DDC Cyber Shower Hints & Ideas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Would you prefer one big nicer item, or several smaller priced items? Either is perfectly ok with me

Do you have a larger item that you need accessories for?? (Stroller, diaper bag, car seat, etc) I no large items yet.... DH wont let me buy until after the baby shower on Oct 21st...

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 14th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you like Holiday outfits and holiday stuff (like 1st Christmas bibs, hats, etc..)?Iam not crazy about these, Im too practical I think cause you cant use it once the day is over.

Do you want something functional or just fun? Either

Is there something that you like to pamper yourself with.... or a specific scent that you like???? I love clean smells and light floral, not too sweet

Would you prefer one big nicer item, or several smaller priced items? Either

Do you have a larger item that you need accessories for?? (Stroller, diaper bag, car seat, etc)
not really

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
September 14th, 2012, 10:17 AM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What's your favorite color for clothes for your baby? I like Grays, Brown and Navy

What is something that you would really like but wouldn't dream of asking for?
I Agree with some of the others - Ive heard great things about the Aden and Anais blankets - But I cant recall if I have them on my Registry? Other than that - theres nothing else really that I wouldnt dream of asking for - We got most all the big stuff anyhow...

What is something you just don't need any more of? I think we're set on clothes nb-3mo

Have you started or updated a registry since filling out Cassie's PM?
No, I had started one, but not knowing for sure if I was going to have a shower this time around - its more of a "shopping list" for me.... Because anything thats not purchased you get a discount on at the end!!

Are there themes or characters you don't really care for?
Im not a fan of most characters, Winnie the Pooh, Mickey, and other cartoony-types... and Im not really a fan with "Writing" shirts (IE: My mom rocks, I am awesome type shirts)

Do you like Holiday outfits and holiday stuff (like 1st Christmas bibs, hats, etc..)? I tend to prefer solid color stuff that looks CHristmassy - but some things are cute!

Do you want something functional or just fun? I dont have a preference in this one

Is there something that you like to pamper yourself with.... or a specific scent that you like???? Not in particular - I do like coconut smells though

Would you prefer one big nicer item, or several smaller priced items?
Again, I dont really have a preference on this one either - It will be exciting either way!!

Do you have a larger item that you need accessories for?? (Stroller, diaper bag, car seat, etc) I do need an attachment for the new stroller I bought - for cupholders and pockets - its on my registry though

*NEW QUESTION:
Are you into the Boutique-style baby things?? Tutus, and Hats, Headbands and such for girls and hats, ties, ect for boys? Or does that seem to over the top for an infant to you?

I love it! not tutus and such obviously as its a boy this time.... but I loooove the soft looking hats (that everyone uses in photos now) and rocker-baby stuff they have for boys now! I really like the things that are "not traditionally baby".... Oh and I also like the Tie and bow tie onesies and moustache stuff

Last edited by ** Tay **; September 14th, 2012 at 06:33 PM.
September 14th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Are you into the Boutique-style baby things?? Tutus, and Hats, Headbands and such?? Or does that seem to over the top for an infant to you? Oh yes!! I am loving the tatoos, hat, headbands..... all of it... although DH doesnt want me buying stuff right now... so I dont have much if not any of these.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 14th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Would you prefer one big nicer item, or several smaller priced items? I'd be happy with either of course. I hope my person is ok with several smaller things because I have so many ideas in mind and can't pick between them!

Do you have a larger item that you need accessories for?? (Stroller, diaper bag, car seat, etc) hmm, nothing I can think of

Are you into the Boutique-style baby things?? Tutus, and Hats, Headbands and such?? Or does that seem to over the top for an infant to you? Yes, I love all of that sort of thing! I'd also love anything like that I could use for newborn photo, props and such!

* New Question *

Do you need any books for your little one? Any in particular on your wish list?

September 14th, 2012, 11:01 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What's your favorite color for clothes for your baby? Greens, browns, grays, and navy.

