Losing weight

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2012, 07:56 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What are you doing to lose weight? Are you tracking your food intake? Are you walking or working out yet? Does anyone use myfitnesspal.com??

I just started using myfitnesspal. I used it in the past and did really well on it. I'm having a hard time getting my calories in right now but I know over time I will get it right. Also I haven't figured breast feeding in and on their site that gives you an allowance of 400-500 extra calories a day.

September 9th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I've never had any luck counting calories...maybe I'll check myfitnesspal.com. I need all the help I can get.

I'm walking...that's it so far. Can't wait to do more though....my 6 week appointment is September 26, so waiting until at least then. Although when getting Cameron to sleep, we bounce and dance and that's definitely working out my thighs and arms!

DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
September 9th, 2012, 09:21 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I am not going to track my intake until a couple of months go by. I need to make sure we have the breastfeeding down pat and that he is getting all he needs. When I do, I will just track it in a notebook.

I am fairly sure I am still eating more than I need to.

I have gone on a few walks and I did a couple of body weight exercises today. I won't be doing anything strenuous until everything down below is fully healed.
September 9th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I've counted calories for years and tracked my exercise. I use mycaloriecounter.com. I'm obviously not cleared to exercise yet.When I am, though, I will primarily run for exercise, with some yoga and strength training. I've already lost all but 5 pounds of my pregnancy weight. However, I really need to work on muscle tone. I'm looking forward to exercising again.

September 9th, 2012, 10:53 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Nothing yet. I was lucky and only gained 13 pounds so by week one PP I was already under my starting weight. I've lost 25 so far. But I've hit the wall now and staying the same for a bit now. I haven't started walking again yet, too tired from no sleep right now. Once he's more settled into a sleep pattern, I'll start walking again.

September 10th, 2012, 12:20 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
I love myfitnesspal! I used it before pregnancy, though Ava is my diet for now. I spend so much of my day trying to keep her happy and sleep time is time consuming too, so I forget to eat. :/ I think I'm down to about 8 pounds left, but I already know theyre going to be stubborn.
September 10th, 2012, 01:21 AM
berryblue031's Avatar Mathias' Super Mommy!
I use caloriecount

I've tried some others but calorie count has a really easy way to input recipes you just copy and paste all the ingredients at once into it, and it figures out the individual foods involved (as opposed to adding every ingredient manually)

I used it to lose 50lbs in 2007... and sadly after 2 kids and being lazy for umm a few years I have started logging again lol

Mathias: Born Nov 10 2009 weighing in at: 9lbs 2oz & 22inches (4150g 54cm)

Anna Elizabeth: Born Aug 24 2012 weighing in at: 8lbs 6oz & 20.5inches (3795g 52cm)
September 10th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Expressing milk has done a lot for my tummy!

Other than that, just short walks - it's all I'm allowed to do. I'm eating healthy just as I was when PG but not regulating my calorie intake, given that I'm anaemic and expressing milk so some of what I take in goes to that, I don't think calorie counting is a good idea for me right now. Once the anaemia is at bay, I will, and I will be going back to using MyFitnessPal which I was using pre-pregnancy.

September 10th, 2012, 07:12 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I lost all my baby weight in the first month but my goal is to get down to my pre all babies weight. I have 6 pounds to go. My PP check up is tomorrow. After that I'll break out my go-to Pilates DVD and kill myself every other day. I don't diet but I can't have and usually don't want fried food anyway so that helps. I'm dealing with some annoying dizziness right now that may be from not eating enough to be EBFing so really I should probably up my calories.
September 10th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
My defatting starts today!
I don't count calories...I suck at math. I just cut out stuff that I don't really need to eat anyway and weigh myself daily as it really helps me keep on top of things. I find it doesn't take a big change in my diet to get the ball rolling when I'm nursing. I want to get some excersizing in as well to tone up but that all depends on little girl - lately I've been able to put her down for 5 minutes max before she realises there's no boob in her mouth.
I have about 30lbs to lose and want it off by Christmas.
September 10th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Breast feeding lol.
I go fOr walks and I have started a light toning work out. Plus I dance around with Tuckr all the time.
Tomorrow will be 2 weeks PP and I have lost 35 pounds already.
I don't count calories I just eat.
I have always had a weight issue as far as not being able to gain weight. My metabolism has been so high my entire life I truly thought this was the end of it. Everyone told me that I would lose that with my pregnancy.
Except I am finding I can't eat enough, I have to have a huge breakfast with high carbs and protein or I start shaking and get lightheaded and feeling like I'm going to pass out.
I feel like I am losing really fast considering how much I'm eating. I'm only 10 pounds away from my "natural" weight that I am usually at when I'm not working out (125). So I am excited. Now I just gotta keep praying my skin bounces back! I feel like I'm wearing a pouch pocket on my front!

September 10th, 2012, 08:04 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Working out is a sin in my book lol. Actually I got lucky and lost all pregnancy weight by just breastfeeding. Maybe I'll take up yoga but that will be to improve my back health.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forum Runner

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

September 10th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Mom to Madeline
I'm finally going to attempt my first workout today, since my healing process has been so slow. I started cutting my carbs and calorie intake last week when we switched to formuoa. I lost all my pregnancy weight within 2 weeks, plus an additional 5 lbs, but I'd like to lose 4-6 more!
September 10th, 2012, 01:26 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i've been watching what i eat and going for daily walks - i lost all the baby weight by 3 weeks pp and am now 6lb lighter than i was before getting pregnant breastfeeding is amazing!

...and baby number 2

Last edited by newmommysarah; September 10th, 2012 at 01:31 PM.
September 10th, 2012, 01:36 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
I am going to start off with a brisk walk. . . I'm hoping to get a jogging stroller today so I can strap Emmersyn in the stoller, and then wear Adalyn or vise versa. . . I'll eventually work up to jogging (NOT with a child strapped to me). I don't plan to diet really, but I am going to get better about what I eat. I tend to eat a lot of junk right now, I have a hard time saying no to fast food and candy (bad, I know). . . So I am just going to make a conscious effort to say no to the bad stuff and go from there. I am 4wk PP and feeling GREAT. . . I am so anxious to get started.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search