DDC Cyber Shower Hints & Ideas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
What do you think you will get the most of at your baby shower? Will you return something if you don't like it?
clothes & diapers maybe...maybe some bottles...mostly smaller stuff
I will return or exchange if I don't like something from my shower or if I need something else...I could see myself returning a regular baby carrier....like a bjorn or something. I love baby carriers but I like the newer hipper baby-wearing types.

Do you like things from etsy?
Sure I do...there's so much to love. It's on the expensive side but I do find tons of cute things there.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

September 15th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What will you get the most of at your shower- I'm anticipating clothes but really hoping for larger stuff!!

Do you like etsy? I love etsy!

'gee thanks' face items- blankets

Upset if geared past NB? No, but I don't have much for NB stuff so I'd prefer stuff for younger

Boutique style stuff? lOVE it! Headbands, hats, tutus so cute!

September 15th, 2012, 05:43 PM
~* Natasha *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~* Natasha *~
Dear Suprise Due Date Club Cyber Shower Buddy:

Your present has been ordered and shipped straight from your registry! I hope this is sufficient!
Becky_78 and Gripstress like this.
September 16th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
I ordered part of my buddy's gift last night, too!

Remember, those who get their gifts early, don't share it yet! We'll start a baby shower reveal thread when everyone has their gifts.

I'm also going to go start a thread now where we can track who has shipped and who has received gifts.

September 16th, 2012, 09:47 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I'm still totally stumped.
I guess I'll just have get over my fear of buying something she wont like.

September 16th, 2012, 10:50 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Iiiiii..... have no clue what to get. I hate buying presents. Gah!

***New Question***

Are there any holidays that you DON'T celebrate? (i.e.- Easter, New Years, 4th of July.. Hey, ya' never know!)

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
September 16th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
More answers:
Nursery is purple and dark wood.
Like books that are board books or plastic books/pages.
Don't really need much clothes wise.
Love stuff that is functional.
I think I will get a ton of like knitted blankets and outfits at my shower and probably diapers and wipes, even though we are doing cloth and likely lots of bottles even though I asked for none lol. Yes I will return things or exchange them from my shower if they aren't what I need. I will also likely get lots of pacies and things that I won't be using.
I wouldn't be upset about a gift for future use like past the newborn stage unless it was a huge toy or something that I would have to store for months and months, or years.
I am dying to know who my buddy is by the way lol.
I would prefer if it wasn't something for myself.
Yes I like tutus and hairbands.
Not in love with christmas stuff at all.
I am also not a fan at all of saying onesies or kiddo clothes with words on them.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
September 16th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
I celebrate all holidays
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

September 16th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I celebrate all holidays.

I'll post a new question once I come up with one prego brain... DH can't come up with one either, lol.

September 16th, 2012, 06:12 PM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's your favorite color for clothes for your baby? We like pink and purple even yellow

What is something that you would really like but wouldn't dream of asking for? Not a clue!

Themed characters- Not a huge theme person.

Just wanted to add I plan on breastfeeding. So any kind of nursing stuff is cool too!

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

September 16th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What prints and colors are you using in the nursery or anywhere else? Any you don't like? Not referring to clothes here. I'm trying to do a navy blue and espresso wood nautical theme. Our bedding is Jackson from Pottery Barn Kids. I haven't really purchased many "decorations" yet - just the functional stuff like crib, dresser, chair, etc.

What do you think you will get the most of at your baby shower? Will you return something if you don't like it?
Hopefully stuff off the registry. Clothes. Books. I typically try to use things people buy me, because I feel if they put thought into them I should hang on to them. DH firmly disagrees and says I keep way too many things I don't like.

Are there any holidays that you DON'T celebrate? (i.e.- Easter, New Years, 4th of July.. Hey, ya' never know!)
I do the standard American and Christian Holidays.

A couple of people have already mentioned it, but are you bottle or breast feeding? Using binkies?

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

September 16th, 2012, 09:13 PM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are there any holidays that you DON'T celebrate? (i.e.- Easter, New Years, 4th of July.. Hey, ya' never know!) I do the standard American and Christian Holidays.

A couple of people have already mentioned it, but are you bottle or breast feeding? Using binkies?
Breastfeeding, so boobie feeding things would be awesome! I have a heavy material nursing cover- (which i do love) but I would love a "boyish" lighter material one...
DD took binkies and while I won't give them till breast feeding is well established I will offer them to his LO too...

