Growth Spurt?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Sincat's Avatar Super Mommy
I think my little man is going through his 3 month growth spurt. He's eating a little more than usual, he's waking up to feed in the middle of the night which is out of the norm for him, & he seems a bit more cranky/fussy than usual - even while feeding. Anyone else's LO going through a growth spurt or have any experience/advice on this?

September 5th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Jessie O's Avatar Veteran
Mine too! He's also sleeping more during the day.
September 6th, 2012, 07:50 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Raini is going through a growth spurt for sure! and we just cant seem to drop that 2 am feeding...*sigh*

How many oz is Evan taking at a time? Raini is still taking 4 oz every 3 hrs or so, longer stretches at night. im trying to start a 6oz bottle at bedtime to drop that 2 am feeding but it isn't working....

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
September 6th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Evan eats 4oz every 2 hrs. 6oz in the morning first thing & sometime another 6 throughout the day or night if he's had a long nap or something. He's been sleeping through the night (6-9hrs) since he was 5 weeks. That is up until this last week. We also recently changed from a bassinet to a crib, so I don't know if that's playing in to this at all or not.

September 6th, 2012, 08:08 AM
the crib change may be part of it. Do you let him nap in his crib during the day? That's how I transitioned raini into sleeping in her crib at night. she was napping in the swing, but I started laying her in her crib when she was almost asleep and she adjusted very well.

have you tried giving him 6 oz at night? if so maybe up it to 7 or 8 just for that bedtime feeding, may get him back to sleeping through the night.

Im very jealous that he was sleeping all night! my boys did the same thing, baby girl has an attitude...

September 6th, 2012, 08:47 AM
No he naps in his swing. I work so my Dad cares for him while I'm away & the swing is just easier for him. I used to feed him 6oz right before bed but lately he's falling asleep to early & not taking it. I do give him an 8oz on occasion too. I'll try to start laying him in his crib for his afternoon naps when I'm home, see if that helps. Thanks.

September 6th, 2012, 10:16 AM
it could also be him falling asleep to early! That is exactly what is happening here, Raini keeps wanting to go down at 7 no matter what I do to keep her awake. then she'll sleep from 7-2am up for a bottle and then back up at 6. I want her to go to bed at 10 and sleep til 6, is that too much to ask? lol

Im hoping when shes alittle older and more active I will be able to keep her up longer and get her on our schedule.

good luck to you, let us know how things go!

and I agree about the swing being easier... that thing is a freakin lifesaver in my house

September 6th, 2012, 06:56 PM
lromkee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are things going? I haven't been on here in a while.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search