What is something that you would really like but wouldn't dream of asking for? Honestly, I have no idea. I'm such a practical person that all the extra fancy stuff doesn't make sense to me... except tutus and what not! Ha

What is something you just don't need any more of? I have no idea. Honestly, I've been holding off on any shopping until we move and until after my shower.

Have you started or updated a registry since filling out Cassie's PM? Everything on my registries is bigger and that's only because I plan to buy them with the discount I get, not because I expect to get them. I think I put some outfits, maybe on my Target one.

Are there themes or characters you don't really care for? Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse, Precious Moments. The super cutesy stuff drives me up a wall. I'm also not a fan of the sporty theme at all. Not team jerseys, like "Mommy's All Star" sort of stuff.

Do you like Holiday outfits and holiday stuff (like 1st Christmas bibs, hats, etc..)? Sure!

Do you want something functional or just fun? Doesn't matter to me!

Is there something that you like to pamper yourself with.... or a specific sent that you like???? Eh, not really.

Would you prefer one big nicer item, or several smaller priced items? Doesn't matter.

Do you have a larger item that you need accessories for?? (Stroller, diaper bag, car seat, etc) Nopers. Have that from DD still.

Are you into the Boutique-style baby things?? Tutus, and Hats, Headbands and such?? Or does that seem to over the top for an infant to you? This is where my practicality goes out the window. I love the hats! (And tutus and head bands for little girls) In fact, I'll probably spend too much on embroidered "Little Brother" and "Big Sister" shirts because I can't find any cute enough in stores.

***New question:
Is there anything you would have to put the fake "gee thanks" face on for? Like something you really just don't want to get? (As horrible as that sounds, we all know we have those items!)

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
September 14th, 2012, 11:43 AM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What's your favorite color for clothes for your baby? pink, purple. I also like tie-dye and hippie styles from the 60's!

What is something that you would really like but wouldn't dream of asking for? the little tutu and headband sets! I think they are soooo cute but DH thinks they are too much for infants.

What is something you just don't need any more of? uhhh....I don't have much of anything except onesies. DH is making me wait until after the shower to buy anything. I need some sleepers for sure!

Have you started or updated a registry since filling out Cassie's PM? not yet, although I do plan to.

Are there themes or characters you don't really care for? none that I know of. I love winnie the pooh!

Do you like Holiday outfits and holiday stuff (like 1st Christmas bibs, hats, etc..)?
Yes!

Is there something that you like to pamper yourself with.... or a specific sent that you like? Japanese cherry blossom...makes me think of my mom

Would you prefer one big nicer item, or several smaller priced items? Doesn't matter.

Do you have a larger item that you need accessories for?? (Stroller, diaper bag, car seat, etc) not that I know of...but being a FTM I could be missing something and not know it.

Are you into the Boutique-style baby things?? Tutus, and Hats, Headbands and such?? Or does that seem to over the top for an infant to you? I love them!!

***New question:
Is there anything you would have to put the fake "gee thanks" face on for? Like something you really just don't want to get? (As horrible as that sounds, we all know we have those items!)
I can't really think of anything right now. We need everything!!!

September 14th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Nervous Newbie's Avatar Super Mommy
What's your favorite color for clothes for your baby? Greens, blues, brown

What is something that you would really like but wouldn't dream of asking for? I have no idea. We don't have much, so anything would be appreciated.

What is something you just don't need any more of? 0-3 month clothes. A friend gave us a bunch of those, but anything smaller or lager would be great.

Have you started or updated a registry since filling out Cassie's PM? It's the same

Are there themes or characters you don't really care for? Don't really care for Pooh Bear or Mickey Mouse

Do you like Holiday outfits and holiday stuff (like 1st Christmas bibs, hats, etc..)? Sure!

Is there something that you like to pamper yourself with.... or a specific sent that you like???? Eh, not really.

Do you have a larger item that you need accessories for?? (Stroller, diaper bag, car seat, etc) Don't have any larger items yet, except for the Pack N Play so sheets for that would be good. Having a shower next weekend so may have some more stuff then.