Last edited by ** Tay **; September 16th, 2012 at 09:18 PM.
September 16th, 2012, 09:51 PM
To buy off a registry or go rogue...decisions, decisions...

September 17th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Are there any holidays that you DON'T celebrate? No, we celebrate all standard holidays, not religiously, but the holiday itself.

A couple of people have already mentioned it, but are you bottle or breast feeding? Using binkies? I do plan on breastfeeding, but will also probably try binkies. I do already have a cover, but that's it as far as supplies.

September 17th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Do you need any books for your little one? Any in particular on your wish list? Books are lovely, and always welcome

Do you find yourself responding to this thread really in hopes that your cyber buddy will see it and respond?!? Yes. Although I am pretty easy going, and I know no matter what it'll be a great surprise

Would you be upset if the gift was geared past newborn age? (i.e. a toy for a 6 month old?) Nope

What prints and colors are you using in the nursery or anywhere else? Any you don't like? Not referring to clothes here. Lavender, a deep mauve pink.... victorian themed

What do you think you will get the most of at your baby shower? Will you return something if you don't like it? Not sure, but if I know I wont use it, then I will prob exchange it.

Do you like things from Etsy? Oh yes!

Are there any holidays that you DON'T celebrate? (i.e.- Easter, New Years, 4th of July.. Hey, ya' never know!) We celebrate them all.

A couple of people have already mentioned it, but are you bottle or breast feeding? Using binkies? breast feeding..... and will prob introduce binkies later once breast feeding is established.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 17th, 2012, 06:42 AM
tricia_16_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tricia_16_
Do you need any books for your little one? Any in particular on your wish list? None I can think of, but any books with hard pages are nice to have for when baby will get bigger!

Do you find yourself responding to this thread really in hopes that your cyber buddy will see it and respond?!? Yes, that would be nice lol

Would you be upset if the gift was geared past newborn age? (i.e. a toy for a 6 month old?) Nope , espeically if it's clothes! We have 0-6 months clothing coming out the wazoo haha

What prints and colors are you using in the nursery or anywhere else? Any you don't like? Our nursery is rainbow and jungle theme. I don't like flowers but that shouldn't be an issue since we're having a boy

What do you think you will get the most of at your baby shower? Will you return something if you don't like it?: I think I will mostly get a couple of big items all split on from a bunch of different people. We never returned anything from my DD's shower.

Do you like things from Etsy? Sure! Unique/homemade stuff can be super cute!

Are there any holidays that you DON'T celebrate? (i.e.- Easter, New Years, 4th of July.. Hey, ya' never know!) We celebrate them all. We're not religious though.

A couple of people have already mentioned it, but are you bottle or breast feeding? Using binkies? Breast feeding, probably no soothers.
September 17th, 2012, 07:53 AM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
I go away for a week and miss the most fun thread! Trying to catch up with all of the questions so far.

What's your favorite color for clothes for your baby?
Generally I prefer baby clothing that looks like adult clothing so lots of neutrals - creams, black, browns, patterns that adults would wear, etc.

What is something that you would really like but wouldn't dream of asking for?
Nothing comes to mind but Im hardly a baby expert so I probably dont even know what would qualify here.

What is something you just don't need any more of?
I haven't purchased many things at all.

Have you started or updated a registry since filling out Cassie's PM?
I have 2 registries done for my shower for the big items but most of the things I really love aren't on there b/c neither of the registry places carry the cute things

Are there themes or characters you don't really care for?
I pretty much can't stand characters or themes of any kind.

Do you like Holiday outfits and holiday stuff (like 1st Christmas bibs, hats, etc..)?
I would say no - not a fan of words on clothing in general. My baby isn't due until after Christmas so this question doesn't really apply.

Do you want something functional or just fun?
Either is fine but I would probably lean toward fun.

Is there something that you like to pamper yourself with.... or a specific sent that you like????
I use one fancy lotion and nothing else. I don't really burn candles at home.

Would you prefer one big nicer item, or several smaller priced items?
Either way.

Do you have a larger item that you need accessories for?? (Stroller, diaper bag, car seat, etc)
Not that I know of.

