Holidays....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Amchelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe they are almost here!!

Halloween

Will you be dressing you LO up? If so have you decided what?

Do you dress up yourself?

Trick-or-Treat or do you just hand out candy?

Any fun traditions you have as a family?

What did you do as a child?

Did you ever TP/Ding-Dong-Ditch/other pranks during Halloween when you were younger?

Thanksgiving

Where do you spend Thanksgiving?

What is a normal Thanksgiving meal for your family?

anything else you would like to add?

Christmas

Where do you spend Christmas?

What traditions do you have?

Any new traditions you plan to start this year?

Fondest Christmas memory as a kid?

September 6th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Amchelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Halloween

Will you be dressing you LO up? If so have you decided what? Yes, I still haven't decides, I really want to do homemade costumes this year. I'm thinking of dressing the older boys up as thing 1 and thing 2 and Spencer as the Cat in the Hat...but haven't decided yet.

Do you dress up yourself? I might this year.

Trick-or-Treat or do you just hand out candy? We take the boys Trick-or-Treating to houses we know and also take them to the local churches that do Trunk-or-Treat

Any fun traditions you have as a family? just Trick-or-Treating and carving pumpkins

What did you do as a child? we dressed up, but it always had to be something NON-scary, and went TOT

Did you ever TP/Ding-Dong-Ditch/other pranks during Halloween when you were younger? When I was in Middle School me and a couple of friends TP'd our Principles house lol

Thanksgiving

Where do you spend Thanksgiving? Since we moved to MO, we spend it at my dad and stepmoms house with all my brothers (4) and sisters (2) and there spouse/SO and kiddos, and my stepmoms extended family.

What is a normal Thanksgiving meal for your family? with that big of a family get together we normally have 2-3 Turkeys (cooked different ways), cornbread stuffing, potatoes (made different ways), green bean and other types of casseroles, salad, rolls, and TONS of pies and cakes. That's all I can remember at least lol.

Christmas

Where do you spend Christmas? We will probably go to my dad and stepmoms.

What traditions do you have? Christmas Eve all my siblings and there family come over and we exchange gifts, snack on finger foods and dips. Then Christmas morning we all do our own Santa stuff at home (we will probably do it at my dads since we have to drive 45min to there house, and don't want to do that 2 days in a row) and then later that afternoon we all get together again and eat and hang out. We also make sugar cookies and decorate them and leave them for santa along with a glass of milk. As for presents we have been doing the "Something you want, something you need, something to wear and something to read" the past couple of years and my boys have seemed to like that more then the earlier Christmas' this way they have time to truly enjoy what they get instead of playing with it for 5mins and moving on to a bunch of other things. We also get a new pair of PJs (not counted as their something to wear) to wear Christmas Eve night for pics in the morning of Santa gifts.

Any new traditions you plan to start this year? Elf on the shelf

Fondest Christmas memory as a kid? I LOVED going to my MawMaw and PawPaw's house as a kid.

Last edited by Amchelle; September 7th, 2012 at 08:56 AM.
September 6th, 2012, 09:09 PM
amberj90's Avatar Veteran
Halloween

Will you be dressing you LO up? If so have you decided what? I am for sure dressing him up, just don't know what he will be yet.

Do you dress up yourself? Not unless my family has a get-together.

Trick-or-Treat or do you just hand out candy? Neither. When he gets older we will try the trick-or-treating thing.

Any fun traditions you have as a family? Not really

What did you do as a child? Trick-or-treat

Did you ever TP/Ding-Dong-Ditch/other pranks during Halloween when you were younger? lol no.

Thanksgiving

Where do you spend Thanksgiving? I've always spent it at home with my family, and my husband has always traveled out of town. This will only be our second Thanksgiving as a married couple, so we've started the tradition of staying at home and inviting family over.

What is a normal Thanksgiving meal for your family? Turkey, ham, stuffing. . .pretty much the common stuff

anything else you would like to add? One tradition my family has always had was that we always hang Christmas lights and set up the Christmas Tree after dinner is over, then we go through the sale papers so me and my mom can go Black Friday shopping.