Are you into the Boutique-style baby things?? Tutus, and Hats, Headbands and such?? Or does that seem to over the top for an infant to you? Some of it's cute, but I don't like the girly fruffie stuff on boys so not too sure bout that.
September 14th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you into the Boutique-style baby things?? Tutus, and Hats, Headbands and such?? Or does that seem to over the top for an infant to you? I would love this - but it doesn't apply much to boys The closest I could get would be one of those shirts with the fake ties on it.

I'm pretty good on books - I'm supposed to get a ton at the shower

Is there anything you would have to put the fake "gee thanks" face on for? Hand knit blankets. I know this is going to come up at my shower, too. And I know it is sweet that people spend the time making them...but I really don't like most of them. And then I feel too guilty to get rid of them because someone made them.

Do you find yourself responding to this thread really in hopes that your cyber buddy will see it and respond?!?

Will someone please remind me of the price limit??

Would you be upset if the gift was geared past newborn age? (i.e. a toy for a 6 month old?)

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

September 14th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Momma_Mia's Avatar Super Mommy
What's your favorite color for clothes for your baby?
Gray, Blue, Green, Brown, Black...ok no real favorite..just something that works for a boy

What is something that you would really like but wouldn't dream of asking for?
Hmmm i dont know..havent put much thought into. The baby slings/wrap look really neat...havent really looked at all the different kinds but one that is pretty versatile

What is something you just don't need any more of? I really havent got much...got the big stuff and figured the other stuff will gradually come

Have you started or updated a registry since filling out Cassie's PM? started one some time ago at Babies R Us and havent really done anything with it so no recent updates

Are there themes or characters you don't really care for? I dont really care for any characters

Do you like Holiday outfits and holiday stuff (like 1st Christmas bibs, hats, etc..)? Sure

Do you want something functional or just fun? Doesn't matter to me

Is there something that you like to pamper yourself with.... or a specific scent that you like???? um not really

Do you have a larger item that you need accessories for?? (Stroller, diaper bag, car seat, etc) Nope

Are you into the Boutique-style baby things?? Tutus, and Hats, Headbands and such?? Or does that seem to over the top for an infant to you? well not sure it would go over well with a boy

Is there anything you would have to put the fake "gee thanks" face on for? Like something you really just don't want to get? (As horrible as that sounds, we all know we have those items!) I am sure there is but nothing really comes to mind

Thank you Jaidynsmum

September 14th, 2012, 06:30 PM
~* Natasha *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~* Natasha *~
I'm chiming in late here, but I'm going to try to cover a little bit of everything in general! lol (This week at work has been horrible and I'm exhausted so my brain isn't functioning very well!)

I love Pink, Purple, Rose, Brown, Red.... just about anything as far as colors go!

I love the idea of 1st Christmas-type things! I hope that by the time my shower comes I'll have some, but if not I will def be buying some!

I honestly do not like monkey-themed things (decor, clothes, etc.). I know some people love them and they are ubber popular these days, but I just don't like the thoughts of someone calling my little diva a monkey (if she's wearing an outfit with a monkey on it for example). LOL I know that sounds silly..... but! haha

My "gee thanks" item would be an adorable, soft, cuddly outfit with a big ole monkey head on it! haha (So that is mainly a joke.... but ya know... I would feel bad if I got an adorable, soft, awesome outfit that I didn't end up using because it was monkey themed).

I would love to have a blooming bath, but actually didn't end up registering for it....

My DH and Dad have highly encouraged me not to buy a bunch of stuff until after our showers (family/friends, and work showers). So we don't have a whole lot. I've bought a tutu/headband outfit for newborn photos, and a friend of mine has sent some random outfits and socks that range from 0-3 to 9 mos, but that's just like 6 outfits. So we will feel blessed and thankful for whatever!!