Are you into the Boutique-style baby things?? Tutus, and Hats, Headbands and such for girls and hats, ties, ect for boys? Or does that seem to over the top for an infant to you?
It would depend on the item. I would say that I'm not a tutu or giant flower headband person but pretty much anything can be done well when done right. I enjoy photography so while some of those type of things would be over the top to use, they might make a fun photo prop.

Do you need any books for your little one? Any in particular on your wish list?
I dont have many books now but I have lots of teacher friends so I think lll be getting a whole library without asking for it.

Is there anything you would have to put the fake "gee thanks" face on for? Like something you really just don't want to get? (As horrible as that sounds, we all know we have those items!)
This list would be a mile long for me. Anything disney or character or princess related would do it. Anything with tons of colors or patchwork or bright colors. I guess I like understated baby items.

Do you find yourself responding to this thread really in hopes that your cyber buddy will see it and respond?!?
Yes!! I need ideas!

Would you be upset if the gift was geared past newborn age? (i.e. a toy for a 6 month old?)
No

What prints and colors are you using in the nursery or anywhere else? Any you don't like? Not referring to clothes here.
Im using navy blue with pops of pinky coral in the nursery. Im probably using a mix of suzanni/chevron/dot/stripe fabrics as accents but haven't decided yet.

Most people in my circle buy off registry so I think Ill get the stuff I asked for plus a lot of books and clothing.

Do you like things from Etsy?
Yes definitely - those little baby knit hats, great custom bedding, etc come to mind. There are so many hideous things on etsy too so this is a tough call. (see: regretsy.com)

I love Christmas and Halloween but the baby isn't due to be born until afterward so I probably wont get to do anything with holidays for a while.

I plan on breast feeding. Might use binkies if the baby enjoys it.

September 17th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Ordered!! WAHOO!!!

September 17th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wowsa!! I'm getting to this thread really late but here goes:

What's your favorite color for clothes for your baby? I'm okay with anything cute and girly really... I have quite a bit of pink and orange and would love some cute, girly clothes in darker colors.

What is something that you would really like but wouldn't dream of asking for? I'm not really even sure. I'd like some of those Aden and Anais blankets to try, I want a boppy pillow... just really don't know.

What is something you just don't need any more of? We have a ton of 6 month and 9 month clothes...

Have you started or updated a registry since filling out Cassie's PM? Nope I don't have one and don't think I'm gonna bother...

Are there themes or characters you don't really care for? Not a big fan of character anything, though if I got something really cute that had a little character on it I wouldn't necessarily hate it.

Do you like Holiday outfits and holiday stuff (like 1st Christmas bibs, hats, etc..)? I have a Christmas onesie and a sleeper... I like Christmas stuff, but it doesn't seem very practical. That being said I am going to be doing a Christmas/birth announcement card so I'll be looking for little things for photos for that.

Do you want something functional or just fun? Either on this one... fun is always, well, fun... and being a FTM I'd love to receive something from a BTDT that is an amazing must-have type of thing that I haven't thought of.

Is there something that you like to pamper yourself with.... or a specific scent that you like???? Not crazy about any floral smells or anything too strong. Generally prefer fruity or spicy fragrances.

Would you prefer one big nicer item, or several smaller priced items?
Whatever on this one!

Do you have a larger item that you need accessories for?? (Stroller, diaper bag, car seat, etc) I have a diaper bag that has one big compartment and I'd love some kind of organizing inserts or system for that.

Are you into the Boutique-style baby things?? Tutus, and Hats, Headbands and such for girls and hats, ties, ect for boys? Or does that seem to over the top for an infant to you? It really depends... I'm not a fan of most of the really big stuff - giant flower headbands or tutus... I like the little vintage looking bows and flowers on bands. I guess I like the simpler, oldfashioned and understated stuff.

My nursery is going to be jungle animals, with peachy/tan walls and green ceiling and trim. The wood is all going to be kind of a light cherry. I'm putting a big, framed, vintage map of Africa over the crib and will be having a palm tree mural with a stuffed animal hammock in the leaves in one corner.

I would love to get books, especially some sturdier ones more geared for infants/toddlers that I can put in her reading corner right away.

We're going to be cloth diapering and breastfeeding, so anything in that vein would be great. I'm undecided about pacifiers so far.

We also are going to avoid anything "princess"... I have a thing about that so that might get a "gee thanks" face!

September 17th, 2012, 04:06 PM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
new question:
would you prefer something from your registry as a gift, or something more thought out?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search