DDC Cyber Shower Hints & Ideas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Since it looks like several people are at a loss of ideas on what to get their buddy, I was thinking we could start a thread and just ask general questions to maybe help get some ideas flowing. So feel free to just throw out any questions you think might be good (nothing specific to give anyone away, but something that everyone can answer) and answer those that are left.

I'll start:

What's your favorite color for clothes for your baby?

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting a baby boy in February!

{Our family blog}

September 13th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Thanks Cassie

I like pink, purple... but I am also learning to branch out to teals, and red.... I love Christmas outfits...

What is something that you would really like but wouldn't dream of asking for?

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 13th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
I like Purple the best probably and something I wouldn't dream of asking for would be aden and anais blankets. So sweet and cute and soft but so spendy.

What is something you just don't need any more of?

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
September 13th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Cassie, are we doing this right... or are we just suppose to be putting out question right now????? If we answer them as well... its oign to be several different post and it might get confusing?????

September 13th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
I love pink, but I realized I'm getting way too much of it. I'm not picky on colors, though, so I'd be happy with whatever!

Quote:
I'm actually going to ditto Crystal. I hear everyone rave about these Aden and Anais blankets, but I couldn't get myself to register for them when I can get more of other receiving blankets for cheaper. They look really nice, though!

Quote:
I don't need any more newborn clothes. I think we're definitely set there. Any other size would be welcomed, though.

Quote:
Cassie, are we doing this right... or are we just suppose to be putting out question right now????? If we answer them as well... its oign to be several different post and it might get confusing?????
I think this works. Not everyone has to answer everything or suggest other questions, just whatever you feel up to. Maybe if you're going to suggest a new question then put it in a new post, or just add bold and color, so it stands out?

{Our family blog}

Last edited by Cassie.S; September 13th, 2012 at 02:07 PM.
September 13th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oooo...this will be like one of those getting to know you threads!! I loved those!!! When I get off my phone & back on the computer I will add stuff. BTW - those Aden & Anais (sp?) blankets are a MUST!!! So many uses for them (makeshift stroller suncover, extra bedding in bottom of bassinet, etc.) totally worth the price!!!!!

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

September 13th, 2012, 03:17 PM
What's your favorite color for clothes for your baby? Anything blue - light, dark, navy.

This does not apply to me really - I am not shy to ask for anything. I do love those Aden and Anais blankets, I love those Rockabye Baby Lullabies, I have two registries going at BRU and Buy Buy Baby.

What is something you just don't need any more of? I think after my shower I will be set with books and newborn clothes. And we have a bunch of stuffed animals already.

Have you started or updated a registry since filling out Cassie's PM?

September 13th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Shades of Grey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like lime green, orange, electric blue, and teal. Not the traditional baby blues and pastel green or yellow.

Cloth diaper anything, wet bags for the diaper pail, I love the Rockabye baby cds too

I dont need any more blankets, Ive gotten tons and my family is buying more...

barely... I should get on that.

*** New question! ***
Are there themes or characters you don't really care for?
Im not a fan of most characters, Winnie the Pooh and such

I am peace, full of unconditional love. I am confident and in tune with the Divine, receptive to guidance.
September 13th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
What's your favorite color for clothes for your baby? purple or pink

What is something that you would really like but wouldn't dream of asking for? not too sure

What is something you just don't need any more of? newborn clothes

Are there themes or characters you don't really care for? only characters i like is disney
September 13th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh this is so fun!! I'm doing this on an I pad so when the response is a big blob, sorry.

Favorite color- pale pink and grey!! Love sparkles, lace, and anything girly

Something I do not need more of- socks! I have a million pairs!! Large blankets, so many my closet is full.

Registry update- still just the one. Most people don't follow them here so I don't want to waste my time.

Themed charectors- honestly, I'm not a big themed person. Just not my style.

September 13th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
What's your favorite color for clothes for your baby? Not really needing clothes but I like anything that's not too frilly(lace & velvet)

What is something that you would really like but wouldn't dream of asking for? Hmm...well I do like lots of slings to try out & use. I also don't mind used if it's nice and a good value. I already have a pouch type sling but would love to try the others(except for the maya...hated it). I'd like anything in cloth diaper category, especially for bigger sizes and things I would not likely buy myself...like a more spendy dipe(anything over $5-10 lol)

What is something you just don't need any more of? Blankets...I bought a TON. I also don't much care for characters like Disney but I'm pretty happy with anything if it's cute and even mildly functional haha

Have you started or updated a registry since filling out Cassie's PM? My registry is just a lame attempt at making a shopping list for myself so I'm not even putting that out here.