I think that 'generally' covers some ground. If my secret dd pal has any specific questions, then maybe they could go through Cassie to PM me?? :-)
September 14th, 2012, 06:48 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Kelly View Post
Do you want something functional or just fun?
I'm fine with either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishinfor2ndblessing View Post
I love buying something for the mom tooo when purchasing for a baby shower..... Is there something that you like to pamper yourself with.... or a specific sent that you like???

I love my bubble baths and painting my toes. Favorite scents are vanilla or spiced cider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky_78 View Post
Do you have a larger item that you need accessories for?? (Stroller, diaper bag, car seat, etc)
Toys that attach to the carrier or stroller would be all I can think of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ** Tay ** View Post

Are you into the Boutique-style baby things?? Tutus, and Hats, Headbands and such for girls and hats, ties, ect for boys? Or does that seem to over the top for an infant to you?
I dont care either way for one big or several small items.

I'm not into tutus or hat and headbands with big flowers or decorations on them. I'm just not that girly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie.S View Post
No books. MIL is a librarian and so is buying tons and tons of books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna.rose View Post
Any of those mentioned items like a tutu, big flower headbands, or something with lots of lace and fluff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky_78 View Post
Do you find yourself responding to this thread really in hopes that your cyber buddy will see it and respond?!?

Would you be upset if the gift was geared past newborn age? (i.e. a toy for a 6 month old?)
I confess. I am hoping my Buddy will respond, so I get more ideas. And also so I can give my Buddy ideas if she is having the same trouble I am; scared of getting something she wont like.

No I'd be happy with any age geared gift. I think its sweet that we are doing this for someone we've never actually met

September 15th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Functional or fun ok with me

Something for mom: I'd like to try out the mama cloth(cloth pads for women) and also I like alot of scents...as for candles I guess nothing of the flowery sort though.

Larger item accessories: None that I can think of off-hand.

Would you prefer one big nicer item, or several smaller priced items? Either is cool, totally

Are you into the Boutique-style baby things?? Tutus, and Hats, Headbands and such for girls and hats, ties, ect for boys? Or does that seem to over the top for an infant to you? Never done the tutu thing before but I could go for it. Not into headbands or hats but if it's cute and not too over the top then I'm down for whatever.

Books? I don't have many actually but any nice book would be cool.

Is there anything you would have to put the fake "gee thanks" face on for? Like something you really just don't want to get? (As horrible as that sounds, we all know we have those items!) Hmm...I guess something velvet or lacey...I'm not a fancy person so I don't really have my kids too fancy either. I prefer a cute summer dress over a fancy dress for pics. Other than that, I'm pretty relaxed. I have had exchanges before where the person obviously spent less than half of the limit and it was kind of a bummer...I would never dream of spending less than the limit + shipping so it has bummed me out.

Do you find yourself responding to this thread really in hopes that your cyber buddy will see it and respond?!? SURE! But she already has Also, I'd like to give the person buying for my baby to get an idea.

Would you be upset if the gift was geared past newborn age? (i.e. a toy for a 6 month old?) Not at all! They will be around for a long time so I'll always need things for them

In response to the person who wrote that they had an idea but it was sort of shot down early(can't view all posts here so I can't see who wrote it)...if it's me and it's regarding cloth diapers or breastfeeding, I will probably use some disposables when I need to for work and I will still use bottles as I will pump & feed while working. I also am cool with trying out a tutu for pictures HTH lol

New question, please answer everyone!

What prints and colors are you using in the nursery or anywhere else? Any you don't like? Not referring to clothes here.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

Last edited by Gripstress; September 15th, 2012 at 03:38 AM.
September 15th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Favorite scent- fruity or flowery

Big or small- does not matter to me

September 15th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Do you need any books for your little one? Any in particular on your wish list? I did get some books from my mom, but don't really have many of the classic books yet.

Is there anything you would have to put the fake "gee thanks" face on for? Like something you really just don't want to get? (As horrible as that sounds, we all know we have those items!) hmm, nothing is really coming to mind. I guess maybe some of those onesies with sayings. Some of them I think are cute, but some I would never put on my baby.

