was blood on her glove after the exam. That concerned me but the nurse didnt seem concerned.
The DR didnt even come in until the very end to discharge me. She told me everything looked okay and since she hates to call Ultrasound in at 115 in the morning, so she didnt She tells me to call my OB tomorrow and see what she wants me to do and leaves the room.
WTH? No wonder no one can stand her and babies have died because of her, she is totally incompetent.
But after 2 hours in OB Triage on the monitor, I went to the bathroom to get dressed before being discharged and I didnt have any bleeding so I felt comfortable enough to come home.
I'm kinda sore from the exam and I know from earlier in pregnancy I might have more bleeding now since the exam was done so I'll try not to freak out over that. GO figure the Dr didnt mentioned a word of that to me I just know that tid bit
I'll be calling my OB in the morning to see if they still want me to wait till tomorrow for my scheduled US and appt.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by taatie10; September 4th, 2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: update
September 4th, 2012, 03:11 AM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Ugh, sorry you had a rough night in the L&D. Hope you aren't too sore and that you clear up asap. Get some rest!
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

September 4th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Super Mommy
Sorry for the rough night . Sorry you got stuck with the incompetent OB taking care of you. Let us know what your OB says in the morning.

September 4th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh lordy, sounds like a rough night. I'm glad everything has stopped and I'm curious what your OB says, especially about that doctor!

Daffney

September 4th, 2012, 05:19 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ack! I'm so sorry mama that has to be super scary! I hope your OB has more good news about it.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
September 4th, 2012, 05:25 AM
~Landon's Mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad everything is okay but that's super scary!

Little brother!
September 4th, 2012, 05:46 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you were able to get some rest. I would definitely be talking to the Dr. When I was discharged from my FFN my discharge papers said if you have bleeding after sex, pelvic exam or heavy lifting put a pad on for an hour and unless it is heavy period like bleeding or clots to notify the drs office the next day. It is very common to bleed since your cervix is very sensitive right now and there is extra blood flow in that area.

September 4th, 2012, 05:59 AM
DawnVH's Avatar Supermom to Sid and Este
agreed with above comment. Everything should be fine. that is what my prayer is. I usually bleed everytime we DTD as well. Due to the amount of blood vessels down there that and the amount of extra blood flow. I know when you heard "no active bleeding" and saw blood it probably confused you. What they mean is that it is not coming from your vagina....which is the news you want to hear. Another good thing...no contractions! I can't even have sex after 23 weeks due to orgasms sending me into labor......ugh! Good luck at appt!
September 4th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
My OB's "call me when/if" sheet basically says not to call unless there is bleeding with no cause if it is not combined with contractions or anything else like that. It says to tell them at your next appt about bleeding after sex, exams, or transvag ultrasound.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
September 4th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Ugh, sorry you had to go through that. So glad everything is ok, though!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

September 4th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Glad that everything is ok with LO.... Get some rest, and take it easy....

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 4th, 2012, 07:56 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, sounds like such a rough night. Glad to hear you are doing ok and the bleeding has stopped and hopefully you'll never see that dr again.
September 4th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about last night - hope you are resting & taking it easy today!!!

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

September 4th, 2012, 08:36 AM
The Truth is out There
That sounds horrible. Glad everything is okay. I hope you won't have to deal with that dr anymore.

September 4th, 2012, 12:31 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Any update Katie?
September 4th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Yes I do have a small update.
Called my OB this AM, the nurse said if no more issues since then everything should be fine but they were able to move my US and appt up to today at 230pm, so I'll be leaving for that shortly. DH cant go but my mom is going with me. She was planning on going to my scheduled one tomorrow anyways.
My boss sent me home at Noon telling me to get some sleep. Gotta love her. I did get some sleep last night but still it was not enough, I'll be taking a nap after my appt.
The only thing I've had today is brown spotting a few times when I wipe. SO that is a good sign to me. I'm not really worried anymore but I'm so pissed at that Dr and her treatment there is no way I ever want to see her again, sure as heck not for my delivery.
I will post an update again after my US and appt. I better get going to make it on time.

My Ovulation Chart
September 4th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Nervous Newbie's Avatar Super Mommy
Good luck with things today! So sorry you had that scare and incompetent doctor. Keep us posted on things! Take care of yourself too.
September 4th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Back from my US and Dr's appt. Everything looks fine, she couldnt find any evidence of a bleed or any problems with the placenta. She thinks it was probably just cervical irritation from DTD.
My placenta is still low lying so she is going to do another scan at 32 weeks. She said its sitting to where if it stays the same I can try to deliver vaginally but should I have any sort of bleeding or problems in labor she would "pull the plug & do a Section". Obviously we dont need to make any decisions yet because time will tell but its something to keep in mind for later. So I'm not going to stress over it just yet.
She doesnt think I should have more bleeding issues or that I need any restrictions. Other than no sex for the next week to ensure whatever happened is all good.
LO is doing great. Heart rate of 140bpm. She is still a girl She is measuring a few days ahead of dates and weighs in at 1lb 11oz. She was sucking her toe at first then she moved to having her arm and hand in her face the entire rest of the time. All the prodding in the world didnt help so we didnt get any great 3D pictures or face shots.

I'm working on uploading pictures. Will post them soon.

My Ovulation Chart
September 4th, 2012, 06:27 PM
~Landon's Mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad your ultra sound looked good and you're baby girl
is doing well.

Little brother!
September 4th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Momma_Mia's Avatar Super Mommy
oh Katie...hate to hear you had a scare but glad that all is well and you got to sneak a peek at your baby girl.
Did all this talk on the board about the big "O" triggered a lil freak in the sheets for you? j/k but seriously i'm glad its nothing serious...now no sex for you lil missy
taatie10 likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search