Please everyone respond...I need help finding something
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

September 13th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What's your favorite color for clothes for your baby? I'm all about the pink. But Frank says no more! I love animal prints for baby girls.

What is something that you would really like but wouldn't dream of asking for? I have NO idea. I kind of want some cute bath stuff. And those Adais blankets are pretty awesome.

What is something you just don't need any more of? Newborn - 3 monthes clothes. I don't think she'll ever even wear what I have.

Have you started or updated a registry since filling out Cassie's PM? It's still the same

Favorite color- anything zebra or leopard print.

Something I do not need more of- Like I said the newborn -3 monthes. I have SO much all of a sudden.

Registry update- Target and Babies r US

Themed charectors- honestly, I'm not a big themed person. Just not my style.

Daffney

September 13th, 2012, 07:22 PM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie.S View Post
Pink and Purple. But I like blues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallee View Post
Sleepers. I have a ton in 0-3 and 3-6 months sizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky_78 View Post
No I havent updated it since but I did update it not long before I did the questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades of Grey View Post
Are there themes or characters you don't really care for?
I dont like Hello Kitty and Princess stuff.

NEW QUESTION
Do you like Holiday outfits and holiday stuff (like 1st Christmas bibs, hats, etc..)?

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
September 14th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Holiday stuff is ok...I'm not one for super fancy but it never hurts to have something nice. Babies first things are ok too...if it's really cute

Another question:
Do you want something functional or just fun?
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

September 14th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Miss Kelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you like Holiday outfits and holiday stuff (like 1st Christmas bibs, hats, etc..)? I'm not huge into first holiday outfits but if something was way cute, I'd be all in.

Do you want something functional or just fun? Either would be just fine.

September 14th, 2012, 04:03 AM
ash29nc's Avatar Super Mommy
Fave color for outfits- pink purple aqua
Something I dont need- 3-6 mos clothes
Something id like-i wanna try those tommie tippie bottles
No registry
Themes not really but not opposed
I love babies.1st holiday things

September 14th, 2012, 05:02 AM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm easy to please. We are BF'ing and CD'ing & going to try to not use pacifiers (none of the others did) so we just need normal baby stuff if that makes sense. After having 3 kids Im not really looking at the newest gadgets for babies just the basics.

September 14th, 2012, 05:51 AM
What is something that you would really like but wouldn't dream of asking for? The Blooming Bath.... I love it sooo much..... but no where I am reg for is carrying it.

What is something you just don't need any more of? bibs... I have 15 bibs.... 12 given to me and I bought 3....

Have you started or updated a registry since filling out Cassie's PM? Been updating like crazy.... Reg at BRU and Walmart.

Are there themes or characters you don't really care for? Were not doing a character theme at all... It's more of a victorian style room.

Do you like Holiday outfits and holiday stuff (like 1st Christmas bibs, hats, etc..)? I LOVE Christmas!!! It's my fav holiday...... I have already purchased 1 first christmas onesie.... but thats it.... I would love more winter themed clothes...

Question:
I love buying something for the mom tooo when purchasing for a baby shower..... Is there something that you like to pamper yourself with.... or a specific sent that you like????

September 14th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Are there themes or characters you don't really care for? I'm not really a fan of character clothes or items. We are doing an owl theme, though, so I love anything owl!

Do you like Holiday outfits and holiday stuff (like 1st Christmas bibs, hats, etc..)? I do, although since she's due on the 21st and there's a chance I could go late and she'd miss Christmas, I don't think I'll be buying anything.

Do you want something functional or just fun? I'm fine with either!

I love buying something for the mom tooo when purchasing for a baby shower..... Is there something that you like to pamper yourself with.... or a specific sent that you like???? Hmm, I'm not a big pamperer of myself. My favorite scent though is anything fruity or tropical.

*** New Question ***

Would you prefer one big nicer item, or several smaller priced items?

{Our family blog}

September 14th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Are there themes or characters you don't really care for? Not really. I'm really not into the brown/green color combo if that's a "theme." My BFF loves it and I always smile and nod when she shows me stuff

Do you like Holiday outfits and holiday stuff (like 1st Christmas bibs, hats, etc..)?
I would love some of this - I have none! Joey and I both have reindeer antlers we wear when opening up gifts (we're nuts)...but Tyler has none...

Do you want something functional or just fun? Either would be welcome

Is there something that you like to pamper yourself with.... or a specific scent that you like????
I love lavender or coconut. Or guava. Just not avocado.

Would you prefer one big nicer item, or several smaller priced items?
Either...but could someone please remind me what the price limit was set at?? I totally forgot.

New question - Do you have a larger item that you need accessories for?? (Stroller, diaper bag, car seat, etc)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search