Christmas

Where do you spend Christmas? Kind of the same situation as Thanksgiving. We travelled last Christmas and I absolutely hated it. So this year we are probably going to stay at our house and spend the day as a family.

What traditions do you have? None yet

Any new traditions you plan to start this year? I would love to get in the habit of coming home after Christmas Eve celebrations, and waking up in our house so we can spend some time as a family before we go out and visit extended family

Fondest Christmas memory as a kid? I always loved waking up Christmas morning and getting to spend time with my parents and sister.

anything else you would like to add? Can't believe that its only 3 months away! It doesn't seem like it should be. But I am very excited for our first Christmas with our baby boy.
September 7th, 2012, 12:47 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
Halloween

Will you be dressing you LO up? If so have you decided what? I got her a cute little halloween outfit from Carters and a headband to match it... I might look for a costume while we're in the states.

Do you dress up yourself? no

Trick-or-Treat or do you just hand out candy? we take the boys trick or treating, I'll have Amelia in the Ergo.

Any fun traditions you have as a family? Carving pumpkins together.

What did you do as a child? We went to church for a fall festival... we did not celebrate halloween.

Did you ever TP/Ding-Dong-Ditch/other pranks during Halloween when you were younger? no

Thanksgiving

Where do you spend Thanksgiving? at home

What is a normal Thanksgiving meal for your family? I cook everything... turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, rolls, and lots of desserts.

anything else you would like to add? I miss having thanksgiving with our family in Ohio.. it's just not the same! Since being in Germany, we have other military families over that are new here and don't know many people. Last year I cooked for 2 other families.

Christmas

Where do you spend Christmas? home

What traditions do you have? We put up the tree and decorate it the weekend after Thanksgiving. We always bake sugar cookies with the kids and decorate them together. We do the Elf on the Shelf with the kids.. it's so fun! We give the kids one present on Christmas eve.. it's always pajamas that they can wear that night. (My mom started that tradition when we were kids.)

Any new traditions you plan to start this year? I think this year we'll start reading a part of the Christmas story each night.. I need to look for a book!

Fondest Christmas memory as a kid? We always spend Christmas Eve at my grandma's house with the whole family.. we had so much fun!

I'd love to take the kids caroling but I don't know anyone that does it here.

September 7th, 2012, 02:44 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
Halloween

Will you be dressing you LO up? If so have you decided what? I bought a cute little Halloween outfit. It's a black onsie with an orange and black tutu attached to it and it says My First Halloween on it! No costume this year.

Do you dress up yourself? Not anymore.

Trick-or-Treat or do you just hand out candy? Hand out candy.

Any fun traditions you have as a family? Nope.

What did you do as a child? Trick or treated.

Did you ever TP/Ding-Dong-Ditch/other pranks during Halloween when you were younger? Not during Halloween but other times during the year I did.

Thanksgiving

Where do you spend Thanksgiving? My Grandparents house.

What is a normal Thanksgiving meal for your family? Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Carrots, Gravy, Corn, bread and of course Yummy Pumpkin Pie!

anything else you would like to add? Nopee.

Christmas

Where do you spend Christmas? In the morning I spend it at home with my parents. And then in the early afternoon we head over to my Grandparents and have Christmas there the rest of the day.

What traditions do you have? We decorate our tree together. We all open presents and my dad has to say "Here's a ho ho ho to (name)." To carry on what my Grandpa(rip) did when we were younger.

Any new traditions you plan to start this year? I'd like to have an ornament for McKinley for every Christmas!

Fondest Christmas memory as a kid? Walking downstairs to see what Santa left for me! And also every Christmas Eve we went to a HUGE holiday party with friends and family.

anything else you would like to add? I can't wait til next years Christmas when McKinley is 1 1/2 years and is more into it

September 7th, 2012, 08:32 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
[B]
Halloween

she will be dressing up, what im not sure. my super hero boys want her to be wonder woman....

Do you dress up yourself?

