moms of girls

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Momma_Mia

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
are you/when you getting their ears pierced?
September 4th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I think we've decided to wait until she asks for them and is responsible to take care of cleaning them herself. I think they look adorable on little babies, though!

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

September 4th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
I think with DD1 we got her ears pierced when she was 8 months.... I havent really decided yet when I will get DD2 ears pierced

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 4th, 2012, 08:32 AM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
When she is old enough to ask for them and be responsible for them, Ill take her somewhere reputable to get them done.

September 4th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not until she is old enough to know once you put the hole there it's there forever and not something she can just decide she doesn't want to take care of them.

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

September 4th, 2012, 09:20 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we'll be getting them done sometime before she's two. I had mine done as a baby and I'm glad I don't remember it... haha

September 4th, 2012, 09:54 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When she's old enough to ask. I'm all about letting my kiddos choose what they want done to their body. I think piercings will be pretty much off-limits beyond ears at teen years unless she waits an entire year and thinks about it. She can do whatever she wants to her hair to compensate.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
September 4th, 2012, 09:55 AM
My 6 year old got hers done at 4 months and I will also be getting this baby girls done around the same time.
C-section #6. ~Adding another sweet sister!!~

September 4th, 2012, 12:43 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto what a lot of the others said - when she's decides she wants them and when I know she'll be responsible enough to take care of them.
September 4th, 2012, 01:35 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I havent even thought about it yet. Or talked to DH about it.
Figure well talk about it once she's here.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
September 4th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Momma_Mia's Avatar Super Mommy
this LO is a boy so it doesnt really apply to me....however I have 2 older girls. With my first daughter i waited until she wanted it and since she was older it was harder to care for because she kept messing with it/touching them and they actually came out....and when they come out early there is no way you are getting them back in without another piercing. She has had her ears pierced 3 times and now she is 16 and very seldom wears earrings. I think because its always been such a pain or bother she really lost interest.
Now my younger daughter, I got hers done at about 6-8 months and it was great. she didnt mess or grab at them and they stayed in and she loves wearing and getting different earrings.
If this LO was a girl, I would do it again early where I can take care of them without her messing with them.
mlc52811 likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum

September 4th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Crystalici0us4's Avatar Aubree Lynn's Mommy<3<3
I'm getting Aubree's done as soon as she's old enough. I don't know how old they have tto be to get them done, so I'm going to ask around & take her when she's old enough. I think getting them done that young is better, just because if I'm taking care of them, I know they'll be taken care of right, she most likely wont mess with them, or get curious & take them out too early. Plus, she wont fuss as much & she wont remember it. I had mine done when I was a baby. My MIL took Mike's sister when she was like 6 & she said that it took an hour & a half JUST to draw the dots on her ears, then, when they pierced the first ear, she freaked & wouldn't let them pierce the other lol. I don't want that to happen.
September 4th, 2012, 08:38 PM
The Truth is out There
As soon as she's old enough to take care of them herself. My niece got hers done last year (she was 5) and she is constantly messing with them, losing her earrings, and won't ever leave them alone.
I haven't talked to DH, but I don't think he'll have a different opinion.

September 4th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Well my main thought is I will wait until she wants them and do it as a reward type day thing. My other thought though is, for example, my little cousin looked very very boyish for the first year or two. Very little hair and very boylike. My cousin pierced her ears and BAM she looked like a girl hehe. So I would say that there is a chance I might change my mind.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
September 4th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got mine pierced when I was 7 and I remember it being a fun day out with my mom and aunt and some girl cousins. I managed to take care of them at least well enough that they never got infected or grew back in. I also never got any more piercings and rarely wear earrings, so it's not a big deal to me.

We'll definitely be waiting until she wants them and is old enough to understand how to take care of them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search