Will someone please remind me of the price limit??
$30 + shipping

Would you be upset if the gift was geared past newborn age? (i.e. a toy for a 6 month old?) No, that would be fine.

What prints and colors are you using in the nursery or anywhere else? Any you don't like? Not referring to clothes here.
The nursery will be mostly gray, white and hot pink. The crib sheets are an owl print. I really like chevron print, so I might throw some of that in somewhere.

September 15th, 2012, 06:50 AM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
not really. I have a bunch from when I taught daycare.

I HATE pacifiers and am going to try not to use one. I know I may at some points but I have just always hated them and I really hope my child doesn't like them!

Would you be upset if the gift was geared past newborn age? (i.e. a toy for a 6 month old?
no way. They get big so quick!

We are doing a lot of multi-color stuff. There is a picture of her multi color fan in the galaxy of goodies. The walls will be white with a few Grateful Dead bears painted on it. I'm thinking I want to do them kinds like a border around the center of the room and make them look like they are walking around the room.

What do you think you will get the most of at your baby shower? Will you return something if you don't like it?

September 15th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did see really cute baby fedoras... other than that, I havent seen much that caught my interest.

Books? I have tons, and my parents always buy books for Greyson Ive got a pretty big collection already.

Is there anything you would have to put the fake "gee thanks" face on for? Like something you really just don't want to get? (As horrible as that sounds, we all know we have those items!) I cant think of anything...

Do you find yourself responding to this thread really in hopes that your cyber buddy will see it and respond?!? yes

Would you be upset if the gift was geared past newborn age? (i.e. a toy for a 6 month old?) Nope

What prints and colors are you using in the nursery or anywhere else? Any you don't like? Not referring to clothes here. I dont have any specifics picked out yet. Im leaning towards gray, orange, bright green... mainly just not baby blue.

What do you think you will get the most of at your baby shower? Will you return something if you don't like it? I dont think I will have a baby shower. My family is buying the bigger things for me-car seat, stroller, pack n play, swing... I dont expect many others to buy us anything really.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.

Last edited by Shades of Grey; September 15th, 2012 at 08:30 AM.
September 15th, 2012, 10:19 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
What do you think you will get the most of at your baby shower? Will you return something if you don't like it?

I think I will let lots of clothes, but I'm hoping not since I have a ton. We registered mostly for needed things like cribs sheets, blankets, bottles, binki's. I really hope they go off the registry and we get that stuff.
If I really didnt like something or just knew I'd never use it I might return it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripstress View Post
New question, please answer everyone!

The walls are a sand color (nothing we did special thats just what the whole house is). Then her crib set is pink and brown with monkey's. Monkey decals that came with the crib set are going on the walls. Other than that I dont know yet.

Last edited by taatie10; September 15th, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
September 15th, 2012, 01:03 PM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Books? We have lots from DD

Is there anything you would have to put the fake "gee thanks" face on for? Like something you really just don't want to get? (As horrible as that sounds, we all know we have those items!) I cant think of anything...

Do you find yourself responding to this thread really in hopes that your cyber buddy will see it and respond?!? YES!!!!

Would you be upset if the gift was geared past newborn age? (i.e. a toy for a 6 month old?) Nope

What prints and colors are you using in the nursery or anywhere else? Any you don't like? Not referring to clothes here. Were doing a "Vintage Route 66" theme in there... Navy, Mustard yellow and dark red... the bedding and fabrics are all gray and white.

What do you think you will get the most of at your baby shower? Will you return something if you don't like it? Probably diapers and clothes... I usually exchange if I dont care for things...

September 15th, 2012, 01:38 PM
What do you think you will get the most of at your baby shower? Will you return something if you don't like it? Probably a lot of clothes and some little things. No idea! But yeah, if it isn't my personal taste or I don't think I'll use it, I might return it.

* New Question *
Do you like things from Etsy?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search