I have a hat that has cat ears.. thats about all for me...

Trick-or-Treat or do you just hand out candy?

def trick or treat!

Any fun traditions you have as a family?

We always go to my grandmother's church, they have chili supper (and i loooove me some chili!) and a trunk or treat.

What did you do as a child?

We always walked the block and sometimes went to church events and to the mall.

Did you ever TP/Ding-Dong-Ditch/other pranks during Halloween when you were younger?

me and dh did some paint ballin back in the day... shot up a woman's mailbox that was being a butt to my grandma...

Thanksgiving

The past few years its been at my oldest sister's house.

What is a normal Thanksgiving meal for your family?

We have the normal sides... and sometimes a little turkey but but for our family the big dish is my Daddy's famous chili .

Christmas

Where do you spend Christmas? We go to the community center in my parents home town. we used to go to Grandma's house but the family has grown to big to fit.

What traditions do you have? my Grandmother has always bought me and my lil sis ornaments with our names on tem, the tradition has continued and our children receive those ornaments, sometimes me and sis still get one too.

Any new traditions you plan to start this year?

I started elf on a shelf last year and will continue tis year, my boys loved it!!

Fondest Christmas memory as a kid?

I remember my granddaddy saying the prayer before dinner every single year since I was 10, Im 31 now. He passed 4 years ago and every year my grandmother cries when someone else does the prayer.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
September 12th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Halloween

Probably, but not sure what yet...

Do you dress up yourself? No.

Trick-or-Treat or do you just hand out candy? I used to, but we moved and kids don't come here.

Any fun traditions you have as a family? Not yet.

What did you do as a child? We used to meet up with cousins and go to my Grandma's.

Did you ever TP/Ding-Dong-Ditch/other pranks during Halloween when you were younger? No, never! I would have gotten in sooooo much trouble!!

Thanksgiving

Usually DH's parents like to do steaks for Thanksgiving. My parents will do Thanksgiving on different days depending on the kids' (brother and sister and I) schedules.

What is a normal Thanksgiving meal for your family? DH's family does steak and potatoes and mac n cheese for nearly every holiday meal. Booohisssss. We do a traditional meal of almost everything. Turkey, rolls, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, baked beans, mac n cheese, pies... I'm sure there is more..

Christmas

Where do you spend Christmas?
Xmas eve at DH's since his family doesn't believe in cooking on a holiday. Christmas at my parents.

What traditions do you have? None really.

Any new traditions you plan to start this year? Not sure.

Fondest Christmas memory as a kid? Just opening presents and going to my Grandma's where I got to hang out with my cousins.
September 13th, 2012, 10:32 AM
PaxtonsMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
FUN!

Halloween

Will you be dressing you LO up? If so have you decided what? Definitely dressing Pax up - thinking he's going to be a baby shark!

Do you dress up yourself? Nope.

Trick-or-Treat or do you just hand out candy? We used to go out to dinner to avoid it all! We never get trick or treaters though - live across from a cemetery! LMAO

Any fun traditions you have as a family? Nope.

What did you do as a child? Trick or treated.

Did you ever TP/Ding-Dong-Ditch/other pranks during Halloween when you were younger? Nope.

Thanksgiving

Where do you spend Thanksgiving? MEXICO. Seriously, this past year, 2011, I only stayed in the country because I was pregnant! We went to my aunt's to be with my side of the family and it was awesome.

What is a normal Thanksgiving meal for your family? The usual - turkey, mashed potatoes, yadda yadda.

Christmas

Where do you spend Christmas? xmas eve is at my father in law's - his wife is italian so we do the whole seafood thing - so much fun!! my fav holiday by far!

What traditions do you have? when i was a kid we were allowed to open one gift on xmas eve night, that was always exciting. but none now - i have to make some!!

Any new traditions you plan to start this year? see above!!

Fondest Christmas memory as a kid? i think when my mom had everyone over when i was a kid, and my parents weren't divorced yet, and my whole extended family was there bc they weren't fighting yet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search